Status: Ongoing

Our Past Only Makes Us Stronger

Going Back

I do not own Naruto all rights are reserved to Masashi Kishimoto respectfully.

Sighing I looked at everyone that was left gathered around me and Gaara. His siblings Temari and Kankuro to his left and to my right was Shikamaru, Sasuke, Sakura, Ino, Choji, Neji, Lee, Tenten, Hinata, Kiba, Shino, and Sai our replacement for team 7 before the teme came back. "Hokage-sama you requested a meeting" Sakura said breaking me out of my thoughts. "Yes and it is extremely important that all of you listen" I replied as i placed a silence barrier seal and invasion prevention seal down in the middle of the room. Looking at them all it was obvious that this war had done more harm than good to anyone, we had lost anyone that wasn't in this room right now. "I am going back to the past with the sage of six paths powers and the combination of the tailed ones I can take everyone in here with me. When we go back Kurama and the others have said that our powers, skills and souls with memories and everything else we have will go into our younger selves from whatever time we go back to. However we have a specific time that we can't go any further back from sorry teme."

Everyone looked as if they were holding their breath. "Look I'm not saying by any means that we can fix everything but I will be damned if I don't prevent from losing everyone. I can not keep being Hokage if there is no Konoha or any other villages. You don't have to come and I will not order you to do so as Hokage" I said as Shikamaru took my hand in his lightly squeezing it. "I'm coming with you" Shika said before anyone else could say anything. "What age will we be going back to exactly Hokage-sama" Ino asked bowing her head in respect. "Stop with the formalities I can't take them very well. We can go back as far as 10 years old for most of us the others it would be however old you were when we were 10, but we need to stick to the timeline as close as possible for team placements and certain events to take place such as Orochimaru and the Chuunin exams for one. Also the tailed ones will go back to their original host and will take back their souls from our timeline as well. Which Gaara should you choose to come brother Shukaku said that he won't play the mother role this time and actually try to get along with you."

Shocked he nodded his head "As Kazekage I am going back I have to stop my younger self from killing to many people that are not in need of being killed." "Were all going dobe" Sasuke said smirking at me. Smiling at everyone I pulled a stack of seals out of my Hokage cloak, "There are two seals one to help balance out your chakra until you get your body built back up to tip top shape and the other will be used as communication seals that will let us all communicate with one another when it is needed. I have already placed one on the seven others within my mindscape so they will pass it onto their host when they arrive. Tenten when you get back we will get together I am going to need the flying thunder god kunai made for me to use and send to the other Jinchuriki as well as our sand siblings." "Hai Hokage-sama" Tenten said nodding her head in acceptance.

Flashing around the room I placed the seals on everyone and made sure they were microscopic small so that no one would be able to detect them. "Hokage-sama what is going to happen to me. I was in the root division for 8 more years before I meet you guys" Sai asked fidgeting with his hands. "Don't you worry about that Sai lay low and try to avoid speaking to Danzo as much as possible if I am correct I will be able to save your brother and everyone else that is in the root division as well as your friend Shino. As Hokage I will not let the traitor continue on in his ways and he will be stopped at once when we return" I replied smiling at him. "How do you plan to do that and if I show my father what I am capable of they may put that cursed damn seal on Hanabi" Hinata asked shaking slightly. "The hell they will, Hinata you are like a sister to me as was Hanabi and her infinite crush Konohamaru but if your father so much as attempted to have that seal placed on her you will be made head of the family sooner than later" I said looking her in the eyes.

Neji snicked from beside Hinata "Hokage-sama don't go killing people unnecessarily we could always figure something out" Shika said as a voice of reason. "Kit we are ready. All of them need to hold onto one another and Gaara and Shikamaru need to hold onto you while you do the hand seals kit. Let's go set the world straight" Kurama said inside my head getting my attention. Rolling my eyes I looked around at everyone for the last time "Guys Kurama said for all of you to grab ahold of one another Shika you and Gaara grab ahold of me I have to mimic him and make the seals. This is not the last time we will see each other, we will do better than we have and change this world there will be no war and I swear to kami teme if you even try to put a chidori through my chest this time I will torture you for the rest of your life" I said smiling at him brightly. Flashing through the handsigns everyone grabbed ahold of each other as Shika and Gaara grabbed ahold of me. "I will not do that this time dobe your my sister and Hokage I am loyal to you" Sasuke said smirking as I finished the hand seals.

Everything hurt my whole body hurt and ached "Kit it worked were all back but I am exhausted and I am taking a nap. Try not to get into any serious fights while I am out would you" Kurama asked yawning before falling silent. Opening my eyes I was blinding by a white light "Ahh you are awake Naruto what happened my child" the third Hokage asked from beside me. Looking at him I bit my lip as tears threatened to spill from my eyes. It had been 10 years since I had seen the man and even so it hurt. "Child it is fine" he said looking at me. "Jiji oh my kami" I mumbled quietly as I threw myself at him hugging him tightly around the middle section. Chuckling he shook his head as a look of regret passed through his eyes before affection took hold. "It's not your fault Jiji, the villagers are still hurt and they will continue to be so. One day they will be able to tell the difference between a kunai and a scroll after all I am going to be Hokage one day" I said smiling up at him.

