Status: updates every other day.

Whatever It Takes

Chapter Five

: // Jensen

It had been four days since he had last gotten the chance to see her. It probably wasn’t a horrible thing for them to go a couple of days without seeing each other, especially before their “big date” as Jared and Misha kept referring to it. But he would have been lying to himself if he didn’t say he missed her.

“Jensen?”

He looked up and saw that Jared was staring at him, with an eyebrow raising in an unsaid question. He shook his head at him, with a small smile forming. “I was just reminding you that we have to stay a little later tonight.”

“Again?” Jensen asked, unable to hide the defeat in his voice. He wanted to be able to see Lydia tonight, even if it was just to walk her to her car before she drove home.

He could still feel Jared looking at him with nothing but pure amusement. “Again. I think the directors said something about us needing to keep our focus and we could be out of here a whole lot quicker.”

“Stop making fun of me,” Jensen spoke flatly, not turning his head to look at his best friend, but instead focusing on the phone that he was twirling around in his hand.

He heard his friend’s loud laugh before a pair of elbows leaned next to him on the table. “I can’t help it, I haven’t seen you like this in, I don’t know, ever.”

Thinking about what he just said, Jensen had to ask, but kept his focus on his phone. “Not even... not even with...?”

“No, not even with her.”

The pair had sworn that they weren’t going to breath the name of Jensen’s soon-to-be ex-wife for quite some time. The whole situation was still raw in his mind, but hearing Jared’s approval of his behavior about Lydia had him questioning what he saw in his ex to begin with. “I don’t even know why I’m nervous about not seeing her. Like when I’m with her, I’m at peace. It sounds crazy.”

“Jensen,” his friend adjusting his arm started, “It doesn’t sound crazy. It sounds like you’re a bit crazy about her.”

“But I don’t know much about her yet,” Jensen said, running a hand through his hair. “I know little things, like her favorite color is purple and she gets a new book from the library every week.”

“That’s why you are going to date her.”

He sighed, knowing that Jared was right. He was going to have to be patient and not rush into this, not that he wanted to begin with. He just didn’t want her to get too wrapped up in his world, part of what he liked so much about her was that she treated him just like any normal person.

He was nervous he was going to screw this up

“Yes, I’m going to date her.”

---


It was a little after eleven at night when the cast and crew wrapped everything up. Jensen was more exhausted than he had hoped and was wishing he had the fourth cup of coffee when he had the chance.

Cliff, Jensen and Jared’s bodyguard, had offered to give them both rides back to their place so that they wouldn’t have to worry about falling asleep behind the wheel. Jensen was the first to be dropped off, with a quick wave towards the car he headed through the lobby and into the elevator pressing the eleven button and closing his eyes for a moment.

Upon the ding, he dragged himself out and towards one of the two doors on his floor. Once inside his apartment, he slipped his shoes off and threw himself down on the couch. Today’s filming had been more demanding than the last couple of weeks combined.

Jensen took a deep breath and pulled out his phone, getting ready to scroll through the black hole of the internet when he saw that he had a text message. Seeing the name come up on his phone instantly perked up his mood.

Lydia:
Closing the coffee shop just isn’t the same without you around.


His smile that appeared when he saw the text was starting to hurt his cheeks.

Me:
I would have been happy to be mopping floors today instead of running five miles repeatedly.


Lydia:
That busy today, huh?


Me:
You have no idea.


The next reply took her long enough that Jensen got up and brushed his teeth and changed into his pajama pants. By the time, he crawled into his unmade bed, about five minutes later, he got a reply.

Lydia:
I guess you’ll just have to tell me all about it on Saturday.


He had started to reply, but somewhere in the middle of a word, his exhaustion took over, causing him to pass out with his phone near his face. If someone were to see him, it would almost look like he was hugging the square little thing.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry this one took a little longer to get out, but updates will be coming more frequently again!