Status: Ongoing

Our Past Only Makes Us Stronger

Talking It Out With Hokage-Jiji

I distinctly heard the group behind us yelling about not leaving their sight. Tsuyoshi took us into the sacred forest "Shikamaru I'm an outsider to your clan why am I being brought into the forest" I asked as he wrapped his arms around me. "You must be well liked by more than the human part of my family." I swore in my head the damn man has a smirk on his face I just know it. Tsuyoshi came to a stop deep in the forest at the clearing that Shikamaru brought me to before the 4th war started and after I had defeated Pein. Shocked I looked at Shika "Did you plan this" I asked biting my lower lip. "Naru I haven't been here since we came here last" he said helping me down to the forest floor on my feet.

Nodding I looked around and as if Tsuyoshi gave a silent command the Nara clan of deer began pour into the clearing when Tsuyoshi's mate Hikari came up beside him. Between the two was a small barely 6 months old buck, the next head deer. "Shikamaru you know what happens if I name him" I said sitting down in front of them as the baby laid in my lap. "Naruto it's only ever been you. It will always be just you and this time I'll do it right. I'm sorry for what I said earlier today" Shikamaru said sitting behind me one leg against his chest holding me from behind. "You shouldn't feel pressured" I stated not looking at him. Pulling my face to him he kissed my forehead lightly "Naru you are so oblivious it's cute. I only said what I said earlier today because I figured you wouldn't want me. You're the freaking Hokage woman you have plenty of people to get a better suitor" he said looking away.

Laughing Shika stared at me as if I was crazy, "I may be oblivious but you are just as bad. What's the point in a suitor if it isn't out of love. The relationship with anyone else would never work then dattebayo" I said as I calmed down while looking into Shika's brown eyes. Shikamaru leaned in closing the space between us before his lips covered mine. Closing my eyes i kissed back turning to a more comfortable position. His tongue lightly licked my bottom lip making me gasp in shock. Taking advantage Shika's tongue entered my mouth dominating my own. Fighting his tongue back with mine I savored the flavor of honey and bbq.

Breaking apart we were gasping for air, my arms around his neck with his arms around my stomach and back. Tsuyoshi and Hikari gently pushed their young buck toward us bowing their heads. Bowing my head back I took the young deer in my lap petting his head. "Only if you're ready for this Naru. You will be my future wife when were of age again and the next clan matriarch if you chose so" Shika said laying his head in the crook of my neck. "Takeshi may you never have to live up to your name but you will be a mighty warrior if you should have to" I said my Hokage voice seeping into my regular voice.

Tsuyoshi came over as Shikamaru smiled he placed his nose at the skin above my heart placing the mark of the Nara clan family. "Welcome my child. We are glad you two came back" Hikari said nuzzling the side of my face. "It's an honor" I replied nuzzling them back. "Come they are trying to find you two" Tsuyoshi said. Standing up Shikamaru grabbed my right hand as Takeshi stood on the left my hand gently resting on his back. Leaving the forest was not as difficult as I had remembered from years ago but I was no stranger now.

Tsuyoshi and Hikari lead us straight into Shikamaru's back yard where everybody was staring. Shikaku stepped forward and Tsuyoshi nodded at him, nuzzling me and Shika the three deer left us. "Is it true" Shikaku asked staring at the two of us and our entwined fingers. Nodding Yoshino squealed "So cute" before scooping me up in a hug. We followed them into the house not letting go of each other's hand. We all piled into the dining room where Yoshino had dinner ready and sat out to accommodate everyone. Taking a deep breath Yoshino cut me off "You and everyone can explain after dinner musume." Blushing I looked down at my plate between Shikamaru and Sasuke who seemed to be glaring at each other.

'So what the hell happened and why is your aura reacting to Shikamaru's' Sai asked in our minds. 'Shikamaru did it finally happen' Choji asked. 'Wait I wasn't aloud ever to go into the woods and the head deer steals Naru running away with her into the woods' Ino asked sounding upset. The others were oddly quiet except for Sasuke 'What the hell did he do to you dobe.' Growling quietly I balled up my left hand into a fist 'I swear to Kami teme you're like an overprotective brother. Now if you all would chill I will explain, we didn't do anything like Kakashi reads if that's what your thinking for one. Our auras as you put it Sai are connected to one another now, Tsuyoshi the leader of the deer had me name his heir. By naming his heir I am to become the next matriarch of the Nara clan. Essentially I and Shika are engaged. Ino don't be so put out the deer are extremely picky on who they let it' I replied blinking and looking around. 'But dobe you are my unofficial sister. Your well being is important to me' Sasuke replied. 'Knock it off teme I chose this and I would choose this same path if asked again. I am marked by the deer themselves if they didn't think it was meant to be forever we wouldn't have been in the woods for so long. I am Hokage and that means I am old enough to choose who I love and want to be with. You will stop' I replied in my Hokage voice getting smug looks from the others towards Sasuke.

