Sequel: Dear God
Status: ~finito~

Gimme One Reason.

5

Zack had agreed to let me come on tour with them, but it took him three days to make sure I was ok with it. He explained, hundreds, and I mean hundreds, of times how small the bus was. That it was literally sleeping on each other, and sketchy as Hell.

"For the last time, Zack. I'm fine with it." I laughed as he handed me a list of the places we were going. It was Warped Tour, but considering we were in a van, it was worse than usual. "You guys need a merch person, and someone to keep you in line. I'm always in."

"You're like a little kid though," He sighed "I don't want you being influenced by this shit.."

"What shit? Different shit than here? The fact we drink constantly and I'm only seventeen?" I laughed as he rolled his eyes "I'll be fine. Plus I have all you goons if I need you. Which to me sound so much better than staying here alone all summer."

"True." He shrugged "Now, do you know what to pack-"

"Zack!" I shouted "Shut up! Matt's coming over later to help me pack, we both need the same amount of clothes."

"You two," Zack pointed at me and gestured as if Matt was here "Need to detach yourselves from the hip. It's weird. You're only supposed to be that close to me."

"Jealous much?" I laughed "He's coming over tonight."

Considering we left tomorrow night for Texas, it was cutting it close. The bus was picking us all up at Matt's house, so we were gonna meet there at four. He was gonna help me pack, and then Zack and I were staying the night with him so we could party one last time. I was more than excited about going with them. One: I wouldn't have to leave Zack, I'd have my partner in crime all summer. Two: I got to travel with my favorite band and listen to them make thousands of people happy. My life couldn't get any better.

I walked up to my room and grabbed two duffel bags from my closet. I sat on my bed, looking at my watch. Matt would be here any minute. I got up and turned my radio on, cranking some Metallica, and began unpacking all my drawers, to give us some easy selection.

Matt's POV

I walked in to Liz's room, she was throwing clothes around her room to the tun of Enter Sandman. I stood back and laughed, leaning against the door frame. It took her a minute to realize I was standing there and she turned the music down.

"Creep, how long have you been there?" She asked throwing a shoe at me.

"How long have you been packing to Metallica?" I laughed, tossing the shoe in to a pile of similar ones on her bed. "I wasn't there long, probably a minute or less. So anyways, you know we don't come back to California for a month right?"

"I know, Zack gave me a tour list." She showed me a paper "But there's stores, I can buy new clothes if I need to. Mom and dad are giving me some money."

"Ok." I nodded "Pack essentials, remember. Warped Tour. Like a hundred and twenty degrees every day for no reason."

"So all shorts, tanks, and like one sweatshirt just in case?" She asked, holding up some cut off denim shorts.

"Exactly." I nodded, watching as she threw things in to a duffel bag "Don't forget toothbrush and crap, shampoo, don't even bother with a towel."

"Yah, I heard the lack of showers is fun." She rolled her eyes "I have dry shampoo, and lots of deodorant." She laughed, throwing in a plastic bag full of deodorant, "Also sunglasses and hair ties. Lots of hair ties, I think I should have taken out stock in them."

"Hey, can't ever be too prepared." I laughed "My shit's already packed, but we're still hanging at my place tonight, right?" I asked, she nodded "Cool. I'll help you load that in to my car when you're done. We'll take one car over, is Zack packed?"

"Probably five days ago, he's so prepared it's dumb." She shook her head "He's in the kitchen, he's gonna lecture you that we're attached at the hip. He's jealous, remind him of that."

"I will." I smirked and walked out of her room, leaving her to pack on her own. I walked in to the kitchen where Zack was eating a sandwich and drinking a beer. What else. "Hey captain Jealousy." I smirked, feeling rather punny.

"Shut up." He rolled his eyes and threw a slice of bread at me "I'm not jealous, I'm protective."

"Against me?" I laughed "Sure Zack, alright."

"Hey, just being an older brother. Protecting my Little Sis. Anyways, did you help her pack?"

"Yah, she's finishing up now. Are you packed?" I asked as he nodded, "We're gonna take my car over to my place, so less vehicles in the driveway while we're gone."

"Good idea, I'll go get my shit and throw it in your car." He nodded and stood "Grab some food if you want, gotta clean out the fridge, mom and dad are barely ever home so like they'll eat."

"Will do." I smiled and stood, walking over to the fridge as I heard a loud crash.

"YOU FUCKING IDIOT!" I heard Liz laugh loudly.

I walked in to the living room where she was at the bottom of the stairs, both her duffel bags on top of her, and Zack standing there laughing. "I'm the idiot?! You're the midget carrying two bags that weigh triple your body weight down the stairs." He laughed and helped her up, kicking her bags to the side.

"You suck." She muttered and brushed her shirt back down "I'm gonna go eat, pack snacks, need anything?" She asked as Zack bolted up the stairs.

"No thanks, I'm set." He called back.

She turned to come in the kitchen and met my eyes "Oh hi. You saw that." She laughed.

"I told you I'd help you with those." I laughed as she shook her head "Stubborn, it's gonna kill you."

"I'm a Baker." She smiled and cracked a beer open, taking a swig "Definitely a Baker."

"Definitely." I laughed as she handed me one. I popped it open and cheers with her "To tour."

"To keeping you dumbasses alive." She laughed and we drank. She soon cleared all cabinets of snacks and cereals and anything she could stuff in to her second duffel bag. She had only a few things in it to begin with.

"So you're ready to sleep on top of a bunch of sweaty gross smelly dudes?" I smirked as we began for my car, Zack was already at the trunk putting his bags and one of Liz's in. I had her second one.

"Oh definitely, it's my dream. Weren't you aware?" She smiled sarcastically "No I'm actually excited though, maybe not for that part..." She mumbled.

"You're so tiny you'll be able to curl up on the passenger seat and sleep fine." Zack laughed "Anyways, let's go, it's getting late. Didn't Brian say he was meeting us there tonight too?"

"Yah, I think alone. So we'll be able to rage." I smirked as we climbed in to my car, heading off towards my house.

Towards tour.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short, I'm heading off to bed. It's 2am and I'm just about to lose the battle to stay awake...

JBDizzlleee