Status: In Progress

Of Whispers and Dragons

Fire and Blood

"How could I not have known?" Tyrion asked, not awaiting a reply from the people that surrounded him. "The hair, those eyes. I am such a fool."

Raenerha watched him with a small smile, the man's antics stirring a bit of joy within in her - everything about the place, even the sticky, humid weather, had made her happy. She was with Daenerys again. What else could she possible ask for?

"Well, I had coaled my hair, Lord Tyrion." Raenerha tried to ease his obvious tensions. "You weren't the only one I fooled."

Tyrion, however, paid her statement no mind - his mind was the only thing he had that separated him from the rest - how had he let it past him? Daenerys said nothing to Tyrion as he ambled around them, his hands still clasped behind him. Instead she turned to her sister, her eyes watching her intently.

"How have you come to me after all these years apart, Raenerha?" The Dragon Queen asked quietly. "How were you not hunted to the ends of the earth like Viserys and myself?"

Raenerha turned her head from the pacing half-man to her sister. "It has not been an easy path for me to walk alone, Sister, of that I will not lie. But I have not seen such things as you."

"Come now," Daenerys encouraged with a stern look. Raenerha remembered that look from their brother as well, although his was much more pronounced, however. Daenerys made no threats of dragons awakening or anything of the such, she was genuinely curious. "I know you were sold in to servitude by our brother, but nothing more. Tell me of your travels, dear sister. I wish to know. Truly."

"Very well," Raenerha sighed. "Viserys sold me to House Antaryon in Braavos. I stayed put there for a few years. I was happy there. I helped with their children - readied them for events, helped them study. Then, one day they tired of my services and I was sold to the Lannisters of King's Landing, as your Hand here very well knows."

"And they never caught you?" Daenerys questioned. "Not one got suspicious of you at all?"

Raenerha shrugged her shoulders, her silver hair falling from it at once. "They never asked, for all they knew I was simply a very skilled, sought after nanny. I, again, was in charge of the Princes and Princesses of King's Landing, two of which are so lovely. The other one, the eldest boy, was not."

"Yes, the only good things that have ever come from my sister," Tyrion added. "And I think you should know of their fates."

Raenerha's hand went to her chest - she prayed to any God that would listen that they were safe. "What of them?"

"Before I departed I had arranged for Myrcella to go to Dorne to marry one of the noble boys from House Martell. Oberyn's paramour decided to get her revenge of Cersei, however, and poisoned Myrcella just before her journey home."

Raenerha frowned deeply, an ache deep in her chest. "Poor, sweet Myrcella."

"And King Tommen is on the Iron Throne since Joffery's death." Tyrion added quickly. "I know you were close to my niece, my lady. I am sorry."

"Yes, it is very sad." Daenerys looked at Tyrion, her dark brow raised high on her forehead. It wasn't that she felt pity for the young girl, she was sure she was innocent in the game of lies, but they were her enemies - it was one less person she'd have to worry about later in her reign as Queen. "Now that the Lannister news has been relayed to you, sister..."

In that moment, with the look of sadness on both their faces, one for the loss of such a sweet life, the other for the pain of her sister, they looked so very similar.

Tyrion began to pace again, trying to make peace with his ignorance. "Well, I did spend more time in the brothels there than I did in the castle. I kept my eyes on only who I needed to see. I was not to be bothered with a handmaiden." Tyrion was still in shock, he kept looking from one sister to the other, cursing under his breath. "I am sorry, my lady, if I caused any offence."

"No, my lord, none." Raenerha waved his apology to the wind. "You know, you were always my favorite of the Lannisters."

Tyrion's chin raised slightly at her admission. "You jest."

"I do not," Raenerha retaliated quietly. "You were the only one I think I'd ever seen crack a smile - well, unless we're including your horrible sister's sinister grins whenever she got her way or when someone she hated died."

"Ah, yes, those I remember quite clearly," Tyrion agreed with a grimace. "Tell me, did my dear siblings ever realize who you truly are?"

Raenerha took a sip of the wine in her goblet before she answered. "I believe they had been made aware of my presence. Had it not been for Lord Varys I would not be here. He arraigned my travels perfectly."

"Yes, it seems he is shockingly skilled at hiding such high profile outcasts." Tyrion added.

Raenerha looked back to Daenerys . "After I left the King's Landing I was told to go North."

"North?" Daenerys repeated curiously. "Why North?"

Raenerha took another sip of her wine. "We have an uncle at the Wall, Daenerys. Aemon, he's the Maester. Varys urged me to make contact with him, that he would keep me safe until you and I would meet again. And he was right. There I met a Wildling, Gilly, and we became fast friends. I also met Jon Snow and Samwell Tarly - they helped me, kept me safe. Jon Snow even escorted me to the boat that brought me here."

"It seems you've traveled nearly as much as I," Daenerys smiled. "I am glad you've made friends over the years, dear sister, we will need to call on them soon."

Raenerha watched as Daenerys stood slowly, looking around at her advisers, her friends and, now, the last of her family. "However you've gotten here, Sister, I am ever grateful. I will repay those who've helped you on your way to me. Lord Varys will be first."

Raenerha nodded slowly. "I think, my Queen, that is a very kind and wise decision."

"I am proud of you, Raenerha, never forget that. All that you and I have overcome just strengthens our hold on the Iron Throne. We will have it back, that I promise you." Daenerys gave her a small smile. "Now, sister, it is time to retake our home. We will sail for Dragonstone within the fortnight. We will take back our home. We will take back our kingdom with Fire and Blood."
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, guys, I'm so, so sorry it's taken so long to get this out, loves!

I hope you enjoy this chapter! I know it's more of a filler chapter, but it was really such fun to write!

Let me know what you think! x