Finding Home

Arm Candy

Ville was never a fan of social media. He didn’t understand Twitter and very rarely would you see him posting anything on Facebook. I honestly couldn’t think of something else that he hated more.

His fans had burning questions and they wanted answers, they wanted to see their hero in live action. Ville enjoyed interviews simple recordings that he could later show people or that I could post online for him. It was the least I could do since he was a dear friend of my brothers, who happened to be letting me live in his gorgeous home.

I plopped on the couch next to him with the camera in my hand. Instantly he pulls his beanie over his face and leans his head in his hands. “No” His voice is muffled and I can hardly understand the rest of his mumbling.

I roll my eyes in annoyance. I don’t know what is wrong with this man. He’s a musician that doesn’t want to be seen. “Ville…” I pull his beanie off of his face. “You’ve been putting this off for three weeks. We are doing this right now!”

He loudly sighs, giving into me. He’s always had a soft spot for me. I don’t know if it is because of me being Bam's little sister or if I’m just that awesome.

“Fine.” He grabs his beer from the table almost chugging the whole thing, he slams it back down on the wooden surface. “I’m ready.”

“Alright.”

Ville runs his fingers through his brown locks of hair. “Is it on?”

“Yes Ville. It’s on.” I held the camera to his face zooming in and out in a teasing manor. “So, this is a question from @KatieGirl6, she wants to know the most embarrassing moment of your life.”

He leans back on the couch and his freshly lit cigarette is hardly dangling from his fingers as he pondered the question. “Well, @Katiegirl…6.” A laugh falls from his lips as he sits next to me on the couch crisscross. He lights up a cigarette and as he exhales he says, “Well, I was about thirteen or fourteen and I got drunk for the first time, I was dating a girl and we were on the level of holding hands, and a little kissing, I got completely out of it, wasted, drank a lot of it…We started making out on the bed, and then I felt bad so I vomited all over the bed she was quit shocked.” Amused he finishes by saying, “Well, I guess at the time it was embarrassing, we aren’t together anymore.”

I roll my eyes; I’ve seen him do more embarrassing things then puking on a bed. I’ve seen him run around Bam’s house butt ass naked drunker then hell. I inwardly laugh and read the next question, “@Heartagram182 wants to know if you have a girlfriend.”

I honestly didn’t know if he was going steady with someone. We didn’t talk much about those kinds of things. I remember Jonna but that was over a year after I moved in. I guess every once in a while I would see a girl walking in and out of the house, they were usually leaving when I was coming home or when I was waking up. He’d never once introduced me to them; he swore up and down that they meant nothing to him that it was simply companionship. Not that I cared or anything, but now my curiosity is getting to me.

“Yeah, Ville is there a special lady in your life?”

He leaned to the camera as if he was telling a big dark secret, but didn’t want me to hear. I honestly adored his child like ways but he’s get getting to close to me. I back away from the tall Fin that is slowly making his way onto my lap. He grabs the camera from my hands and turned it on me. “That’s the only woman in my life worth paying attention to; unless my mother see’s this…then she’s not.”

I roll my eyes at him shaking my head in disapproval, “I’m cutting that out.” I grabbed the camera back from him and turned it off, “You have the attention span of a small child, Mr. Valo.”

“Speaking of short attention span Bam-Bam called, said you haven’t been answering you’re phone.”

I gave him a weird look expecting him to tell me the rest of what my dearest brother said, but his face is straight not even a smile, time for Ville to get concerned in 1…2…3…

“Don’t forget you do have a family, love. As much as I would like to keep you to myself you have other people who value your time and miss that beautiful smile of yours. How long has it been since you’ve talked to your brother?”

“I don’t know.” I shrug.

He throws his beanie at my face, “One month?”

I don’t answer instead I set the beanie on the table and lean back on the couch, tilting my head to look at him I say. "God Ville why does it matter so much? It's Bam."

He ignores my question “Three months?”

I shrug again it couldn’t have been that long, right? “I talked to Bam a few weeks ago I think.”

