Where We Are

86: Let’s See Where It Goes

“You know, I really don’t remember sending out this many invitations” Iker mused as he moved to sit down, pressing a soft kiss against Maia’s cheek. It was starting to get late, with the reception having not gotten underway until late in the evening, the party was likely to last into the early hours of the morning, and whilst Iker was glad to see that everyone was enjoying themselves, a small part of him was itching to get back to his hotel room, wanting more than a couple of seconds alone with Maia without everyone’s eyes on them. He knew that people were happy for them, since they’d kissed for the first time as man and wife, their guests hadn’t stopped cooing and fussing over them, but still he wanted to get away for the night. He wanted a little time alone with his new wife.

Maia, who had been sipping on a glass of champagne, smiled a little at the feel of his lips against her cheek before she lifted her head, peeking up at him softly. “We did send out quite a few invitations in the end” she mused “If I remember rightly, I kept trying to trim the guest list and you kept insisting on adding names” she added smugly.

Iker rolled his eyes, something which made Maia giggle before she leant up, gently kissing his lips. “It’s not been so bad, has it?” she asked as she pulled away, resting her forehead against his “I mean, you have enjoyed yourself, right?” she fussed.

Iker quirked a small smile, amused by her fussing, before shook his head lightly, cupping a hand gently over her cheek. “I’d have liked a few more moments that were just the two of us” he mused “But it’s been a pretty great night. I think we did a pretty great job with the planning” he added, lightly brushing his thumb along the line of her cheekbone.

Maia leant into his palm slightly, enjoying the soft feel of his hand against her skin, before the sound of someone clearing their throat reached her ears, causing her to let out a soft sigh before she pulled away, her blue eyes peeking up towards her mother who stood behind her, a slightly sheepish smile on her lips. “I’m sorry” she noted “I know that I keep intruding on your moments, but I thought I’d let you know that a lot of the girls are getting ready for the bouquet toss. Do you want to do it soon?” she posed.

Maia tilted her head. “You want to do it now?” she posed.

Carolina quirked a small grin before she nodded. “I might be wrong, but I think your husband might want to get out of here in the near future” she mused, motioning over Maia’s shoulder towards Iker who had his hand over his mouth, trying to hide the yawn which was falling out of it.

Maia spared Iker a look, letting out a small laugh, before she turned back to her mother, offering her a small nod. “Let’s do it” she quipped.

“I’ll get everyone ready” Carolina quipped before she skittered away, gathering up people for the tossing of the bouquet.

Maia watched her mother go for a second before she shook her head, flicking her attention back towards Iker. “You think you can make it few a couple more minutes without falling asleep, Mr Casillas?” she teased impishly.

Iker smiled. “I’ll do my best, Mrs Casillas” he replied, playing along.

Maia’s grin widened a little at the sound of her new surname before she ducked down, pressing a couple of swift kisses against Iker’s lips before she pulled away from him, padding towards the group of women that had gathered around her mother.

Iker watched after her for a couple of seconds before he shook his head, smiling to himself gently. It still hadn’t quite settled in, even despite the hours that had passed since he and Maia had gotten married, the idea that they were husband and wife was one which still amazed Iker, and he doubted that it was a sensation that would pass quickly. It’d taken them a while to get there, both he and Maia would admit that they’d taken a few detours along the way, but he was happy that they’d gotten to where they were. He more than liked the idea that he and Maia were in it for the long haul.

~#~
“Are you sure that your parents are happy to keep Ella and Charlie overnight?” Maia posed as she followed Iker up the corridor, her hand gently holding onto his. It had taken them a while, with a lot of their friends and families still excited for them, getting out of the reception venue had taken them a little longer than she had been anticipating, but she was glad to be out, even if she had enjoyed the night. The few minutes that they had been away from the party was the longest moment that they had had to themselves all night.

Iker, who was scanning the room numbers of the rooms that they were passing, smiled. “My mother said that she was happy to” he quipped “I mean, she mumbled something about not seeing her grandchildren enough first, but she insisted that she was more than happy to watch them. Besides, she and my papa are going to have them over the weekend anyway whilst we’re on honeymoon. One more night won’t hurt” he explained as he continued to walk up the hall, at last finding the room that they had rented for the night.

Maia shook her head. “I should still call her” she mused gently “I should check that they both fell asleep without too much fuss” she added.

Iker, who’d moved to slip the keycard out of his jacket pocket, rolled his eyes at her fussing before he pushed the door open, allowing her to step into the room ahead of him. Following after her, he pulled the door closed with a dull thump before he stepped towards her, gently backing her up into the wall which stood behind her. “They’re fine” he mused “And if they weren’t, my mother would call, so why don’t you stop fussing?” he added as he gently tucked a few loose hairs off of her face.

Maia watched the movement of his hand before she lifted her eyes, peeking up at him through her eyelashes. “You have something else in mind?” she asked lowly.

Iker offered her a nonchalant shrug. “I can see a bottle of champagne from here” he mused “Why don’t we start with a drink and see where the night takes us?” he asked, offering her a coy smile as he looked her up and down.

Maia felt her cheeks warm under his stare before she gently lifted her arms, looping them around his neck before she tugged him down into a soft kiss. Iker responded to it quickly, kissing her back strongly, before he slipped his hands beneath her thighs, gently wrapping her legs around his waist as he carried her towards the bedroom. Maia smiled against his lips briefly before she pulled away, peeking down into his eyes. “I love you” she mumbled.

Iker grinned up at her. “I love you too” he replied.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to FootieJo for the comment :)