Status: Verrrryyyyyyy Active.

I Will Make You Believe....

Oh Canada

On the 28th, we flew up to the first date of the Canadian run. We were flying in very early in the morning to have two days of rehearsals again. Josh and I separated immediately once we were on site. Of course, I had a morning of dealing with late merch shipments and attempting to get everything ready. This came to a screeching halt once Andrew came running through the venue.

"Chips!" I stood from behind the merch counter, a stack of 12 smalls in my hand that I had been counting as Andrew was literally running my way.

"Where's the fire?" I joked as I put the shirts back in the box after they were counted. He stopped in front of the counter and took a deep breath before continuing.

"You said you do lights right?!" He exclaimed while breathing heavily, clearly having actually ran all the way to me.

"Yeah, I have in the past. Why?" He motioned me forward and once I was around the counter, he grabbed my wrist and pulled me away.

"Where are we going? I still have merch to count in!" He didn't answer me as I was pulled all the way through the house to the floor where road cases were scattered amongst the room.

It was nearing two and when I looked up at the stage, I realized that there was no production up. We had stagehands on the sides waiting for instruction. Jordan was on the phone a few feet away from us and the rest of the crew was trying to make sense of what the cases were.

"What's going on?" Production should've been up by now.

"Shap is being sent back to the states," My eyes widened," There's something wrong with his immigration status and we aren't sure he is going to make it in time to get this up or at all really. Can you just help us get the lights up and we can figure it out after that ok?" I looked around at the cases strewn about. I knew the plot vaguely, but somewhere there was a diagram.

"Get the hands." I went into action pulling the cases closer to the stage.

After Andrew provided me with an extra set of gloves and we found the diagram, lights and stage went up by 4. We had everything ready, and when the band finally came back from press they had a walk through. Andrew and I sat at front of house running ques. I had to edit a few things, almost deleting the show at one point, but we made it through.

"Feel like you'd be good to do this for the rest of tour if we needed you to?" I shrugged.

"I still have to do merch. I didn't even get everything counted in today." He shrugged.

"I mean, wouldn't it be easier for us to find a different merch person over a light person?" I shrugged this time as I clicked through the ques to make sure they are still good.

"Yeah, but I would have to make it someone that Live Nation already employs and I know that everyone that could get here is already out on tour." I looked over at him and he seemed to be thinking.

"Well, you can hire vendors at least right? I'm sure the guys are ok with pitching in a little more so that you can do both?" I sighed.

"I'm sure they're fine with that, I just don't want to be that person. I won't have time to do load out most likely and I'll be on that hella lack of sleep game." HE shrugged.

"We're not going to force you into something that you don't want to do. We never would ask anything of you that we didn't think you were capable of." I shook my head.

"No, of course not," I stood from the stool I had been using," I'm gonna go do my counts for merch though. I'm getting more tomorrow so it's best that I get it done tonight. I'll probably be late to dinner."

He offered to help me immediately, but the less people involved since I would be hiring vendors, the better. I asked him to make sure that a seat at dinner was left open next to Jordan so I could talk to him. Also, I asked him to apologize for me being late. Luckily, I wasn't too late. The seat to the right of Jordan, and the left of Josh who was seated at the head of the table, was left open for me. I couldn't help but be relieved as Josh grabbed my hand under the table once I sat down. My eyes met his and I gave him a small smile before Jordan pulled me away from him.

"So Shap probably isn't going to make it..." I sighed.

"Think you would be good doing lights instead of merch?" I shook my head.

"I can't turn over merch to anyone other than someone employed by Live Nation and everyone that could take over is already out on tour. I would have to do both." Jordan sighed.

"Well it's up to you..." Before I could speak, Andrew jumped in with suggestions on how to make it a little easier for me. They were talking about set up and break down and the guys helping out a lot more. Josh squeezed my hand, pulling me away from the conversation.

"Are you ready?" He asked me quietly so the guys engaged in a conversation at the table wouldn't hear him.

"Ready when you are." I smiled at him.

Hopefully telling them would go over well and I wouldn't be the cause of any problems....