Status: Verrrryyyyyyy Active.

I Will Make You Believe....

The Beginning of The End

Trina came back a few hours later after I had laid out the time table on getting everything done and prepped.

"Where's drummer boy?" I looked up from the papers I had been writing out our schedule on and saw Trina with bags from the liquor store. I never went with her on that trip because I don't really drink.

"Napping, he hasn't slept since before their set yesterday in Mexico..." She looked at me wide eyed as she deposited the bags on the counter and began putting the bottles in the liquor cabinet and the bags in the trash cabinet.

"You must be prettttyyyyyyy important." I chuckled at her.

"So what happened?" She sat down in front of me after she was done and began looking over the timeline I wrote up.

"I told him about my family." She frowned. She knew I would get pretty torn up about it when I had to talk about it.

"I'm sorry Chips..." I shrugged and started hanging the timeline up on the fridge like we usually did.

"It's ok, he got it." I smiled at her and her jaw dropped.

"What happened?!" I shushed her.

"Don't be rude. He's trying to get some sleep." She glared at me.

"He asked me to be his girlfriend." She got up and started squealing and trapped me in an iron grip of a hug.

"Trina! Be quiet. I can't breathe..." She let me go and just smiled. She kept moving like she was basically vibrating.

"You're so grown up. I'm so proud of you and happy for you."

I just chuckled as she kept going on and on about how 'good things' were going to come out of this. Trina had really made this happen for me and I couldn't have been more excited that she had been so supportive. There's a long road ahead of us though and I could only imagine how our lives were going to go.

"Hey, are you not doing the Underoath tour then?" She changed the subject abruptly.

"No, I already told Aaron too. He was kinda sad about it, but I told him I would come to a show on an off day."

"You gotta bring Josh! He'd love it!" I shrugged.

"We'll see. I haven't even looked to see if we had an off day. I haven't even told Goldenvoice that I can't do Coachella." She looked at me wide eyed.

"Are you making more than what you make at Goldenvoice right now?" I shrugged again.

"No, I'm not but this is something that would be more long term I think? I dunno. I'll talk with Andrew about maybe missing out on the two weekends for Coachella." She sat down at the counter while I decided to make us some lunch.

"Just don't get fired from the TØP gig...." I chuckled.

"I'm sure that if Josh and I are going to be together then me not being on tour with them wouldn't be an issue." She groaned.

"You're like my dream couple and I don't want anything to risk thatttttttt." I rolled my eyes at her whine as I began preheating the oven.

"Whatever Trina. You've been on marriage and kids while Josh and I were just starting to talk. We are the only ones that can figure that out my friend." She huffed.

"You're right and I hate it. Now, what's for lunch?"

I made us chicken cordon bleu and saved some for Josh incase he came downstairs before we were done. I cleaned up after while Trina took the time to nap before going into work tonight. I headed back down stairs and stared at the instruments we had hidden down here. I hadn't set up the drum set in a few months and I was sure the piano was covered in dust. The first instrument I sat down with, or rather at, was the piano. It was the only instrument I didn't have to set up. Oh course, despite having not played in a few months I couldn't help but play one of the harder songs I knew.

Fiction by Avenged Sevenfold was always a song that hit home. I had attached the song to my family after they passed. It was also one song that I would sing along to. Without a second thought, I continued on to Truce. The song also hit close to home, but I loved it. I ended with the piano version of 'Death's Hand' by The Amity Affliction.

I began setting up the drums after that. My kit was huge and it always made me laugh at how long I took to set it up.

"This is why I hated being a tech." I groaned as I went searching for my floor tom legs.

"I think you'd make a lovely tech." I squealed as Josh scared the crap out of me.

"I didn't mean to scare you." He laughed and walked over to where I was in the corner, digging through stands.

"I think you do. This is like the tenth time in the last two months." He chuckled and sat on the drum throne against the wall.

"I swear it's not intentional. What are you doing?" I shrugged.

"I haven't had this set up for a few months. I haven't played any of these for a few months. There will probably be a bunch of sing alongs and such down here on Thursday."

"How many people are you expecting?" He asked as he began to spin around in the chair.

"I invited like 40 people, Trina invited probably a ton more than that. It gets pretty crazy." I chuckled as I finally found the third leg.

"Yeah, you were telling me about the drunk hiking." He laughed as I flipped the tom over and walked over to place it in the array I was aiming for.

"Yeah, I usually take that time to clean up the food mess before everyone comes back and passes out drunk. Trina said you're gonna have to sleep in my room since we usually have a good 50-60 people sleep here that night." He shrugged.

"Whatever works. Do we have any plans between now and Thursday?" I looked up and thought.

"I have friends coming into town tomorrow. If you're down for some deathcore that is..." I chuckled nervously.

"Why not?" he laughed.

"I mean, it's not the usual realm of things you're with from what you told me about growing up. Oh, are you going home before we leave for the tour?" He nodded.

"I'm gonna go on Friday morning and then Friday night we fly into Virginia. When are you flying in?" I pulled the cymbal case away from the wall and started looking for the ones I wanted.

"I think I actually fly in late Saturday. I opted to sell this tour or we're not hiring vendors. It saves money."

This tour was something I was more used to. It was smaller venues and my merch would be in our trailer. I would be selling alone, which meant load in alone and load out alone. Plus paying venues out at the end of the night and little sleep again. I loved it.

"Why are you flying in so late?" I shrugged.

"Well I don't need to be there for rehearsals. Plus I actually have some work this weekend."
♠ ♠ ♠
Little filler. Thanks for reading!