Status: Verrrryyyyyyy Active.

I Will Make You Believe....

I'll Never Know

As I walked out the door of the will call area, I was staring at the note. After two and a half years, he had kept up his insistence that I come see him again. Around me, a few girls gasped.

My eyes met theirs and I was confused as to what they were gasping at. That's when I realized that I had the passes dangling from my hand this entire time. I quickly pocketed them and walked a few people down before stopping again.

My fingers hovered over the number pad on my phone. What do I even say to him?

He hasn't seen me in over two years, I looked so different now. I was thinner, had more tattoos and piercings, my hair was even a different color. At this point, my hand absentmindedly began playing with the ends of my neon pink hair. I was stressing over something so trivial, but before I could respond Andrew was calling me again.

"Did I forget something?" He chuckled.

"No, I actually wanted to double check. I guess the person that's out on this tour is done. They don't want to finish this tour so I'll be flying out after today to do it." I scoffed.

"Stop hiring crazy people." He sighed.

"Most people aren't built for the road like you and I are Chips." I took a moment to sit down against the venue wall.

"You're not wrong. So will you be on the Europe tour with me then?" I still held the note in my hand while we had this conversation.

"No, I'll just finish what they're doing in the US. The real reason I called is because I do need someone permanent," He sighed and I heard some paper shuffling around," This tour goes until May and it looks like they're already prepping for another tour immediately after." My eyes widened and I took a deep breath.

"Jeez dude, that's a lot of touring... This must be a really big band." Out of general professionalism, we never discussed the name of the band until I was already on site for the venue. There's nothing wrong with that, but I always told Andrew I didn't care and it was better I didn't know.

"They're an upcoming artist. Probably the biggest band you'll ever work with..." I chuckled.

"That means nothing dude." He laughed again as I sat forward.

"If the pay is right, I'm down for the journey." He made a noise of content.

"Alright, I just sent the email with the information. It tells everyone about your hands for the day and required hires."

The note had my full attention again as Andrew and I said our goodbyes. What do I do?

Josh

Arizona was dry and unseasonably warm, as it had always been. This state however, always had me on edge. I needed to move, to keep my mind off of the area surrounding me. I had spent all morning behind my drums until they had to take them away. The practice kit was on the one late truck so I needed to redirect my energy. Here is how I ended up on the treadmill in the athletic room of the venue. I had been running for nearly an hour with no sign of stopping. My thoughts were blank until I saw that the clock read four. With no text from her, I started to wonder if what I was doing was ridiculous. Was this girl really worth the effort? Making Jordan leave four passes and a hand written note at every Arizona show. He had to pick them up at the end of the night too. Frick, I even lost Debby when she found out about this. I don't blame her for leaving me after she found out either.

I was ripped from my thoughts when someone grabbed my waist on the treadmill.

"What are you doing?" I looked behind me and began laughing at Tyler, who was holding my waist and running in sync with me.

"You weren't responding to me or Jordan." I looked over and saw Jordan now speaking with the head of security and Mark recording us.

"You're gonna fall." He scoffed. But no sooner than when the sound left his mouth, his foot slipped off the back of the treadmill and he went down nearly taking me with him.

I turned the machine off and turned to laugh at my groaning singer.

"You're so out of the band dude." All we could do was laugh, even Jordan and Mark followed in the humor. I finally reached down and helped Tyler up.

"What were you trying to tell me?" He brushed himself off.

"No, I don't want to tell you now. You're not even in my band." He started to walk off and I followed him.

"Tylerrrrrrrrrrr." I groaned. He only kept walking. I followed him almost all the way back to the bus before I grew tired of him ignoring me.

I took a running leap and wrapped my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist. He caught me with a loud 'oof' and a boisterous laugh.

"Get off me you frickin' monster alien." I laughed and released my hold on him.

Once he dropped me to the floor, he turned and looked at me.

"She's here." I tilted my head to the side, mostly confused.

"That girl, the one you wait for every time we're here. She picked up the passes while Jordan was dropping them off." My eyes widened and I pulled my phone out of the arm cuff that rested on my right bicep.

"She hasn't texted me yet." He sighed.

"What?"

This was a fight we've had since the first day I left the passes for her. The next time I did it, he was questioning it since I was officially with Debby at this point. Then before this tour kicked off, he was there when Jordan came to ask me how many passes to leave for her again. That's when Debby and I started to break apart. He was there the day she ended it. All this and he still asks me if it's worth it.

"We talk about this every time..." I groaned.

"Tyler, if it was nothing then it would've ended a long time ago." He just stared at me for a moment.

"I'll support you through this, I have for years, but we need to have an end game for it..." I gave him a strange look.

"We need to decide when it's time to end this... She didn't even text you when she got the note..." I sighed. My best friend was right.

"If nothing comes of today, then that's it." He clapped me on the shoulder.

"If that's the best idea then let's go with it. I'm here for you buddy alright?" He pulled me into him and gave me a hug.

"Hey Tyler?" He hummed next to my ear for me to continue.

"Can I be back in the band now?" He let go of me and sighed.

"Well I'm not gonna find another backflipping drummer in the next five hours so I guess." With that he walked away.

Chips

I spent a good hour reading the forwarded email from Andrew about the Euro tour and what I would be needing. I replied and introduced myself to the other production leads and lended them my contact information before I heard cheering. I noticed it was five and they must be getting the line ready for doors in an hour. My mind refocused on the note before me. What do I do, well honestly, a text wouldn't hurt anyone.

I honestly didn't think you'd remember after all these years...

The blue bubble looked menacing, but it wasn't nearly as bad as the read receipt and the grey bubble with three dots in it that followed.

Meet me by the blue door by the buses in ten