"Naruto dear are you feeling okay" Yoshino asked snapping me out of my mental conversation. "Yes ma'am I was just thinking on the changes so far today is all" I replied getting snickers from the entire group except a pouty Sasuke and a smirking Shikamaru. Rolling my eyes I said "Itadakimasu" at the exact same time as Shikamaru before digging into homemade Ramen. Eating I didn't notice Shikamaru refilling my bowl until everyone else was done eating already. Finishing what was left in my bowl I blushed shyly looking at Shikamaru. Mentally cursing him I heard several snickers from around the table. "Naruto who is the one person I don't know and how is it all of you are so close" Jiji asked as Shikamaru took my bowl before I could escape.

Rolling my eyes I sat up completely straight and blanked my face getting serious. "Have dog and Snake step out of the room because nothing will happen to you but Kaka-nii and Anko can be told after this if you deem it so" I replied as Shikamaru sat down. "Thank you Shika" I said as he sat back down holding my hand again. "Of course Naru-hime" he replied low so my face heated up like my mother's red hair. A few snickers were heard and awes from the girls. Signalling the two ANBU to leave they did so and I placed my left hand on the table creating a seal barrier and a silencing barrier. "Where my child did you learn to do that" Jiji asked mildly alarmed staring at me in open shock. "I guess you could say it's in my blood to be honest. The Uzumaki's were feared for their sealing techniques and longevity plus massive chakra reserves but on top of that my father was a seals master. He was a pure genius when it came to seals because the 8 trigrams seal on my stomach is a masterpiece even if it was made with help of the shinigami. However this isn't answering any of your questions well to put it simply were from the future 12 years in the future to be exact" I said looking Jiji in the eye.

"Oh thank goodness. Wait what was so bad you guys came back" Shikaku asked leaning forward. "Shika what did you do that had your dad already suspicious" I asked sighing. "It's what several of you did actually. Your eyes for one and your posture also your close bond with each other that wasn't there yesterday. Not to mention we played two games of shogi he half played one and the other he won once he was called out. Then he dragged his mother to the hospital and Sasuke snapped at the villagers when everybody but you looked ready snap Naru. Not to mention you knew Tsuyoshi's name before it was ever said. You also carry yourself with an authority aura that puts all of these guys in check" Shikaku said looking at me. I flushed closing my eyes "And you bakas wonder why I told you to stick to the damn timeline in the first place" I snapped sighing. "Jiji before you ask it was horrible the 13 of us plus 3 allies from Suns were the only ones left alive. We had just got done fighting the 4th great ninja war" I said opening my eyes.

Whistling Yoshino hugged Shikaku "No wonder the children act as if we're all gonna disappear in a moment's notice" she said into his neck. "Yes kaachan that is exactly why" Shikamaru said speaking up. "Naruto why do you hold such authority and then tell me everything" Jiji said staring at me. "Well I am Namikaze-Uzumaki Naruto Rokudaime Hokage, I was the apprentice of my godfather Jiraiya the ero sannin and next gama sannin. Shikamaru Naru my head strategist, genius, more than not level headed to my quick temper, but he is very protective and most trusted advisor he is my right hand man. Sasuke Uchiha last remaining Uchiha, Head of ANBU and my number one guard, he trained under Orochimaru pedo-snake and the next hebi sannin, my god brother, he's my left hand" I said taking a breath as Shikamaru squeezed my hand.

"And the only one who can fight you on equal grounds" Neji snorted. Glaring at him I rolled my eyes "Sakura Haruno head of the hospital, Granny Tsunade's apprentice, she inherited more than her vast knowledge of medical ninjutsu, she keeps me and the teme from killing each other, she is the next slug sannin. Sai at this point in time nobody should recognize him, he is a reformed ANBU Root soldier. I got to him in the future when he was placed as our replacement on the next team 7 under Kakashi, since Sai remembers our future when he came back I might have ended up messing with the curse mark that was placed on ever Root officials tongue to keep them from talking." "Okay you said replacement which one of you was replaced at this point in time and why" Jiji asked. "Sasuke was and he had a curse mark from the pedo snake that made him want to kill Itachi more than ever. He eventually came back and help us win the war, he's not going anywhere this time around" I said being serious. "Okay so what is Root still doing operational" Shikaku asked looking at Sai.

