Status: Verrrryyyyyyy Active.

I Will Make You Believe....

Where do we go from here?

Trina was shoving the multiple bags in the trunk of her pearly white Altima when I caught up to her. I felt like I was walking into a bomb being dropped. There isn't really a good way to approach this topic, so I finally decided on the showing instead of telling path.

"Hey, let's run back to the venue really quick." I shed the hoodie I had been wearing and threw it in the car. With how seasonably warm it was, I should've just left it in the car to begin with.

"Why would we need to go back to the venue?" I sighed.

"I have a...," What do I call him?," friend that wants to grab food. I figured you'd want to come with." She gave me an enthusiastic head nod before locking up her car and letting us head back in the direction of the venue.

"So how long are you going to be gone on this tour again?" She asked as we walk back to the venue from the parking garage.

"Well it depends, if they like me I could be gone until May plus the tour after that." She groaned again.

"I love your job, and I love that you love your job," We turned down the alley next to the venue," I really wish we got to see each other more. You're my best friend..." I sighed along with her.

"Yeah, I know Trina. Maybe you can come visit me on this next tour?" She perked up at that.

"Any chance you're going to Paris?" I chuckled.

"Probably, but you're not gonna be able to on the first leg. I'll have to get to know the band first. It'd be weird to just bring you on the bus." She was all too familiar with the idea. Three times she's visited me on tour and each of the three times I've kept her as far away from the bus as possible. She knew why, but with a tour like this, I'd be with the same people for possibly a year. I'd have plenty of time to get to know the band.

"That's fine, let's just take it week by week" I laughed at the very words I used on her in terms of my work. She knew that's how I ran everything.

"You can't use my own words against me." We both laughed as I turned down the side street where the buses were.

"Where are you taking me?" She chuckled.

"We're meeting my friend inside, we can figure out where we wanna go from there." I smiled. 

Walking through venues was a big whatever to her after all the years of knowing me. We've done EDC, Coachella, Hangout, most of the rock festivals, and all of Warped before. She no longer batted an eyelash over what I did or where we could go.

"Hello miss, how was the show?" The same security guard as before greeted me.

"It was lovely, thank you for asking." He waved us through and that's when she started questioning me.

"You were back here earlier?" I nodded and gave her a smile.

"Wait, did you lie to me about talking about that tour? We're you hanging out with friends instead?" I chuckled.

"Yeah, you're about to meet the friend I was hanging out with earlier. Just promise me you're not going to freak out?" She scoffed.

"I have never freaked out around any of your friends." I nodded, she hadn't. Most of my friends weren't Josh Dun though.

We entered the hallway and I immediately found the neon pink arrows that we had followed earlier. Trina was quiet and taking in the movement of the gear and crew around us. I kept quietly flashing the pass to the people that inquired our presence in the clearly restricted area. Finally, we came to the turning point. Josh's dressing room was just down the hall, but arrows pointed in the direction labeled 'Tyler'.

"No frickin way!" I threw my hand up over Trina's mouth.

"You promised you wouldn't freak out." She just stared at me wide eyed.

However, a 'shush' alerted me to someone's presence to my left. When I looked in the direction of the sound, Tyler and  a blonde woman had their heads sticking out of what I assumed was his dressing room.

"ohnm meh gurd!" Trina tried to get out with my hand still over her mouth. 

In one quick movement, I grabbed the top of her arm and drug her to my right and straight through the door I knew was Josh's dressing room without losing eye contact with the two on the other end of the hall. Once we were inside the room, I shoved her down on the couch.

"Valentina Sofia Reyes! What did you promise me before we came down here?!" She only went wide eyed and stared behind me.

Sure enough, Josh had just walked out of the bathroom and was towel drying his hair. He had black skinny jeans on and no shirt.

"I'm sorry, she's never like this." He just chuckled and walked over to the chair where his bag was. I turned back to Trina.

"Trina, this is Josh. We met a few years ago." She just looked between me and him before the questions erupted.

"Why didn't you tell me you were talking to him?"

"Why are you hiding him from me?"

"Why didn't you tell me before?"

I let her ramble on while Josh was finishing getting dressed. I watched him go through his motions of getting ready to leave the venue for ten minutes before Trina noticed I wasn't paying attention.

"Chips?" I looked over at her.

"Stop staring at him, I'm asking you questions over here." I felt my face heat up as she just outed me to Josh.

"OK well maybe we should leave." Trina stopped me from standing up.

"No, I'm fine now. I'm calm." She took a deep breath and fell back against the couch.

"I'm good, this situation just got to me for a minute." I groaned.

"For the love of all that is holy Trina. Don't ever do that to me again!" I hit her upper arm. She squeaked at my assault.

"You can't drop a bomb like this on me!" Josh decided now was a good time to sit on the arm rest beside me.

"So where did we want to go for food?" I scoffed at him. He wasn't making this easier.

"I could go for some waffles." He continued.

"There's a chicken and waffle place about 15 minutes walking from here?" He shrugged.

"I'll ask the runners to drop us off so that we don't get mobbed or something. Fans are cray cray." He jokingly motioned to Trina, to which her jaw dropped.

"Ok That's not fair!" Josh and I laughed.

The three of us were dropped off at the diner and we ordered without looking at the menu. Josh and I took the time to tell Trina how we met and what I decided to tell her was one big joke instead of the drummer possibly having feelings for me. She took it pretty well if I do say so myself. Josh and I walked back to the venue together while Trina grabbed the car.

"Any chance I could convince you to keep talking to me?" I sighed as he spoke.

"I already told you my feelings about...feelings..." He chuckled as we made it to where the buses were.

"I'm not asking you on a date. I want to keep talking to you though." I just kind of looked at him. When I didn't respond though, he grabbed my hand. I felt like my hand  was on fire and it made my cheeks warm again as a blush creeped its way up.

"You can't tell me you don't feel something in return right now?" 

The fact that I didn't give him an answer probably gave both of us a good indication of what I was feeling.

"I'm not asking you to come on tour with us, I'm not asking for some random one night stand, I'm asking for a chance..."