Status: Verrrryyyyyyy Active.

I Will Make You Believe....

Surprise

I had been so busy with the tour, that I had forgotten about the surprise I had been planning for Josh. Aaron called me early on our day off in Vancouver to confirm that I was still coming to the show. I had to have Jordan switch our flights around and book a hotel and rental car. He was going to love it, but surely we would be tired. I was hoping he wouldn't be too upset that we were so close to his home town and unable to visit. I just had to be in the valley to pick up my credentials the next day.

"Good morning." Josh stretched and cuddled up under the sheets while looking up at me. I was sitting up in bed making the final bookings for our mini trip.

"Morning, honey. Sleep well?" We got to the hotel around 5 this morning, Aaron had called me around 10 and I've been awake for the last two hours.

"I need more. Why aren't you asleep?" I closed my computer and moved it to the bedside table before settling under the sheets.

"I had a friend call me a few hours ago. Had to schedule some stuff. Let's get back to bed while we can..." he chuckled and pulled me into him.

"Look at you being all busy." He kissed my forehead before settling back down. Now was probably the worst time to break the news to him, but he had to know.

"So, I have a surprise for you." He pulled back and looked at me.

"Oh yeah? what kind of surprise?" I smiled.

"The kind that involves not flying home to LA after this tour is over." He frowned at me.

"Whattttt? Do we have to?" I nodded.

"Yes, and we're going to Cleveland. It's a surprise for realz so don't go looking it up ok?" He chuckled.

"Ok babe, whatever you want." He pulled me closer again.

"I just want to know if you're still coming to Indio with me, because we have to fly straight there after Cleveland if that's the case." He looked at me.

"I'm ok with that. We only have 5 days between this tour and Australia anyways. Let's go back to sleep now though. You have to get up stupid early tomorrow."

So we did, and he had been right. The last load in of the Canada tour was a busy one. I had double the merch coming in and we were short hands again. Meaning I went from 8 am to midnight, thankful as ever we didn't have to load out that day. Josh, being the saint that he is, actually had a friggin bubble bath ready for me when I was done that night. I couldn't even begin to explain how much I appreciate being able to unwind like that. It was even nicer that we were able to sleep in until nearly noon the next day and not have to be at the venue for two hours. I used that time to pack my suitcase up and get ready to go to the airport as soon as load out was done. Josh had press all morning though, so I made sure to check into all our flights while he wasn't there.

I made it back to the venue around 2 for a crew meeting. Jordan had the boys in the middle of the floor doing a phone interview and we stood off to the side.

"So today we finally had all of Shap's immigration issues fixed. He will be with us in Australia." I was relieved to hear that.

"Let's give a good round of applause for our least sleeping, double duty pulling crew member." They all looked at me and gave me a small round of applause.

"Of course this goes to you again." He handed me an envelope.

"Again? I didn't even do anything this time..." a few of them scoffed.

"It's cool not like you literally saved us by pulling double duty without batting an eyelash." Mark scoffed.

"Just take it. You're like the most difficult person ever..." Ben groaned. We all laughed and that's when I opened it. I still had the envelope with the European currency packed away in my room at home. I had never counted it and had only taken out of it once. So the shock across my face was unreal once I realized there was easily 3k in US currency in there.

"There's like 3000 dollars in here..." they all shrugged.

"It's a short run..." I looked at Simon wide eyed.

"Wait, what was in the other one I got?" They all looked at me confused.

"You didn't open it?" I shook my head.

"I was trying to save it for when I had a chance to go back not for work. I might open it when I get home now..." they all laughed.

"And I have everyone booked out tonight for the rooms. Transpo will be in the lobby at 11. Then back at it again five days later. I have everyone meeting up in LA and we will cross the ocean together. Sound good?" Everyone nodded, but before they walked away I had to stop them.

"I'm not taking all of this..." before anyone could argue, I pulled out money and started passing it out to everyone. I didn't disperse it evenly, but I did give everyone at least $100.

"That's not how the bonus works..." Damon reminded me. I shook my head.

"Everyone had to do extra work in this tour to help with everything. I'm not taking all of this."