Status: In-Progress

Best of Me

The Party Scene

April 1, 2009
“We’re going on fucking tour with Fall Out Boy!” I heard Logan cry out, raising up his cup. I saw the rest of the band raise up their cups, and start drinking. I smiled at Logan’s antics. Though we had been touring and recording albums for four years now, the feeling never got old. Going on tour with Fall Out Boy, who I’d idolized in high school, made it seem surreal.
“Savannah! Grab a drink, mate. We’re celebrating.” I laughed and accepted the cup that Logan offered me.
“I know, I’m just taking in the moment.”
“It’s best to take the moment in drunk.” Logan advised, his British accent exaggerated due to his drinking. Logan pointed at me before walking away.
I smiled and took a sip of whatever Logan had given me. I winced as I tasted what seemed like straight whiskey.
“Drinking whatever Logan gives you? That’s a dangerous game.” Leo told me, chuckling. He leaned up against the counter next to me, and I looked at the blonde boy. He’s the drummer in our band, and Logan is the lead guitarist. The band also included Levi, our bass player, and Lincoln, our rhythm guitarist, both of whom I saw milling around the party, socializing.
“I realized that a moment too late.” I replied, pouring Diet Coke into my drink.
“Can you believe that Pete asked us to go on this tour?” Leo asked.
“Hardly. I just can’t believe that we went from playing sets after school and writing songs during math to touring with the guys that inspired us.” I shook my head. “I’m kind of nervous. I hope we don’t disappoint all of the kids that come out to see us.”
“Vannah, we’ve been practicing like crazy, and you’ve been nailing all your vocals. Don’t worry. Our sets will be amazing.” Leo smiled at me, and I smiled back. Through the years that I’ve known him, Leo has always been there with comforting words and a smile. Leo squeezed my arm, then walked towards the knot of people on the dance floor. I should probably get to socializing, too. I poured a bit more Diet Coke into my whiskey, then spotted Logan in the crowd on the dance floor. I yelled his name as I walked towards him, and he grinned as he pulled me into the mass of people.

“1 more day until Believers Never Die!” Jack yelled, and everyone cheered. I joined in as we all took shots, then I threw my cup to the ground.
“1 more day!” I started yelling with Jack, and soon we were yelling back and forth at each other.
Rian stepped behind the laptop in the living room, and said, “Jack, this is for you!” before playing Hotel Room Service.
Jack whooped and went to the space we cleared in the living room for dancing. The majority of the party followed him, but I stayed behind in the kitchen to pour myself a drink. Zack lingered in the kitchen, too, so I poured him a drink as well.
“God, this tour is going to be amazing.” I said to Zack as I handed him his drink.
“I can’t believe that we’re on it. Hey Monday, Acadia, Cobra Starship, and Fall Out Boy?” Zack remarked, taking a sip of his drink. “Jesus, Lex.”
He coughed and poured some more club soda in his drink. I smiled. I poured my drinks a bit strong because life is short, you know?
“We’re going to kill it. We’ve been sounding so good at practice.” I told him.
“Mhmm. Especially the new songs. The kids are going to love our new record.”
“I have a really good feeling about this one.” I remarked, looking at the dance floor. Jack was attempting to start a grind train, and I laughed at his efforts.
“Let’s go dance with those girls.” I told Zack, gesturing to a blonde and a brunette standing on the edge of the living room.
Zack nodded in approval, and we each grabbed a girl to dance with. Life couldn’t get any better than this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's the first chapter! I know it was a bit slow, but I wanted to set the scene. I'll be switching between Alex and Savannah's POV. Alex will be in bold.
I have a few chapters pre-written, and I'll post them when I get some feedback!
Thank you so much for reading. :)
~Jess