Finding Home

Sick to My Stomach

I stood in front of Bam’s house in pure aw. For all I knew my mouth could have been dangling open. His home was much like himself. Bam was creative even if he didn’t think it, he was. He wasn’t just a skateboarder with reckless intentions, but it was rare to see that other side of him.

Bam glanced over at me and chuckled. He could tell I was struggling with my bags but I didn’t want to say anything. “Jesus Christ, Willow. Give me your bags.”

I dropped a few of them and allowed the help that I didn’t want but needed. “Aren’t you a damn peach.” I teased.

While walking into the house I half expected to be blasted with some sort of prank. I couldn’t believe how quiet the house was, not a sound was heard until the sliding glass door opened revealing my mother squealing in disgust.

“You guys are crazy!” She shouted before walking in. “Gonna give me a damn heart attack one of these days!”

She always did have a short fuse. I’m surprised that she never went clinically insane. I guess she was used to the idiot ways now.

Her eyes finally reach mine. I slyly smile at her. “Hi, Mother.”

Her eyes widen in complete shock. When she finally realized that she wasn’t imagining and that I was standing there in person she let out an ear bleeding screech. “You’re here! Oh my gosh, is this real life!? This isn’t a prank, you are my daughter right?”

“Jesus Mom, you never get that excited to see me.” Bam laughs. “Prepare for hell to rain over everyone!” He walked to the back door leaving me and my mother alone for the first time in years.”

Her eyes are watering up and her skinny hands find her mouth. She won’t let me out of her grasp. “I just can’t believe you are here. It’s been so long.”

“Well, I’m here for good.”

“I didn’t think you would ever come home.” She pauses. “I know that Ville. He’d steal your brother if possible.”

I can feel guilt pitting my stomach. Ville. I push his name out of my head. “Well. I’m home.” I pull out of her grasp. “I’m gonna go say hi to the guys and I’ll come in and help with dinner.”
A smile pressed to my lips when I opened the sliding glass door. Bam instantly lit up all over again.

“Yo assholes. Look who I found wandering hopelessly at the airport.” He pointed his thumb at me like a hitch hiker would.

Instantly all eyes were on me. “Hey!” I awkwardly shout.

Dunn hopped out of the pool immidiatly running to me. He picks me up and throws me over his shoulder and in that moment I feel terrified. I loudly scream as he walks over to the pool. In a desperate attempt I start kicking and hitting him. The only other clothes I have are short sleeves and after my set back I’d rather not take my long sleeves shirt off. I don’t want to explain myself to anyone.

Finally my foot kicks Dunn in his crotch causing him to drop me while he laid on the ground. “You fucking deserved that.” I laugh. “Stop trying to pick me up I’m not 12 anymore!”

“Nut shot!” I look behind me to hear that familiar voice that instantly gives me butterflies. Low and behold there is Johnny Knoxville staring back at me. I don’t know why I am surprised but the way he spoke about California it seemed urgent with whatever Jeff needed from him.

I smiled, trying to act cool I walked over to him and gave him a tight hug.

“Well, hello there darlin.”

My eyes catch Bam’s. He’s grinning from ear to ear and he’s holding back the laughter. I can feel my cheeks burning as I pull away from Johnny. “I’ll catch up with you guys. I promised mom I’d help her with dinner.” With that being said, I scurried off like a teenage girl.

“Ma!” I yelled walking into the kitchen. “I’m ready if you are!”

She glances up from the stove. “I’m already cooking, but you can start vegtables…”

I pop open a beer and hop up on the counter.

“Or you can just sit there and look pretty.” She teased. “You ran in here pretty fast. Johnny?”

“Why him!?” I run my fingers through my black hair. “Why couldn’t it have been Dunn…that way I would have known that nothing could ever happen!”

“Willow, if you think about it. It’s probably best it’s Johnny. He’s handsome, he’s charming…and he’s such a character.” She grabs my beer from my hand and takes a sip. “It’s understandable sweetie.”
My mouth drops…did my mother just drink beer? “Have the boys driven you that crazy?”

My mother laughs and continues to stir the sauces she’s working on. “Willow. I’m old enough to drink, and yes they have made me insane. I took shots with Bam the other night…that’s how crazy they have been making me.” She lightly chuckles. “I’m glad your home.”

“Me too.”

She leans against the stove, her blue eyes suspiciously drop on mine. “I know you don’t want to get into it but I think we should talk-“

“No mother.” I groan loudly. "I hate talks..."

“Come on Willow. It will be like the old days.” She laughs.

I give in. I know she wants to know the real reason’s I’m home and I wouldn’t be surprised if Bam had mentioned something about me not looking the same as when I left.
“Just tell me the truth and we can let it all go. It’s not like I have anyone to tell. Your father isn’t much of a talker.” She giggles.

“Where is my dad anyways?” I try my best to change the subject.

“You aren’t getting out of this that easy. Spill…”

I run my fingers down my face. “I got caught in a web with Ville where he thought he wanted something much like I do…and then he would change his mind and it became a weird game. Jesse bought me a ticket home. He was worried about me, so I came home.” I can feel myself starting to feel it all over again. “I seriously always choose men that don’t want me. I’m starting to think there is something wrong with me.” Tears start in my eyes and I’m feeling like a child. Pull it together Willow.

“Oh hunny.” My mom wraps her arms around me. “There is nothing wrong with you. You are perfect the way you are.”

I shrug. I don’t want to think about it anymore. “I’m fine.” I wiped the tears away just in time to see Johnny walking into the kitchen with a towel around his waist revealing his toned body. I’m probably gawking like a fool but I can’t stop.

“Why’d ya come inside. Don’t you miss me!?” He teases. “I know it’s only been a few days, but I’m having Willow withdraws.”

I hop off of the counter. My eyes drop on my mother. I’m feeling emotional and all I want to do is scream and I’m not really sure why. My stomach feels sick and I know this is not because of Johnny being in the same room as me.

My eye sight starts blurring in and out. I set the beer on the counter, good call. I take one more glance at my mom before my legs collapse. The last thing I remembered was hearing Johnny yell my name.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys would love the feedback...what do you think is wrong with Willow?