He bites his lip, “Well, I want you to know that I am looking at tickets.”

“What kind of tickets?” I sip my coffee as I wait patiently for his answer.

“Back to the states, we can visit your family, and maybe seeing some friends will be good for us.” Finally he smiles, but it’s only because he knows the wheels in my head are turning. "Come on Willow. You've been here for four years and rarely visit them. Aren't you getting sick of me and my dreariness?"

“Is this your way of kicking me out?”

"Willow!" He sprawls out on the floor, the only way I can describe the way he looks is like a starfish. If he moves his arm the wrong way his beer will defiantly fall all over his wooden floor. He lifts his head looking and me with his puppy eyes, “I’m not kicking you out.You can come back with me. It’s been a pleasure having you here; it makes my life less lonely.” He sits up from the floor; watching me intently, “Are you going to make go alone?”

I look around the house; staring at Ville’s strange paintings he has dangling from the walls. I don’t want to meet eye contact because then I will have no choice. “Depends, when are you going? I would need to take time off from work.”

He groans in frustration; throwing his hand down his face, “You work for me, I’m sure if you play nice I’ll give you some time off.” Ville has a natural sexuality about him, he could literally say something idiotic like ‘The sky is green’ and girls would flock at him.

“Ok, can you answer the first part now?” I stood up to dump my coffee in the sink taking his empty beer with me. I’m starving…I open the fridge and realize there is hardly any food in our fridge, plenty of alcohol. I guess I will be having a drink with Ville.

Ville’s eyes watch my every movement and it’s starting to frustrate me, I hate people are watching me. “So, will you answer my question?”

He shakes his head back and forth like he is trying to shake the image of me out of his brain.

“I haven’t a clue yet. I said I was looking!" He presses his lips against his beer bottle and once again downs it. “I’m just not sure when the best time would be.” His eyes are glazing over and I feel like at this moment I should start offering him water.

“I’m sorry I wasn’t trying to push your buttons.”

“Calm down, love. You’re so afraid of angering people, it’s disturbing.”

“I’m working on it, Ville.”

Knowing that I’m touchy about the topic he stands up and snags his beanie from the table, “I’m going to go meet up with the guys, fancy to be my arm candy?”

“Do you promise that we will finish this interviewing thing tomorrow?”

He nods his head; hope filling his eyes. Usually it was hard to drag me in a bar but Ville had this persuasive way about him. “If you go to the bar with me tonight…I will finish the interview.”

“OK well I’m going to shower and get ready…I’ll meet you at the pub.”

He pressed his hand to his heart pretending to be offended, “No, you agreed to go as my arm candy! Are you embarrassed to be seen with me in public?”

“Why do I have to be your ‘arm candy’ there are millions of women who would love to go as your date!?” I groaned loudly as I stood to my feet.

“Because… I know you.” He dramatically drops to his knees and takes my hand in his, “I’ll be in your debt forever!”

If it’s one thing I’ve learned about Ville, he never begs. “Tell me why you’re being so dramatic, and I will.”

Sighing; he stands to his feet; giving me a shy look. “It’s a mutual friend’s birthday party and Joanna will be there. You’re my only hope for her not thinking I’m a low life scum bag…who is still a hopeless romantic with fragile heart.”

I give in easily, something about those damn eyes. “Jesus Ville… fine, I’m still showering though.”

“You my love are amazing!” He grabbed my face roughly and kissed my cheek.

“Ville, one rule…”

He tilts his head, “What?”

I roughly poke him in the chest, “Don’t for one second start believing this charade…”

“Oh please, don’t put yourself on such a high pedestal, you’re gorgeous but you aren’t my type. I like the crazy ones, do you not recall?”

I start for the stairs, not answering his question but responding teasingly. “Tell yourself whatever you need to, Valo!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Just the beginning! SO MUCH MORE TO COME. I know this chapter wasn't much but it filled small details. Let me know your thoughts! Comment subscribe rec...all that good stuff! Thanks for reading.