I spent the next three hours answering questions explaining everyone's position and discussing how we were going to get things in motion. The group chimed in every now and then but we had come to some agreements. "Jiji I know that Danzo and the two on the counsel are friends of yours but I am saying from experience nothing good comes from them three. And I will not let him take over. Oh and there's one more thing I can talk to the 8 other bijū and their respective jinchūriki if I want to" I said while looking at everyone. "Well Rokudaime what do you suppose we do without making a huge mess" Jiji asked smoking on his pipe while thanking Yoshino and the other girls for getting saki out.

"Sai" I asked looking his way "Hai Hokage-sama" he said automatically. Hitting my forehead with my left palm I groaned as Hokage Jiji laughed at me while taking taking a drink. "My child you brought back your trusted friends and who was left yet you expected them to automatically quit addressing you in such a manner. You should know that it isn't going to be that easy." "I knew it wasn't but I could hope that they would quit. You are the Hokage here not me, yes I will be someday but for crying out loud I'm 10 years old for crying out loud. Sai how long do you think that we will have before he makes his move and what do you think will he will do" I asked.

"I am not sure how much time Hokage-sama but I am pretty sure you have until at least graduation. I will let you know of course if anything changes. Oh and please place a seal that looks like his curse mark back where it goes Hokage-sama." Nodding I molded my chakra with ink from Gyoki making a seal identical to Danzo's but making sure that it would only allow him talk about Danzo and Root to us. Placing it on Sai's tongue I cringed inwardly. "Thank you Hokage-sama. I must go or he will notice. Sakura if you would make sure no ink gets left behind please" he stated as he nodded before dispersing. "Okay training regimen for us to get to is important I'm not messing around about this. We have two years before everything starts. Lee go ahead and start on your training that Gai gives you. Everybody else starting tomorrow you will be working on getting your current body into shape and maintaining it. Try to learn something new if you can it would be helpful for yourself but most importantly don't over do it. Sakura start gathering behind your forehead again it shouldn't take as long as before but that seal is apart of you, I'll bring Tsunade back I promise. Hinata work on your type of gentle fist but don't slack in your healing. We're going to also make sure everyone has elemental jutsu's under their belt. Ino when you want to practice interrogation come see me do not focus on any of your other comrades. If I can sneak into ANBU headquarters and screw up their stuff I can sneak you into T&I. Also first things first everyone here start with leaf sticking then tree walking then water walking practice control. The better your chakra control the better off you will be" I said with everyone staring at me.

"You were doing it again Hime" Shikamaru said squeezing my hand lightly. "Doing what" I asked looking around everyone; "You were doing the whole this is important you should listen to me with your Hokage voice" Neji said smirking. "Well if that is everything tonight you are all dismissed. Naruto you will come and see me every so often and we will get things worked out so that nothing changes dramatically" Jiji said looking at me. "That is all for tonight Sandaime Hokage Jiji. Anything more and it might shock you guys" I said seriously. "Goodnight children, Yoshino-san, Shikaku-san" Jiji said before he turned and left the house. Shikaku laughed as the rest of our group stayed seated at the table. "Guys we'll meet up tomorrow. Tenten I need a steady flow of kunai for the Flying Thunder God technique started tomorrow. I want them made with conductive metal. Sakura no inhuman strength display at the academy I'm serious team Gai you will graduate next year and we will a year after you guys. I'm serious don't bring attention to yourselves. Sakura make shit up to tell your parents about the academy. We will be refining the academy after our first c rank mission" I said giving Sakura and Sasuke a knowing look.

"We will discuss that mission later on. Right now you are all dismissed this has been a long day. Go home shunshin as close to home as possible I do not want any of you to get caught but I do not want you to be out walking either. At this moment protocols be damned you stay safe, none of us are physically capable of most of our techniques. I request check ins as you get there do not be spacing out like I did at dinner to talk though. None of you need to go see Ibiki and have Inoichi called in on us. However Hinata two days before graduation we will be claiming your right to the head of your clan if it has not been stated other wise. Neji convince Hiashi to have someone else fight Hinata instead of Hanabi if at all possible. Hinata after you get your chakra control under control fight anyone else but Hanabi and win I am not playing with you" I said dismissing everyone. "Hai Hokage-sama" they said disappearing simultaneously.

Yawning I stretched and laid my head on Shikamaru's shoulder. "It doesn't matter when you come from. All that matters is you two are here now and everyone's safe" Yoshino said hugging the two of us from behind. "Come on Hime it's bedtime" Shika said in my ear as I fell asleep against him.

Hikari means light

Takeshi means warrior

Musume means daughter