Sequel: Dear God
Status: ~finito~

Gimme One Reason.

6

Matt's POV

"Lets go!" I shouted as Jimmy stumbled down the stairs of the house, the van was about to leave and he was wasting time in the house saying good bye to Leana.

"Sorry." He smacked the back of my head and smirked at me, climbing in the van and sitting on Elizabeth's lap.

"Uff!" She huffed and rolled her eyes, shoving at him "Jim, your big body is crushing my little one!"

"Boohoo." He laughed as she shoved him on to Zack's lap "Oh, another comfy Baker."

"Shut up." Zack pushed Jimmy on to the floor as he laughed "Are you sure you didn't forget anything, Liz?" He asked, elbowing her gently.

"Yes, Zack. For the hundredth time." She laughed "I have everything. Extra air freshener especially." She closed her eyes as Johnny burped "Oh lovely."

"You know this." Johnny smirked, "You love us."

"For some reason." She rolled her eyes.

I climbed in and patted Brian's shoulder, he was going to be driving this leg "Ready when you are."

"Alright, let's get this shit going! To Texas!" He waved his hands as everyone cheered "Who's excited?!"

No one answered, Brian mumbled under his breath about ungrateful, lame, crazy and began driving. Zack was shoving himself against Elizabeth, trying to get comfortable, and she kept kneeing him in the back. Laughing to herself because Zack kept thinking it was something on the floor, fidgeting until he finally realized it was her. He switched places with Jimmy and huffed, muttering under his breath.

"I'm napping. Go away." Jimmy swatted at Zack, resting his head on to Elizabeth's arm now "Losers."

Her eyes locked mine, widening as she mouthed I'm gonna lose my mind. I laughed and shook my head as she put headphones in her ears.

Elizabeth's POV

I stuck my headphones in my ears to drown out Johnny's whining, Jimmy's snoring, and whatever else these boys decided to complain about for this ride. Matt and Zack were the only ones back here that weren't completely annoying, and we were only ten minutes in to the drive. Shoot. Me. Now.

I could feel the tiredness taking over my body, we had stayed up a good portion of the night last night, drinking to our happiness, reveling in the moments before we left. Zack admitted he was worried to take me, it was funny. He was so hammered. He said that he was worried leaving me at the merch booth while they played, he thought someone would take me.

Brian's response?

"They'd return her in ten minutes, just listen to her bitch."

He earned himself a kick in the ribs for that one. I laughed to myself, laying my head against Jimmy's, and let sleep take over my body as Brian swerved on to the highway. If we survived his driving would be a whole other issue..

Arriving in Texas

I could feel sudden loss of support from under my head, but it was quickly replaced by something soft and comfortable. More comfortable than Jimmy's skull, honestly that could have been concrete. I continued to sleep, figuring Jimmy had just moved, but was suddenly shocked away as someone gripped my hips.

My eyes shot open and I began swatting at the arms around me. "I'm laying you down." Zack laughed "We're here, it's time to sleep."

"Oh..." I yawned "Well I slept the whole ride... I'm awake now."

"Well..." He mumbled "I think there's a few other vans out here, I know Brian went out to socialize with a few bands that are still up. There's like chairs set up... You can go find him if you want."

"Ok." I nodded and grabbed my hoodie from beneath the bench seat I was on "I'll come back soon probably. Just need a little air."

"Sounds good, make sure you find Brian. Matt's around somewhere too, I think he was going to find someone about what time we're on tomorrow.."

"Alright bro, get some sleep." I smiled and slid the van door open, stepping out in my worn out Converse.

I scanned the lot, it was a dirt lot filled with buses and vans, looking for Brian or Matt. I found neither. I shrugged in to my hoodie, zipping it up and putting my hood up, figuring a walk around couldn't hurt.

As I walked around, a few bands sitting around having little jam sessions, I noticed a familiar laugh. I looked up and saw the back of Brian's jacket. I ran over, pouncing on his shoulders. I laughed as he turned around multiple times, trying to figure out what was going on.

I slid my hands over his eyes and pulled his hat off, putting it over my head "Guess who!" I giggled, wiggling around on his back as he attempted to remove me. We earned a few very confused looks and a bunch of laughs.

"Looks like you have some pretty intense fans, Gates." One of the men laughed.

"I don't know, I think Texas has some pretty vicious Liz-ards." Brian laughed, exaggerating the Liz part, and pulled me off of him, setting me down at his side "Zack let you out?"

