Status: updates every other day.

Whatever It Takes

Chapter Two

: // Jensen

He had been in too much of a rush to pay attention to his surroundings, but the shrilled screams that seemed to echo down the hall in front of the parking garage made him turn on his heel. Quickly, he began to look for the best way to get out unseen and unscathed.

Usually, Jensen was all for his fans, willing to kiss cheeks and sign pictures, but he had just left his divorce lawyers office. He wasn’t in the mood to paste on a fake smile and pretend that his life didn’t feel like it was crumbling from underneath him.

He eyed a small doorway that looked to be for employees only and decided that it would be worth the hand smack if he got caught. Slipping through, just as the group of at least a dozen girls came scampering by, he knew he needed some place to hide out while they tired themselves out.

The door had taken him to a little alleyway of shops. Some looked to be boutique clothing stores, a couple of small restaurants with outside seating and a coffee house. The coffee place which was called “The Pour House” was dimly lit and he could see what looked like the silhouette of someone cleaning up inside.

That was looking like it was going to be his best bet for the time being.

Keeping his head low, he hurried over to the door, feeling slightly bad about knowing that the person who was mopping was probably ready to get the hell out for the evening. With that said, he knocked anyway, only to see a blonde head shake. He was about to turn around and see if maybe, just maybe, he could make it to his car when he heard the same excited tones of the group of girls from the parking lot heading in his general direction.

He knocked again, only more frantically now, hoping that the kind stranger would take mercy on him. Jensen sighed when he saw them move towards the door giving him a chance to see a roughly twenty-something year old blonde who shook her head again, pointing to the sign next to the lock that had their hours on them while mouthing something through the glass.

The voices were getting louder and, if at all, higher. He pointed to the door handle, stealing a glance at the direction it was coming from and ready to get on his knees and beg to be let in. By some divine grace, she unlocked the door and started to poke her head out, but he took the handle and swung it open, allowing himself inside and locking the door tightly behind him.

He hadn’t been expecting the blonde woman who he learned was named Lydia to be so calm, but when he figured out that she was a fan of sorts – it caught him by surprise. Maybe she had just been playing cool to hide that she was nervous, but he studied her for most of the hour that they were stuck together and she seemed to keep herself very composed.

In a weird way, it comforted him.

---

“So,” Jared eyed him, while handing over a paper cup filled with coffee. “How did it go last night?”

Jensen looked over at his tall friend who had to stretch out just to lean comfortably against the makeshift counter they had in the coffee tent. He was sure that Jared couldn’t read thoughts, but he needed a little clarification about what he was talking about. “What about last night?”

“You know?” He took a sip before nodding his head a bit to the side. “How did it go with the lawyer?”

“Oh,” this time Jensen paused to refocus where his mind had been. “It went as I expected. I kind of wanted to drown myself in whiskey after the fact.”

“Is that why you look beyond exhausted this morning?”

That got a smirk out of Jensen. “Nah, I ended up being stranded in a coffeehouse hiding away from some fans, so that when I got home I was just too drained to do anything.”

It was not like Jensen to hide from fans, but Jared could only assume that the divorce was taking more of a toll on him than he was letting on. “Then, did you drink too much coffee?”

Jensen took a heavy gulp of the tar like liquid, shaking his head with his answer. “Not a drop. I got stuck there while they closed.”

Jared continued to stare at his friend, trying to get a feel for why he was acting so calm and collected after just admitting that his meeting with the lawyer was just as horrible as he had expressed earlier yesterday. Taking another slow sip, he continued to think, trying to piece together his best friend.

“You met someone.”

Jensen almost choked on his sip. “Where the hell did you get that idea?”

“You are just unusually calm this morning, whereas yesterday you could barely focus on your lines and as I am finishing this sentence you have a stupid smirk on your face that I just can’t seem to figure out.”
He hadn’t realized that he had been smirking while Jared spoke or that a certain little blonde was running through his head at the mention of meeting someone. He didn’t know why, but it could have been that she wasn’t like a lot of other fans that he had crossed in his career – or that the hour they spent together in somewhat silence didn’t have his head reeling about his upcoming divorce.

“I didn’t meet someone,” Jensen started, twirling his now empty cup in his hand. “Well not really, just the girl at the coffee house, she... well she seemed different, more mature almost?”

“And you liked that.”

He laughed a little bit, feeling uncomfortable about where the conversation was going. “Yeah, but I really doubt I’ll see her again.”

Jared raised an eyebrow. “Isn’t your lawyer’s office located somewhere near where she works?”

Crap, he hadn’t even considered that. And his next appointment was scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. Part of him didn’t want to see her again because of the fool he made of himself, but another part was nagging him to grab a cup of coffee after that dreadful meeting he could only assume was going to go.

“Yeah, I guess I’ll be braving a cup of coffee tomorrow after three.”

His friend elbowed him, “You go get ‘em.”

Just the thought of it made his heart speed up, but he wasn’t sure if it was because he was seeing her under different circumstances or that he couldn’t get her out of his mind. Either way, he was starting to look forward to that appointment tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update!
I expect that this will be an a constant thing, so just keep an eye out if you are enjoying.
Please let me know what you think!