The Littlest Fairy

2

Everyday Moonbeam would help her mother run errands within the kingdom and every night she would fulfill her duty of lighting the dream lanterns, which attracted the dreams like moths. The dreams would float to the light, whispering its dreamer's wishes to the fairies and vanishing into thin air.

Moonbeam wasn't yet old enough to hear the words that the older fairies did, but she knew that it wouldn't be long before she was responsible for the dreams and the tiny minds that created them. Playing happily with Foxglove on the lake, Moonbeam didn't see the flash of light that came from the clear blue sky or the little girl that seemed to appear out of nowhere.

Chasing Foxglove through the woods with an excited giggle, Moonbeam heard a strange sound and peeked around a tree to find out where it was coming from. Behind the large trunk was a small girl, kneeling in the long grass and weeping quietly into her hands.

"Are you okay?" Moonbeam asked, fluttering out from her hiding place as the little girl's head snapped up, "Why are you sad?"

"I want to go home," the little girl cried.

"Do you want some candy?" Moonbeam added as she moved a little closer, "Mama says that candy makes everything better... especially when I have a boo-boo, do you have a boo-boo?"

"I just want to go home," the little girl stated, swatting at Moonbeam with her hand and shouting out in pain as Foxglove stung her palm, "Ow."

"It's not very nice to try and hurt others, you got what you deserved."

Flying away with a little sniffle, Moonbeam flew home and told her parents all about the monster in the woods.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please note that all chapters are given the go ahead by my little girl before I post them... I also do not take any credit for the story either. (Had someone tell me that I was mean for taking credit for my daughter's hard work and just wanted to make it clear that I don't)