"I'm not a caged animal, Gates." I mocked, I rarely ever used their stage names "Zacky told me to come find you, I'm not allowed to be alone."

"Rightly so." Brian smiled at me and put his arm around my shoulders "Guys, this is Zack's little sister Elizabeth. Anyone fucks with her they're dead." He introduced me to a few guys, from bands he knew, but I'd never remember.

"Hey." A few of them responded.

"Where's Matt?" I asked, peering around on my tip toes as I felt Brian shrug.

"Thought he was in the van still?" He squinted "Oh right, he was looking for Danny to ask him our stage time tomorrow. Uh..." He looked around "He'll show up, probably. Maybe, eventually." Brian laughed "For now have a seat, have a beer, chat, socialize, it's too early for bed."

"That's what I told Zack." I laughed "And I slept the whole ride."

"Lucky." Brian laughed and pulled up a chair next to me, immediately striking up a conversation with another guy.

I grabbed my phone and started playing some dumb game until my chair tipped backwards, sending me on to my ass, then rolling me backwards, so that I ended up half upside down and my knees in my face. Laughter erupted and I scrambled to my feet quickly, coming chest to chest with some bigger looking dude wearing a NOFX shirt.

I brushed myself off and snarled at him "Well excuse you." I stared at him.

"Can't take a joke? Gotta rough up the newbies huh?" He laughed, looking around at the other guys "What? Big brother gonna come save you? Or big brothers friend?" He was joking and pointed to Brian.

"Wrong." I hissed, crinkling my nose at him "Wanna fucking go tipping chairs? Knocking girls over? Huh fucker?!" I asked, rubbing at the back of my head where there would definitely be a lump tomorrow "I'm gonna have a fucking black eye tomorrow my knees hit my face you moron!"

"Chill, I'm sorry hun. Girls shouldn't be hanging out with these guys anyways." He laughed "Go on home little one. Brian can escort you if you want."

"Little fuckin one?" I asked, hand on him, internally feeling my height matching his. I could hear Brian oooooh under his breath, knowing that no one got away with calling me little other than them.

"Liz, back up." Brian laughed "Knock it off, he said he's sorry. He didn't mean to-"

"Fuckin fuck with me one more time asshole. I'll fucking hit you so hard your mama's cunt is gonna feel it." I snapped as his eyes widened.

"Excuse me? What the fuck you just say?" He asked.

"You fucking heard me big boy, wanna fucking come at a girl? Try me." I bit my tongue and watched as he looked from Brian to me and back again.

"Dude she's fucking Zack's sister for sure, mouth like him to. And picking fights where she can't handle it ei-"

The words didn't leave his mouth before my fist intercepted them. His hand flying to his jaw as he stumbled back on his heels. He removed his hand and blood was dripping from his jaw, he stared at it, moved his jaw, and stared at me.

"Where she can't handle it? Fuck with me." I hissed, waving my arms outwards and back "I can handle my own."

All of a sudden a pair of arms yanked me backwards and I could see Matt's reflection in a bus window in front of me.

"Dude no," He laughed towards Matt as he held me back, his hand gripping my shoulder tight "Chick can handle herself. Respect." He laughed.

"Liz, van, now."

I looked up into Matt's eyes, he didn't look mad, but he looked somethin else. I sighed and followed, waving to Brian as he dragged me away.

"What the fuck were you thinking?" He hissed at me as the bus came in to view, "You can't just fight everyone!"

"Like you did in high school?" I laughed, catching him as he rolled his eyes.

"That was high school, Liz. You can't be making enemies on this tour, you're going to be our merch girl, don't get yourself hated." He smirked at me "But good punch, I saw it. Good form."

He slid the bus door open and whistled, waking everyone up. "What the fuck Matt?" Zack asked, rubbing his eyes "Liz?"

"Your sister fucking just got in to a fight-"

"WHAT?!" Zack bounded up, his hands checking me over quickly "What the fuck, Liz??"

"I punched him, cuz he knocked my chair over." I shrugged "He said respect. I don't think he had an issue."

"An issue? AN ISSUE?!" Zack asked, yanking me in to the van "You're not leaving without one of us."

"She was with Brian." Matt commented as he climbed in with us "He told her to back off, but she lined the guy right in the fuckin mouth."

"Go Liz!" Jimmy high fived me half asleep, I laughed and rolled my eyes "Looks like we got another little fighter on our hands, just like Zack."

"At least I drew blood." I smirked as Matt laughed while Zack continued to lecture me. Lovely..