Status: Verrrryyyyyyy Active.

I Will Make You Believe....

I'll Always Believe...

The text made my eyes widen and I was torn between going back to Trina, who was undoubtedly absorbed in the fans around her, or going to the location I was given. Without a thought though, my legs had picked me up and were moving around the building to where the buses were always parked. There was a security guard there already standing and asking me to leave.

"Ma'am I'm sorry, I'm going to have to ask you to go back to the line." I quickly pulled out one of the pass.

"Sorry, I forget to wear this thing sometimes." He chuckled and let me pass.

"Of course Miss, sorry about that." I waved him off before I continued walking.

There was a street along the back side of the arena where various buses and semis were parked. They had guards along the perimeter of it and another stationed at a ramp that lead down towards the production area. This is where the blue door he spoke of was.

I stood for ten minutes with no signs of anyone. My faith that this wasn't a joke and that he really did want to see me was quickly diminishing. 

"Chips?" I lifted my eyes to the blue door and saw the familiar boy sticking his head out behind it.

"Josh!" He came out and immediately hugged me, I awkwardly left my arms to the side as he did so.

"I thought you forgot about me." He joked. I rolled my head from side to side.

"I honestly forgot about this little agreement." I motioned to the pass that rest against my stomach. He looked appalled.

"Wow, and you said we'd make it big too." I chuckled.

"Actually we framed the CD you signed." He chuckled and lead me inside.

"So what have you been up to? I can't imagine you're still running doors at a basement venue." I chuckled as he lead me through some twists and turns. At first I thought he was really good with getting his bearings, but then I realized that there were arrows on the floor telling us where to go.

"I actually tour in the summers usually and I work for Live Nation as one of their reps. They send me out on tours every so often. I do still work for that promoter though. We rarely do basement shows though." We both laughed.

"Well no one should do shows down there. It sucked." I agree as he lead me to a door that had his name on it.

"It doesn't happen often, but Tyler and I are in separate dressing rooms so we can talk without him barging in to ask a million questions for now." I chuckled and sat down on the first couch. He followed suit across from me at the drumset that was set up.

"What about you? All big and selling out arenas now." He chuckled.

"Yeah, it was a weird last few years, but Tyler and I couldn't be more stoked." The conversation fell for a minute and me being me asked the flat out brutally honest question he probably didn't expect to hear.

"Why did you actually leave me passes and your number?" His face fell and he looked over at the drums he probably played every day.

"Honestly, I don't know." With that I stood and brushed my skinny jeans down.

"What are you doing?" He asked as I laid the passes out on the table, including the one from around my neck.

"I'm gonna go back to my friend in the line. We can forget this happened." He stood and rushed over to stop me from leaving.

"Wait! You just got here." I sighed and stared at him straight in the face. 

He was standing entirely too close to me with his arm across the door and my hand on the handle. He was a good six inches taller than me and that's also when I noticed we had the same hair color.

"Nice hair color." He met my stare and we stood there for a good minute before we both busted out laughing. What was an awkward situation was instantly diffused.

"You notice that, but you're still trying to leave?" He looked down at my hand, still on the handle.

"Honestly, I'm not here because you're big and famous. I'm here because you'll always be the little drummer boy with the backwards cap and the crestfallen sigh with the hopes of making it. I don't know what your intent was with today, but I don't want this to be some cliche 'he remembered her, she showed up' sad movie bull shit. I barely know you and I work in this industry. It's hard enough for me to find work in this industry, but I don't need the idea of someone point out how I got a big gig through a famous drummer." His jaw dropped and he looked completely taken back at my out burst.

"What did I do to deserve that?" He seemed very upset by the idea of everything I had just suggested.

"I wouldn't have suggested it if I hadn't already had to deal with it." Even through all of this, our position had gotten more compromising at the hands of the drummer in front of me. He had continued to move so he was barely a few inches from me.

"Well fine, yeah I felt something that night and I never forgot about you. Your eyes have been stuck in my head for nearly three years and yeah, I wanted to see if something would come from it. I didn't expect us to be running to Vegas tonight for a wedding or anything like that. I wanted to get to know you in hopes that made that feeling was right." That's when I felt like an idiot. I loved pushing people away. I sat down on the arm rest of the sofa in defeat.

"I'm sorry." He moved to the counter behind the door.

"I don't remember you being this stand offish." I shrugged.

"I wasn't, I've had a lot happen since you saw me last." He sighed.

"Want to speed up the process?" I gave him an odd look.

"Let's play twenty questions, honest answers, no holds." Just like that I couldn't stop myself.

"Why not 21 questions?" He face palmed and I couldn't help but cackle at the frustration on his face.

"I've never had to try so hard to get to know someone." I scoffed.

"We're just getting started."