Finding Home

Two Week Later

When I arrived at Steve-O’s I wasn’t much surprised to see that his house was an utter mess. Beer cans laid everywhere throughout his house and there was even a skateboard ramp in the kitchen. I was slightly grossed out by the way that he kept his house, and as much as I thought Steve-O was amazing, this was disgusting.

I gazed up at Johnny with worry in my eyes, “This is gross.” I whispered.

Johnny laid his hand on the small of my back and brought me to the room that I’d be staying in. I gazed around amazed that this was even part of the house, the walls were freshly painted an off white color, my bed was new and the blankets were beautiful. They were silky and elegant. I smiled as I looked at the things that Steve-O decorated my room with. There were a few posters of bands I’m assuming he planned for me to like and even a few Jack ass posters. I had a desk nicely placed in the corner of the bedroom with a vase full of roses. I was shocked; I didn’t know Steve-O had a decorative bone in his body.

“What do you think?” Steve-O’s brown eyes were wide open as he waited for my reaction.

I smiled widely knowing that he must have put a lot of work into it; I basically jumped into his arms, “Thank you so much. Steve-O this is beautiful!”

Dropping me back down to my feet he looked at me with pure joy written across his face, “I’m glad I’m doing my job, I made someone happy today.”

Johnny smirked, “Alright well, I’ll leave you two alone. I gotta go pick Madison up…girl needs her dad.” He had a proud smile on his face; he hugged me tightly and reassured that he would be stopping in at some point tomorrow to check on how I was doing with the new adjustments.

“So, what do you do all day?” I awkwardly asked Steve.

He showed me the beer in his hand, “I party.” He paused taking in my reaction, “Do you party?”

I let out a deep breath; this was going to be a lot harder than what I intended, I grabbed his free hand and laced my fingers with his. I wasn’t doing it be flirtatious but I did truly care about Steve-O and I wanted him to know that I cared. “We should do something else?” I dropped my hand from his, “You could show me around town maybe?”

He smirks and then chugs the rest of his beer, “Nah, I’m having some friends over soon!” His laugh echoes through the hallway as he walked to the kitchen “Are you going have a beer with me or not? I can show you some cool tricks on this ramp.”

I rolled my eyes and followed him to the kitchen, “Hand me one.” I need alcohol to deal with his craziness. “Why on gods earth did you build a ramp in your house?”

“Because dude, I’m awesome.” He joked. “Actually I just really like pissing my neighbors off.”
I laughed at his goofiness and took a sip of my beer; as I mentioned before I didn’t really care for alcohol, but tonight I felt like I could relax a little. “Teach me how to shot gun a beer, I think I’ve forgotten.”

“Are you positive, I mean you do know it’s only 6:30 PM.”

“Thank you captain obvious, I know the time. With the day I’ve had I feel like I deserve it.”
He smiled and grabbed two more beers out of the fridge. I watched him poke a hole in one of the beer cans, “Put your finger over the hole.”

“Done.”

He laughed as he poked a hole and places his thumb over his beer, “Alright now.” He paused hovering over the sink and I followed his lead, “On the count of three crack the lid open and chug from that hole as fast as you can. OK?”

I nodded my head, “One, two, three!” I was out of practice for sure, Steve-O finished way before I had half of it down.

Steve-O couldn’t contain himself; he burst into laughter and I couldn’t hold back anymore I myself started laughing and spit most of the drink into the sink, “I’m not as bad ass as I think I am.” I joked.

Steve-O smirked, “You’re alright, dude.” He patted my back. “What do you say I cancel the night with the guys and we’ll go out tonight and celebrate you coming to California?”

A smile drifted across my lips, “That would be great Steve.”

I had no idea what I was getting myself into and no idea that I would now become the center of attention in the paparazzi’s eye. I also didn’t know that Johnny was going to have to pick me up from the bar because I was too intoxicated. Last but not least I would have never expected to become the new it girl around town due to having a famous brother and friends. What the fuck was I thinking coming to California?