Status: Playing with Words

Save Me

Home Sweet Home

Lila walked out the of the airport doors. The sunlight burned her eyes, she put her sunglasses on her face and let a small smile slip her lips. She did miss being home even if she didn’t say it, it was true.
They knew that Matt wasn’t able to pick them up today and instead Brian and Jimmy would be chauffeuring them around for the day.

Giving up Lila and Lexi sat on curb in the parking lot and waited. It wasn’t out of the norm for Brian to be late. He was always late and the girls knew that Jimmy wouldn’t be driving…nobody trusted Jimmy’s driving.

“Where the fuck are they?” Lexi laughed. “Christ, at least Matt would have already been here.”

“For real. Are they ever on time?” Lila teased. “They probably forgot or over slept. Shocking.”

Lexi pulled her cellphone out of her purse. “No apparently they a-” Lexi stopped when she saw a black SUV racing towards them. The car came to a halt beside the girls. The tinted window rolled down to reveal Jimmy staring back at them.

“Get in the car bitches!”

The sight of Jimmy made the two girls laugh. He was always the funny obnoxious one of the group and Lexi related to Jimmy on a different level. “Open the trunk, jerk.” She teased.

Jimmy and Brian loudly laughed at the older twins motions. She always was the rambunctious one.
Lila rolled her hazel eyes already feeling annoyed. She suddenly didn’t feel like being around people she only wanted to get to Matt’s and hide out in her room till they saw their father.

“So,” Brian began to drive down the highway that lead to Matt’s house. “Why the fuck did you guys choose such an early flight? I’m pretty sure Jimmy and I are still kinda drunk from last night. We got wasted like white girl wasted.” He groaned loudly. “You two are lucky I fucking love you…and you know…theirs Matt too-.”

Jimmy burst into laughter bouncing his legs in the front seat. “You offered to pick them up, you idiot. You may not remember but last night you were saying dumb shit. ‘I miss those girls, those girls are great, and yeah I’ll pick them up.’ Brian,” He said turning to face the girls, “Love you two.”

“Typical fucking Brian.” Lexi laughed. “You two need to pull yourselves together.”

“Lila,” Jimmy smacked her leg. “You’re too fucking quiet.” His tone was playful and kind. “Didn’t you miss us, we missed you!?”

She nods her head but keeps her eyes directed to the window. She didn’t say word. She knew if she did she would fully break down. She was still processing. She was the only family member that sat in denial about her father’s illness and now…well now she didn’t know what to say or do.

She felt like she wasted so much energy on being angry for small petty things and she regretted every second that she missed with her father. Would this be the last time she would see him alive? She knew the cancer was terminal but a piece of her hoped that he would pull out of it and they could start over.

While reflecting, Lila couldn’t help but think about all of the times they had fought and all the bad things she said. She knew that it didn’t matter now but, she couldn’t stop beating herself up about it.
“Li,” Lex snapped her out of her thoughts. “It’s going to be ok.” She quietly reminded.

“I know.” She tiredly spoke. “I’m really tired. I haven’t slept in twenty four hours. I feel exhausted and tired.”

Brian pulled into Matt’s drive way. He took off his sunglasses and unbuckled his seatbelt. “We’ll grab your stuff. Go a head.”

Lila and Lexi stared up at the house before them. They slowly walked to the front door and before they could knock, Val swung the door open and automatically wrapped the girls in a loving hug. “It’s so good to see you.”

Lexi smiled widely. “It’s good to be home.” She followed Val inside. She stopped when she saw her sister still standing outside. “You coming?”

Lila nodded her head. “Yeah. I’ll be in, in a minute.” She turned around basically running into Brian.

“Where you going?” He wrapped an arm around her shoulder. “Come on kiddo. Let’s get you guys settled in.”
Her eyes watered as she pushed Brian away and headed down the driveway. She was feeling too many things at once and it was hitting her harder than expected.

Brian raised his brows at Jimmy. “Did I say something?” He asked Jimmy.

Jimmy shrugged her shoulders. “You know Lila…Go ahead. I’ll talk to her.” Without another word being said Jimmy walked down the drive way to go after Lila.
♠ ♠ ♠
Do You guys want to see what Lila and Jimmy are talking about or would you rather see whats going on with Brian, Lex and Val?
What are your thoughts so far? I love feedback.