Status: Verrrryyyyyyy Active.

I Will Make You Believe....

Cease

We made our flight and it took us about 7 hours to get to Cleveland. First thing I did was check into the hotel with Josh.

"Dude, cookies!" We both frantically grabbed for the warm cookie the double tree was famous for. I couldn't help but laugh as the red haired boy tried to grab more than his hands could handle. I let him worry about the cookies while I finished checking in. By the time we got up to the room, he had acquired the entire box.

"Pretty sure that guy was trying to hit on you through the cookies." I laughed as we settled our bags down in the room.

"Too bad I'm spoken for. Now what's the plan, beautiful?"I looked out the window and we could see lake Erie beyond the buildings. It was beautiful.

"So I planned a little touristy day, which is funny cause you're from here." I laughed again as he wrapped his arms around me and rested his chin on my shoulder to look out the window with me.

"That doesn't mean I don't wanna go look at stuff. Whatever you have planned I'm down for."

That was that. We went to the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame, then had dinner at a place next to the lake, and we finished off our day with a sunset walk around the lake. The walk turned into him tossing me into the lake and me returning the favor. After a shower and some clean clothes, we were enjoying a nice movie night.

"So you flew me out here just to tell me that I'd make it into the hall of fame one day?" He chuckled as we watch the animated bunny and fox walked around on the screen.

"Actually tomorrow is when your surprise is, but I really wanted a day to just be with you before I get hella busy and such." He just continued to play with my hair as we sat on the bed. He was sitting upright against the headboard with me curled up facing the TV with my head in his lap.

"What will I be doing while you're at Coachella?" I turned so I was laying facing up to the ceiling.

"I have you on a production wristband so you can go where ever you want. I'll be making a lot of trips between the merch area and the offices. You can follow me around or watch some bands. I have some time for bands, just a few though." When he didn't respond, I reached up and gently pulled at the unruly hair on his head.

"You need to redo the color on this." He sighed.

"Yeah, Hayley sent me more dye. We just haven't been home for me to do it." I twirled it around my finger.

"Any chance you're changing the color?" He shrugged.

"I'm kinda thinking pink..." I chuckled.

"What? Don't want your man to have pink hair?" I scoffed.

"You can do whatever you want babe, but I'm gonna do my hair the same color." He looked at me with a smile.

"Really?" I nodded quickly.

"Of course, We have had the same hair color literally since we've known each other. Not gonna change anything." We both laughed.

"Wanna do it once we meet up again after Australia?" He nodded once.

"We can have a hair dye party and completely destroy the bathroom in LA before I'm off the lease." I chuckled as I continued to play with his hair.

"I love it when you do that..." I smiled and sat up next to him, patting my lap.

He immediately laid down and I played with his hair and lightly scratched his head while he sat there. He must've fallen asleep at some point because I heard his soft snores once the movie was over. I clicked around on the TV until I found Criminal Minds playing and set the volume very low before calling Trina.

"Hey! How's Cleveland?" I hummed in thought for a minute. I wanted to ask her about relationship stuff, but didn't want Josh to hear if he did wake up while I was on the phone.

"Se on todella mukavaa. Kaipaan ottaa aikaa vain meille rehellisesti..." (It's really nice. I miss having time to just us honestly.)I gave a small dry chuckle at the end of my words. Finnish was the first language we both learned together.

"Oh, Josh is in the room?" I just gave her a hum of confirmation.

"Is everything ok then?"I sighed.

"Tiedän, mitä olet kertonut minulle, mutta tarvitsen lisää vahvistusta, että en menetä sitä on täysin ja uncontrollably rakastunut tähän mieheen..."(I know what you've told me, but I need more confirmation that I'm not losing it for being completely and uncontrollably in love with this man...)

"You're not losing it," She told me while I continued to play with his hair while he slept. If I stopped he would probably wake up,"Love varies. Don't worry about time and just worry about being in love with him ok?"

"Thanks Trina." I smiled.

"Now, when are you coming home?"

"We will be there probably around noon on the 8th. I'm staying at his apartment while I'm at the offices and he flies in on the 8th in the morning."

"So how are you getting home then." I thought about it for a minute. Two plane tickets would probably be expensive as all hell and he would be tired.

"I'll probably rent a car. He's flying in super early and I'm gonna want to just get there and be done. Ya know?" She hummed in agreement.

"Ok, Just remember I'll be in Sedona the 9th and 10th. Greg asked me and a few other friends on a hiking trip." Greg was a guy that had stumbled into our friend group. He worked at a law office in town and had apparently drunkenly stumbled into a conversation Trina and her coworkers were having. I had my suspicions that Trina liked him, but she wouldn't be the first to act.

"That's fine. I might have the guys over on Saturday night if that's cool? Since we're telling friends and family I figure I should tell them." She chuckled with me.

We spoke for a little longer before I knew I needed to get to sleep. I put my phone down and looked at the sleeping boy snoring lightly on my lap. He was probably going to be so excited for tomorrow.

Josh

The next morning, Chips had room service brought to us. I was ridiculously happy that she had given us so much time to just lounge in the room. With her being such a "keep going" kind of person, I'm glad she knew I wanted some recharge time.

We had breakfast and around one she got a phone call and walked into the bathroom to take it. After her phone call, she had me get dressed and we were off to where ever we were going.

"I'm going to stop and grab some stuff from Walmart." She told me as we were parking.

"This is the weirdest day ever." I joked with her.

"Well they needed some stuff and the runner is being slow." I tilted my head at that.

"Runner? Are we going to a show?" She smiled as we walked into the Walmart, she immediately pulled me towards the guys clothing.