Smiling back Jiji let me go and placed me back in the bed, "Now young lady I have had an interesting day since I was informed you got here last night. Shikamaru Nara has been here several times and insist on seeing you, he said something about troublesome blonde doesnt know when to stay out of troubles grasp." Groaning I threw myself back into the pillow "I don't go looking for trouble it has it's way of finding me all on its own" I replied looking out the window. Chuckling again I could feel him smiling at me. "Well then Naru when did you learn to talk so well and not blow up at every little thing" he asked smiling as he took a seat next to me. "The Nara who else would have the patience to deal with me besides you" I asked innocently but I could feel my cheeks heat up. A full blown laugh escaped Jiji this time 'Hokage-sama did everyone make it okay' Shikamaru asked mentally. 'I made it just fine but you just had to keep trying to get into the hospital to see me didn't you. How in the world did you even know I was in the hospital?'

The Sandaime stood up and pulled me into one more hug even if it was reluctant to let me go. "I will be back my child we have other matters to discuss Naru, you are still a child and this village will see it" he said smiling at me. "It's fine Jiji really. I look forward to seeing you soon and I promise not to cause too much trouble for now" I said smiling a mischievous glint in my eyes. As soon as the third was out of the hospital room I got comfortable closing my eyes as a chorus of 'You're in the hospital' 'What the hell for' 'Hokage-sama what happened' rang through my head almost giving me a headache. 'Guys calm down seriously take a chill pill. Yesterday was October the 10th the annual fox hunt happened last night and of course I also came back almost in a chakra exhausted state' I replied mentally shrugging my shoulders. 'I'm coming to the hospital right now troublesome blonde' Shika said voicing everyone's opinion. Barely containing an eye roll I let myself fall asleep.

"Shikamaru Nara let the poor girl sleep, she looks exhausted. What happened to her" a older woman asked waking me immediately. "Shika what are you doing here. I told you that I would be fine and get out soon" I replied not wanting to open my eyes. "Troublesome blonde I really don't care what you said. You say things all the time and stuff still happens to you" he replied in a younger voice than I remember. Sighing I opened my eyes and saw Shikamaru leaning over the bed close to as my cheeks heated up and I felt my face flush "Uhh Shika" I whispered. "Yeah oh sorry" he said smirking at me his hair in its signature pineapple shape. "Oh dear I am so sorry if we woke you" a younger version of Shikamaru's mother said standing in the room. "It's no problem Nara-san he just startled me" I said smiling at her as I sat up in bed. "Call me Yoshino dear. Now what could have possibly happened to an academy student that ended up with you in the hospital" she asked eyeing my state. "Uhh" I said fiddling with my hands not sure at all of what to say.

"Troublesome yesterday was the fox hunt kaasan" Shika said sighing as he laid his head on the edge of my bed. "Oh sweet kami her parents are rolling over in their graves right now. Her mother would have gone crazy if she were here" Yoshino muttered to herself as she paced back and forth. Shikamaru smirked as if he had started something."Sweetheart when are you being released" Yoshino asked as she finally calmed herself down. "I'm not sure when actually Yoshino-san" I replied looking at her. "You are being released now actually and I see you have visitors" Jiji said as he came through the door quietly. "Jiji I can go? Really? Great there are things I need to do" I replied sitting up.

"Hokage-sama" Yoshino started in a surprised voice before turning angered "How long has this gone on? Where in the hell is he at when she needs him most. What about Hatake does he even now how she has been treated? What is more important is why in the hell didn't the clan heads know that she was being treated this way. Oh god i could see the red hot habanero going off on everyone..." Chuckling the Hokage straightened up "Well as it would unfortunately seem it has been happening since she was put in the orphanage which she left when she was 6 and got her own apartment. I didn't know it was this bad actually. As for those two one is in ANBU and the other I do believe he thinks she is being taken care of by another while the slug princess believes he is taking care of her. As for the clan heads not knowing well as I stated I did not know it was this bad. She is not admitted to the hospital very much and normally it is for something like chakra exhaustion not a near death experience" he said sadly.

"I um didn't want to cause problems Jiji normally I just go home and everything heals as if it never happened by morning" I mumbled looking out the window. Shikamaru squeezed my hand in his letting me know he was there. "Naru you should have told me I failed you" Jiji said. "Jiji! You did no such thing. You had no idea that the villagers couldn't figure out that I am a child and not anything else. They need a person to vent it out on and I just happen to be there. It'll be fine one day I will be the Hokage and protect them all of them" I said smiling at memories. "You would make a fine Hokage someday Naruto. I look forward to seeing the day" Jiji said warmly. "Hokage-sama I would like to request to take Naruto into the protection of the Nara clan. She will get proper food and sleep and will not be harmed so that you won't have to worry so much for the villagers or anybody else attacking her. You could keep the apartment going if you want so she will get the money but based on her size I am guessing her landlord overcharges her rent as do the shopkeepers" Yoshino said barely containing her anger. "I actually think that is a wonderful idea Yoshino-san. I trust Naruto into you care and as for her apartment well i think we're going to let it go and her get her money directly instead so that she can get everything she needs. Also Naruto you will still get mission pay for every prank you pull off and don't get caught unless it's by Iruka since you let him catch you" Jiji said smiling at me.