Status: Re-write

I Want the Truth

Brandon

The thought crossed my mind more than twice today. I debated on calling Tom just to talk to him. We needed to squash this before he came to America. I couldn’t help but trying to convince myself not to do it. Was there really anything to squash? It had been two years…he probably didn’t even think about me anymore.

I sighed as I dialed his number. I cleared my throat several times. I’m nervous don’t get me wrong, but this was Tom…and I would be seeing him in a little over a month. Maybe he didn’t think about it but I still did and I needed it gone and out of my mind.

I shouldn’t be-

Robot voice “Please leave a message for,” Pause Tom’s voice, “Thomas Hiddleston.”
I deeply inhale, losing my voice in my throat. “H…hi.” I stutter out. “Um, I was hoping that you’d answer your phone, but I guess you must be sleeping and not to mention, you probably don’t have my number since I got a new one unless…Oh this is Ida, um…give me a call when you can? Bye, Tom.”

Wow, that wasn’t awkward at all. Why am I like this? I lightly laugh at myself.

My doorbell ringing snaps me out of my thoughts. It’s probably Cameron my old class mate. She and I lived in the same apartment complex. She actually got me the apartment considering her brother owned them.

I make my way off the couch and over to the front door. I open the door to be greeted by an unfamiliar face. My neighbor stood there with a nervous smile. We saw each other in passing and sometimes we’d enjoy a quick chat but that was about it.

“Oh. Hey Brendon!” I smile up at him. He has a bouquet of roses and I’m wondering if Cameron talked him into this. This was such a Cameron move.

“Hey.” He holds the roses out for me to grab. “These are for you.”

I reach my hands out for them. “Wow, thank you these are so, wow. Um, come in.”

I move from the door and allow him. I look for a vase to put the flowers in. The gesture was incredibly kind and instantly got my mind off of Tom. Thank God.

I turn around to face him, seeing that he has made himself comfortable at the breakfast bar. “So, how are you?”

“I’m great...” His blue eyes look at me with nervousness. “I was actually wondering if I can take you out on a date tomorrow night. I’ve got these tickets for this concert, the band is called Pepper, and Iration is also playing with them. I just thought maybe you’d-”

“Did Cameron put you up to this?” I rudely ask.

“Who?” He questioned.

I automatically want to take my words back, why am I suspicious of someone who is this kind?

“Sorry, it’s just. Never mind, I’d love to go and thank you for the flowers. I really appreciate it.” I nervously smile hoping that he will forgive my rudeness.

“You should smile more, you have a beautiful smile.”

My face heats up. I haven’t been told that in too long.

He smirks. “I’ll see you tomorrow?” He pauses, “Around eight?”

I follow him to the door, “Yeah, I’m looking forward to it.” Just as he exits Cameron is walking up to the door giving me a sneaky grin.

“Hello hottie.” She says when I shut the door. “Who was that?”

“My neighbor, Brandon.” I plop down on the couch and she follows suit.

“Why was he in your house? Did you bang him, gosh I would he’s super good looking!” She squealed.

“No, he asked me on a date gave me those flowers,” I paused, “I’m not talking about this, now come on it’s beautiful out and I haven’t had a day off in months, let’s go to the bar.”

“Can we bring your neighbor? Why aren’t my neighbors that hot?”

I walk out the front door; rolling my eyes at her I simply say, “No Cameron, we are not bringing the hot neighbor.” And as I’m exiting the door I forget Brandon is still feet away from me. I oddly wave and give a cheeky smile I can feel my cheeks burn…God I’m awkward.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thoughts?
what do you think about this brandon guy so far?