Status: Re-write

I Want the Truth

Fly Away

Aleah grabbed my hands with tears in her eyes she gave on last desperate attempt for me to stay. “You don’t have to go. We can pretend Tom doesn’t exist together. I will have your back because quit honestly I’m pissed at Tom as well.” She wiped her eyes. “He ruins everything.” She teases.

“Don’t do this. You are going to make me cry and we promised we wouldn’t cry.” Even though I want to cry I don’t want to make her even more sad. “I’ll call all the time, but Leah, there really is no turning back at this point. I already bought my ticket. For shits sake we are standing in the damn airport!” A small giggle falls from my mouth and all though I’m not happy I want to lighten the situation up.

“I know. I wish I could make you stay or even go with you. New York is SOO Far. I’m going to be terribly worried. You’re just so young and I don’t want the world to eat you alive, sweetie. At least when you are here, I can look out for you.”

I sit down at the gateway before my exit. My plane won’t arrive for another ten minutes. Aleah of course begged the poor ticket lady to let her come with me until the plane arrived. “It’s not that far Leah. We will see each other soon. My dad’s going to let me work on set with him and my mom is going to help me get back into Ballet so I can help her with some of her classes. I’m all set Leah.”

“You promise you’ll be OK? This isn’t because Tom got engaged?”

I shrug my shoulders, “No it’s not. Besides, how could I be mad? I’m happy he’s getting married...it’s great!” Too much sarcasm, Ida. “I gotta go.” I pick up my bags, give her one last hug and say my final goodbyes.

“I’ll visit soon!”

I smile and wave to her before exiting to the small hallway. This was it, a new start, a new life. I could forget about all of this, never look back. I smile at the thought; taking a seat at the front of the airplane I let out a deep sigh and put my ear buds in and just as fate would have it, the saddest songs start to play, sending me into a frenzy of emotions and sad memories.


I patiently wait for Tom to speak. He sat in the corner on his recliner with his leg crossed over his other knee and ran his fingers through his semi grown out ginger locks of hair. His attire consisted of classy red silk pajamas and a nice silky robe to match. He always told me he hated being under dressed even if it was in his own home.

“I’m just having a hard time fathoming why you wouldn’t want us to be married. She’s perfect down to the T she loves everything I love. She loves Broadway, Shakespeare and don’t even get me started on the musicals that we both enjoy so much!” His lips pressed together forming a sharp line.
He stiffens in his recliner and waits for my response. I knew he was picturing his head all of the silly reasons I would give him. Instead I remained quiet and still, I knew he was shocked because I was very vocal of my thoughts. I needed to think before I spoke. I wanted to make him fret while I concentrated on my words.

“Well.” I shift in my seat in front of him. I lean back and lazily put my head in my hands and lazily lounge. “I told you over and over. She may love all of the things that you do, but so do I? Does that mean we are supposed to get married? No, it doesn’t.” I pause wanting to take those words right back. Because I am in love with you. “I know she will use you for your money and fame. It’s what she did to the last guy she dated. She sucked them dry till they had nothing left to give her and then she left leaving them in their own self pitty.” I roll my eyes in announce the scenario along was enough to upset me.

“Oh dear,” He taps his chin lightly, “It’s because you have to share me, isn’t it? You are slightly jealous of her aren’t you?”

Repulsed by his words I asked. “Jealousy? Oh, Tom, get over yourself! You know as well as I do that there will be no friendship left here once you marry Angie. Once you two were together. She practically stopped hanging out with me; she used me for you.”

For once in Tom’s life he was stunned at my words. “Are you giving me an ultimatum now? I have to choose between the two of you, you know this won’t work out in your favor if you treat it that way.”

“No, I’m just asking you to be smart, Tom.” I sighed as I glance at my wrist watch; it was nearing ten at night. “But if this is what your love stricken heart desires, then listen to it. I just don’t feel like I should be the one that you talk to about these things anymore, sure we might be the best of friends but you know how I feel and yet you continue to keep throwing this whole idea of marriage in my face. It’s not fair.” I whined.

“Oh, Ida,” He stood to his feet walking over to her he grinned widely and wrapped his arms around me. “You will always be my number one, don’t worry. Nobody will get in the way of that.”

I allowed myself to fall into his hug and in that moment I think Tom knew that no matter what he did or how many times he drove Ida away she’d always come back. Wouldn’t she?


I open my eyes; feeling disgusted, I stare out the airplane window, how many times would I have to think about him before it ended, before I could move on? I knew it had only been two days but it seemed like a life time. Honestly I wanted to erase him from my memories and never think about him again, and when I got to New York I planned on doing just that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys what's your thoughts!?