"Yes, I know we just did all that, but I promise you'll love it." She grabbed my hand as she started grabbing socks and underwear off the rack.

"They are the 'throw away after instead of washing' kind of band." I chuckled, knowing what that life was like.

"Do you want a snack or something while we are here? They might want to grab dinner in a few hours." I shrugged.

"I think I'll be fine until then."

We quickly checked out and made it back to the car. When we pulled up to the Agora parking area, I grew curious. This isn't a small venue and it was also one of my favorites. She got out of the car and grabbed my hand, pulling me towards the venue bus area while dialing a number.

"Hey, we're out by the buses." A few more words were exchanged before she hung up.

"Ok, now," She turned and looked at me," I turned this tour down to come out with you guys full time on retainer." I frowned.

"I'm sorry, I-" She waved me off.

"I've been friends with the guys for years. It's not that big of a deal. I do want you to meet them though."

"Chips!" We looked over and my eyes widened. Aaron Gilespie was walking towards us.

"Aaron!" They met half way and he grabbed her in a crushing hug and he swung her around.

"I thought you were going to miss the tour all together!" She just chuckled as he set her back on her feet.

"No, I knew I'd find a day to make it work. He's just been keeping me super busy." She motioned me over to them.

"Aaron, this is my boyfriend Josh. Josh, this is one of my greatest friend's and former employer, Aaron." Aaron froze for a second and looked at her before shaking my hand.

"I never thought I'd see the day she was with someone else... Good catch buddy." I smiled and wrapped my arm around her shoulders after shaking his hand.

"She's the love of my life, I'm just lucky to be with her." Aaron put his his hands together and it borderline looked like he was praying.

"Oh and she found someone I don't have to beat up later. Thank god, I'd hate to kill the drummer for a soon to be platinum awarded band." He motioned us to follow him and Chips grabbed my hand.

"The boys are defensive over me. Sorry." She chuckled sheepishly.

"There's nothing wrong with that." I pulled her closer to me and quickly kissed her temple.

"As long as someone is taking care of you, that's all I ask."

The rest of the day we hung out with the Underoath guys. I was trying to be cool the whole time, but I was definitely fanboying on the inside. They were sharing old tour stories with Chips and I, some that involved her. I didn't realize how much she had really done before I first met her. She was their TM and Aaron's drum tech. He loved her, the whole band did. So, I sat there while they rehashed old times, only giving input where needed and rubbing my thumb across the back of her hand while she spoke.

"So when did this happen?" Spencer asked suddenly while a motion towards us. We had just ordered food to be delivered and the conversation switched to us.

"Oh, I met Chips about three years ago when she was working doors at a basement venue." They all seemed to know exactly what venue I was talking about.

"You've been together for three years?" Tim asked incredulously.

"Oh no, I kind of remet him in October," Chips jumped in," and we started dating about two months later. I've been working for the band since the beginning of November." She smiled at me.

"Wow, you two are adorable." Chris joked from the counter where their rider was set out.

"Thanks, I think so."

Annabel looked at me with a glint in her eye and a smile on her face. I loved how she smiled at me. I loved how engaged and enthusiastic she is about her work. I love how she treats everything like the most important thing in the world while not being stressed out at all. Her constant reassurance, her positivity, her honesty.... I loved her so much. She spent weeks planning a trip for me to see one of my all time favorite bands in our busy schedules.

"Alright love birds, We're gonna go get ready for our show..." Spencer's words broke Chips and I from our stare.

"Sorry...." I chuckled with a blush coming up to my cheeks

"It's cool lover boy." They all chuckled as the color in my cheeks deepened.

"We'll go watch the openers from the crowd and come back." Aaron unclipped his pass and key from his waistband and threw it to Chips.

"Don't lose that. Say hi the new guy up at Merch, his name is Peter." We said our goodbyes and she lead me up to the front. We found a small secluded area in the back of the room.

"So this whole time, the girl of my dreams was bringing me to see one of my favorite bands? Why didn't you tell me you knew them?" She shrugged.

"I've been touring with the guys for years. When they decided to break up, we all felt kinda weird about it. Aaron and I were the only ones that kept in contact despite him not being in the band when the break up happened. When they decided to get back together, Aaron called me first." She smiled as we sat down against the wall.

"Wow, I forget that you lived more in this world than in the world I've existed in." I absentmindedly began tracing the tattoo of the ocean creatures she had on her right forearm.

"Well, everyone starts somewhere. I worked really hard to get where I am." She smiled at me again.

"I know. You're one of the hardest working people I know. Hence why you're on our crew." We both chuckled.

"Whatever, now let's go check out that merch."

She bought some joggers for herself and a tee for me, despite my protesting. We spoke and watched the bands that came before Underoath. Just as they were starting, Chips ran us up to the side stage area. We were singing along and having a great time. Of course we ended up dancing and smiling. When it came time for Writing on The Walls to play, Aaron stopped the show.

"Hey guys, we don't do this ever, but my good friend and someone you may know is here. She was our TM for many years and my tech even before that. Would you care if I asked her to come out and play this next one with you?" The crowd screamed loudly and she just looked at me wide eyed.

"Come on out Chips!" Chris came over and pulled her away from me while I just gave her a thumbs up.

Watching Aaron settle sticks into each of her hands and seat her down while moving his microphone around was weird to me. I knew Chips was great, but I hadn't ever seen her in a show setting or heard her sing. I was in awe once it started though. She was incredible, her and Aaron harmonized his parts and she fed into the crowd so much. I took a few videos and sent some to Tyler.

This girl would never cease to amaze me and I couldn't wait to see what the future would bring.