Status: Verrrryyyyyyy Active.

I Will Make You Believe....

Ohio

Josh

The next morning we were back on a plane and flying into Indio California. Chips had someone pick us up and bring us to the house she was staying in while she would be working. It was a gorgeous house at the base of one of the mountains. She was sharing with the other manager and they were luck to have only the two of them in house.

"Come get credentials with me?" She asked with a yawn around 5 that night.

"Do I need credentials?" She nodded quickly while ordering another Lyft.

"Since you'll be with me, we both need the production wristbands. They don't give a crap who you are here." She chuckled while I plopped down on the couch next to her.

"You're saying that me being a world famous drummer isn't good enough to get me into this for free?" She scoffed.

"Hey man, I fell in love with you because you're down to earth. Don't go changin' that on me now." I chuckled and wrapped my arms around her.

"Secretly, I'm just full of myself." I kissed her cheek and she laughed.

"That's it then, we gotta break up." I scoffed this time.

"As if I would let you get away that easy..." She smirked before giving me a quick kiss. We heard the ding for the Uber being here and quickly ran outside to the car.

"So what time do you work in the morning?"

"Jim is already on site and I'll meet up with them at 7 most likely," she told me as we drove towards the campgrounds," I'm going to sleep as soon as we get back."

"I second that. This trip has been awesome, but the flying sucked." She chuckled.

"Sorry, these were the only flights that made this trip work out. Technically y'all paid for them anyways." I chuckled.

"You got the tour bonus again, didn't you?" She nodded.

"Yeah, and I used all of it to bring you to Underoath." My jaw dropped as the car stopped.

We quickly exited the car, she asked the Uber to wait, and started walking towards the separate line sections of the tent. Luckily, the one she needed was empty. We passed over our ID's and quickly got our documents and wristbands before getting back in the car.

"Why did you spend that much money?" I asked her. Her response was to grab my hand.

"We both need a vacation and I knew how much you loved that band. It only made sense to go, no matter the cost..." She told me while she played with my fingers.

"Well thanks, it was incredible. You were incredible." I kissed her cheek.

"Well, I don't ever play anymore. It was a little sloppy." I rolled my eyes.

"Chips, you were amazing. Most people can't get up on the stage and know how to play with people they don't usually, let alone do vocals and give a good stage presence at the same time..." She shrugged.

"I'm being honest with ya Chips. You're incredible. You could play for me anytime. You could probably play for literally anyone anytime." She blushed.

"One day maybe I'll have my own band." I smiled. The idea of her doing something she really loved was amazing. I wish we could do it together.

"I'd open for your band any day..."

We made it back to the house and like we said, we went to bed first thing. She had me up and in the shower by 6:15 and out the door at 6:45 We had a golf cart and were at the merch tent at 7 on the dot. I spent most of my day following her around. From the little meetings with sellers, restock counts, and trips to catering and the production offices. She was very busy. That night, we were back at the house by 1. We both passed out and repeated everything the next day. I flew out Sunday, after a slightly teary goodbye. I had to fly to LAX and meet up with everyone else. I slept most of the flight to Auckland, but the last hour I was awake. Tyler was too and I needed someone to talk to.

"Tyler," He looked at me. He was wide awake and hadn't slept much on the flight," When did you know you wanted to marry Jenna?" He didn't answer right away, he seemed to just stare at me.

"Tyler?" He blinked and then stared at me again. This time while speaking.

"What do you mean?"

"Like when did you know that you wanted her to be with you forever? When did you know you were really in love?" He just kinda smirked at me. Something that was almost a little unsettling coming from him.

"Only you can decide that, but the fact that you're asking is a good start..."

"Am I being crazy?" He chuckled and shook his head.

"Love is crazy, Jish. Just make sure it's your kinda crazy before you commit to it, ok?" I nodded.

"It just seems crazy that I fell this hard... I'm seriously thinking about our life together all the time. I'm constantly wishing I could be with her and spend time with her. She is coming to see the house. She is willing to move to be with me more..." Tyler seemed to go into the distant state he had been in when I asked my original question. Only he snapped out of it almost immediately.

"Wait, she offered to move to Ohio?" I shrugged.

"We're flying into Columbus after this fest she is working. We agreed to look at the house and the town and we'd talk about it before we left for Europe... She wants a stable place for us too..."

"And when are you telling your family about this? Does her family even know?" I took a deep breath.

"Her family is an issue I can't tell you about. It's her decision if she does that. We're telling my family the day before we leave for the tour." He just pursed his lips and nodded slowly.

"Wow, That's sick dude." I gave him a look.

"Dude, life is sick. Really though. Is this insane or am completely in love with this woman?" Tyler chuckled.

"I'm not answering that. You are the only person that can make that decision and I'm not going to influence that in anyway. We will be happy for you no matter how things work out ok?"