Status: Active

Would You Kill Me, Please?

1.

2:31 in the morning. I awoke with an uncomfortable feeling within me.. a feeling I couldn’t quite put my finger on. I felt as if though something had changed, I felt a danger in the air. An uneasy aura lingered above me, I felt unsure for the first time in a long time.

I shot up, a small bead of sweat slowly dripping down my forehead. There was someone in this house that shouldn’t be. I pulled on my grey sweat pants and grabbed the gun from under my pillow. Slowly, with the gun pointed in front of me I crept from my bedroom. No one on the landing.

I peaked round the guys’ rooms, nothing seemed off. But it felt off. I could smell it as much as I could smell thanksgiving dinner slowly ascending through the house. Whoever it was, was downstairs. And they were waiting for me.

I crept down the stairs, focusing as much as I could with the moon light peaking through the trees. The hallway was clear.. everything was silent. I was beginning to worry. Whoever it was wanted me, no one else. I peaked round the living room door, nothing.

I made my way into the kitchen, my breath getting faster with each second that passed and then.. I saw her. Sitting at the kitchen table, her arms clinging to her chest, hunched over. I could see her eyes glistening in the moonlight. She was frightened. I was frightened.

“Don’t shoot me.” She croaked. I stood there, the gun pointing right at the centre of her forehead.

“How did you get in to my house?” I barked. I wouldn’t let her know I was afraid.

“The tunnel I helped you design.” She let out a laugh, and I froze. What did she just say?

My voice softened slightly. “You’re alive” I asked. She looked up at me, dead in the eyes, a slight smirk appeared on her face.

“Like I’d let any old fool kill me.” She spoke. I didn’t know how to react.

“I need a safe house. And a doctor.” She continued, looking back up at me. I laughed.

“You think you can break in to my house and make demands?” I looked at her like she was crazy. If there’s one person who’s head I’d like to blow off, it’s hers.

“Please.” I saw the look in her eyes change. She was begging. Pleading for her life. Arwen Lee, the best assassin the world had ever seen was begging ME to save her life. I studied her for a moment. Me and Arwen are, lets say; enemies. And that’s me being nice.

“And what if I say no?” I asked, a satisfied smile on my face as I took a seat in front of her.

She rolled her eyes. “You’re a fool,” she laughed, “I’ve broken in to your house and you sit across from me, without knowing what I’ve got in my lap?” She smiled. I shot up and grabbed her, throwing her across the kitchen. Her body slid and hit the wall and I grabbed her jacket, checking her body for weapons. None.

“Fucking liar,” I spat, “you haven’t changed one bit.” I knelt down and grabbed a fist full of her bloodied blonde hair, forcing her to look up at me.

“You’re still the same deceitful bitch you were back then. Why did you come here?!” I shouted, her face inches from mine. I heard commotion upstairs, the guys were awake.

“Because even if you said no, you’re the only man on this shit hole planet I’d want to put a bullet in my head.” She croaked. She coughed up some blood and I let her fall to the floor. The guys came running downstairs fully armed.

“What’s going on?!” Syn shouted, pointing his gun at her near lifeless body curled up n the floor. I pushed his gun away from her.

“Get the doctor.” I said, leaving the room. I could hear the guys muttering to themselves in confusion. I went to my office and sat down at the large oak desk, letting my head fall in to my hands. Every time I thought I’d gotten over her she'd come back. Every time I imagined putting a bullet in her head I thought of how warm and soft her lips are when they’re on mine. Every time I think about her I can never seem to stop.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, starting a new story! If you like please comment :) Thank you xx