Status: Verrrryyyyyyy Active.

I Will Make You Believe....

The Truth

I couldn't help but hide in the corner of the gate on my computer at the airport. Of course our flight had been full, meaning I couldn't switch my seat to not be next to Josh.
Speak of the devil, he was nowhere to be seen in the gate. As worried as I was about everything, I'd hate to have him miss his ride home. I did plan on hopefully being on the plane and asleep before he even saw me. The best option I had at this point was to just be passive until it was fixed or we had successfully split.
My eyes fell to the bracelet Josh had gifted me as a late Christmas present. I'd been watching to see if he took his off, and the fact his was still exactly where I had put it was the only reason mine was still where he had put it. It was the small sliver of hope I still had that maybe I could fix this.

"Now boarding flight 347 to Los Angeles."

I quickly grabbed my bags and got in the front of the line. One of the perks of being in first class was not having to wait in line for long. That worried me however when Josh wasn't in line with me. He wasn't in sight, but he was the only thing on my mind as I was scanned into the plane and made me way town the tunnel to the plane.

I decided then to stick to my original plan and after I sat down, I had my headphones in and went to sleep.

Groggily, I woke up to our captain telling us we were on approach into LAX. Lifting my head, I realized somehow I'd fallen asleep on the person next to me's shoulder. Luckily, the pink haired boy current evading my thoughts was the one who was seated there instead of a stranger. Even then, I jumped up and moved away from him. He had also been asleep and had barely stirred as the flight attendants started to make their rounds to finish out the flight.

He did jump awake when we hit a massive bought of turbulence that nearly flung even the experienced stewardesses. His eyes scanned the plane around him and I had to quickly avert mine as he looked my way. I could feel him staring before he settled in for our landing.

Things were awkward to say the least. I had to wait for him to get up and grab his bags once we landed and he ended up handing my bags to me. I squeaked out a quiet 'thank you' and exited the plane. More awkward silence followed as we walked to the baggage claim a good five feet apart and almost perfectly in step with each other.

I couldn't take it anymore. Him being this close and neither of us saying anything drive me crazy. I stopped walking and dipped into the food court area. It was very early in the morning and no one would be here for sure.

Sitting at a table seemed like the best option to avoid him. So I sat down in the Burger King seating area and placed my head on the table. He would probably be in an Uber in ten minutes in his way to the apartment and then I could get my bags and wait for the rental car place to open so I could drive back to Arizona.

What had I gotten myself into? This was it. I had lost someone I loved so much over something so stupid. If only I had just told the crew, who we lived with and knew me and wouldn't have even thought about questioning it for a second. Instead, I freaked out over Tyler making sure his best friend was going to be taken care of. Before I knew it, tears were dripping onto the table and I was sobbing quietly. There was no way to fix this and it was-

I jumped up as the chair across from me was pulled out and someone sat down.

Josh looked at me with watery eyes while I merely stared at him.

"Is this what it's come to?" He asked me with a frown. He blinked away some of his tears, but mine still fell freely.

"I don't know what to do..." he sighed.

"Will you come with me so we can try and talk this out? I can't stand doing this here..."