Status: Verrrryyyyyyy Active.

I Will Make You Believe....

Look What We've Become....

13 OCTOBER 2015

"Oh Chippers!" I groaned at the sound oh my best friend of 6 years calling me her annoying nickname.

"Trina, It's 4 in the morning?!" I wanted to strangle her after looking at the clock on my bedside table.

"Yes it is! We have to go get in line."

Trina had begged me to go see her favorite band with her, it was me who had shown them to her after all. Or rather she stole the CD the drummer gave me and said it was 'addicting' to listen to. She hadn't missed them even once, I on the other hand had been working. Between my work at home and my touring shows, I had missed every single show except their small two song performance at an awards show.

"Why are we doing this again?" I made a noise of discontent as I finally sat up.

"So you can finally get the experience you need for this band! I know you like them too!" She threw clothes at me before leaving the room. 

Quickly, I dressed myself and did my hair and makeup before leaving my room. Trina and I have been living in the same two bedroom house for nearly three years. Her parents owned it and I paid minimal rent for living here, which was a big money saver for when I leave for tour every once in awhile. The whole house was filled with music memorabilia. Between my work and her fangirlness, we always seemed to bring something new home. She had even framed the CD booklet from little drummer boy.

"I hate you so much for this. Why do we have to wait in line? Why can't we just show up at doors like everyone else?" She scoffed.

"If everyone else was showing up at doors it wouldn't be an issue. There's already like 200 people in line though." I rolled my eyes.

"I regret gifting you these tickets." They were in fact her birthday present. Right before the tickets went on sale, the band I was touring with gave gave me a big bonus so I used it to buy pit tickets for her. She then insisted I go with her despite home much I hate being in the crowd for this shit.

"No you don't! You love these guys too," She put a plate of breakfast food in front of me and I started eating quickly," What about little drummer boy?" I glared at her.

I had told her about working for them, and the small attraction I had for the drummer. She insisted we were destined to be together. I had never dated anyone before though and she knew of my aversion for it.

"There's nothing between Josh and I. He probably has no clue who I am." the words barely made it out between the bites of food. She was going to pull it away if I didn't eat fast.

"Sure, will you hurry up? I'm gonna make sure the car is semi cleaned out." 

The only part of the story I never told Trina about, was the what I now realized as returned flirting between him and I. I still completely doubt he would remember me.

"Chips!" I rolled my eyes.

"I'm coming!" I threw my dishes in the sink and grabbed my phone and money off the counter to join her in the car.

Her incessant attempts of getting me to sing along to their songs ended in failure as I decided to use my time awake to answer work emails. This week alone I had three shows and the next week I had a festival and prep for a tour this spring. Trina was used to me hardly being home, between my work schedule and touring and her crazy schedule we rarely saw each other at home. She is an ER nurse and preferred working over night. We were still each other's ride or die and forever would be.

"Are you going to have fun tonight?" She asked as we parked downtown.

"Yeah, I'm just not going to have nearly as much fun as you're going to have!" The words were hyped up because I did want her to have fun. The tickets were purchased for her after all.

"I know. Thanks again for these. I've been wanting to see them for awhile!" This wasn't her first time, but it's been a significant amount of time since she saw them last.

"I know! That's why we're here!" My arms flew up to motion to the venue and the large line forming in front of us. She had been very much correct in saying there was a few hundred people already in line.

We quickly popped in line and there was already a few little sing a long circles. Trina wanted to go along and join one a few spaces ahead of us. I let her pop ahead while I finished emails. Different tour requests, reading advance emails, and working with the bands I work with on a regular basis at home. She was gone for many hours until well after the line moved. It was nearing doors when I told her I needed to go grab the tickets.

"I'm sorry! We were talking about how we found the band. Go ahead and grab the tickets, I'll wait here!"She plopped down on the ground next to where I had been sitting and I stood and dusted myself off.

"You're fine. I might order food or something, I'm starving." She gave me a thumbs up as I walked away, down the line and towards the will call office.

As if they knew, one of my bosses called.

"Hey Andrew, what's up?" I answered the Live Nation rep that had been my friend and boss for two years now.

"Hey, you have a passport right?" The question made me pause in my walk.

"Yeah? Why?" He sucked in a breath.

"I need a rep to go out on a Europe tour. It leaves in three weeks." I chuckled before I continued walking. Last minute was my specialty.

"Yeah, I mean I don't see why I couldn't do it. Do I need anything special to go or do you need anything from me?" I made my way to the empty line que for the booth.

"Just a photo copy of your passport and  your shirt size. The band is gonna give you a crew shirt. This might actually turn into a permanent position. Think you'd be up for it?" Before I answered him I pulled my ID out and put him on hold.

"Hi, I need to pick up my tickets?" She smiled and took the ID as I passed it to her.

"Yeah man, I don't see why I wouldn't?" She perked up the second she read over the name. Instead of typing on the computer like they usually do, she got up and walked away.

"Cool. I'll forward you all the information. Thanks girl. See you soon." I hung up and waited patiently. It took the girl nearly 10 minutes to come back.

"Sorry, I remembered your name from the list earlier! Here's your passes and this was also included with it." Under the small window, she passed me an envelope and all access passes all rubberbanded together. When she saw me staring at them she seemed confused.

"Is everything ok?" I just chuckled.

"Yeah, I actually also have regular tickets if I can grab those?" She smiled and pulled the ID back to type on the computer. I looked down at the envelope, my name sloppily scribbled on it. I ripped it open quickly.

'Annabel,

My second best, I knew you'd show up. Text me when you get this. 

Little Drummer Boy'

A phone number was scribbled under the name and I made the most incredulous face.

"Mrs. Adams, here's your tickets. Enjoy the show!"
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll post as long as someone's reading. Let me know what you think :)