Status: Verrrryyyyyyy Active.

I Will Make You Believe....

You've Made It This Far, Kid...

As if a show could only go so well, sometimes they just didn't do so great on attendance. From what I could hear at my chair outside in the cold though, that didn't really matter. There were kids screaming at the top of their lungs and they all knew every word. All 30 of them.

"I'm gonna close doors, Adam. Just let everyone else in." The security guard gave me a slight nod as I closed up the money box and packed everything in my bag before going to the office just inside. I made my settlement sheet for the guy currently playing downstairs and counted out the money to be given to my boss. With a sigh I stared at the 40$ the band downstairs would be getting, and without a second thought I added my pay for the night to the envelope before sealing it and writing the name on it.

"Twenty One Pilots, 90$. That should be enough to at least get them to the next venue...I hope." I sighed again before putting everything back in my backpack.

With the band now done, I made my way downstairs to pay them. Except they were busy meeting their fans. Their TM Mike then came to me and we started to settle out.

"90? Wow I didn't think we had that many people in here..." I smiled as I zipped up my bag again the back corner of the room before standing up.

"People will come. It was a cheap show." I smiled again.

"Well thanks for everything...." He looked at me for a second, assuming he was trying to remember my name.

"Call me Chips." He gave me a weird look, but extended his hand anyways to shake.

"Chips. Thanks for everything tonight. The boys and I appreciate it." I smiled again.

"Of course. Do you guys have anymore dates in AZ this year?" He looked up thinking.

"We have a huge tour coming up in the summer. There's probably a date on that."

We continued with our small talk as the fans spent time talking with the boys. New Politics came up and got their settlement from me in the middle of our conversation. Once security came and asked everyone to leave they started to pack up. Mike went off to help the guys and I followed after him quickly.

"Can I just grab a CD from you guys?" Mike, the two band members, and their photographer all stared at me for a moment.

"I'll take care of it if you guys want to work on getting the piano back upstairs?" The boy with the red baseball cap on backwards said to the guys. They all agreed before moving.

"Did you guys do well tonight?" He sighed as he dug through some boxes and handed me what I assumed to be their newest CD.

"The show was great, sales not so much." He slowed packed up the table.

"Well honestly, I think you guys did great." His eyes met mine and he only smiled.

"Ya think?" I smiled back at him.

"These kids knew every word. It's only a matter of time before you're selling out arenas!" He chuckled. I took that time to hand him money for the CD.

"Keep it." I made a sound of protest and he only waved me off.

"If we're gonna be as big as you say we are, we can afford to give you one CD." He smirked at me.

"Well, why don't you sign it then? I wouldn't want to forget about the time I told you how big you would get and then did." He chuckled and took the CD back.

He ripped the plastic off and pulled a sharpie from the tip jar.

"And who am I signing this too?" He paused towards the end waiting for my answer.

"They call me Chips." He gave me an odd face.

"What can I call you?" The edge on his voice made me feel a little funny, but for some reason I felt compelled to make sure this conversation kept going.

"I don't even know your real name. I just know you as little drummer boy..." He chuckled again and extended his hand

"Josh Dun, but you can always call me little drummer boy." I chuckled and shook the outstretched hand.

"Annabel Adams, but everyone calls me Chips." He released my hand and bent down to sign the CD.

"Why don't you come out to the next show here? I'll list you." I chuckled.

"What if I don't make it to that show?" He handed me the CD and laughed again.

"You don't wanna make the little drummer boy sad now do you?" I scoffed.

"We've barely known each other for a day?" He chuckled.

"Well then, I'll leave the continuance to you then. You'll be on the list for all of our shows in Arizona until I can see you again, Annabel." I gave him an odd look.

"Won't you feel silly if I don't show up?" He nodded and looked to the side.

"Maybe, but you work in the industry. Shows get scheduled on the same night all the time. You'll have to show up to one eventually..." I nodded.

"Alright, Josh, I'll be really sad if I go to see you finally and I'm not on the list..." He chuckled.

"A little drummer boy never lies dear Annabel." I chuckled and his words made me blush.

"Well then travel safe, your singer needs his drummer boy." He smiled and shook my hand again.

I passed by the rest of the guys as I walked back up stairs. With the final goodbyes of the night, I made my way to my car. The backpack containing the little bit of money from tonight was situated in the passenger seat as I opened the CD and popped it into the radio. The first track I recognized from tonight and when I turned over the CD to look for the name, I saw the note from Josh.

'To Annabel,

Thanks for being the first person to tell me we'll make it. I'll see you again soon

With love,

Your Little Drummer Boy'

Under that he had signed it and below that was a second note.

'PS My mom actually told me we'd make it big first, but second best.'

I couldn't help but laugh at the notes and went home.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If only we knew just what my words meant...
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading!