Blood of Thorns

ImageImageImageImageImage

The title of Maleficent is a heavy burden to bare - a curse even. As the current Maleficent comes to the Retiring Age, the time when she must pass on her title to a successor, she feels the need to protect her granddaughter Marion from the curse. In order to do so, a blood contract is made with the Briar Rose bloodline. However, just before the pact can be made, an assassination attempt is made on Maleficent's life, leaving her poisoned and slowly dying.

Marion, in hopes of saving her grandmother's life, starts her journey with her cousin, Merlin, to track down the assassin. The only clues she has is a fox emblem inscribed on the poisoned arrow, which is the crest of the Huntsman bloodline, the clan said to be lead by a youth they called Robin Hood.

---

Original Core Idea for this story belongs to Hina, but the entire story is fleshed out and written out by both Hina and Aubs. Inspiration comes from the original fairy tales by the Brothers Grimm, Hans Christensen, and other writers, and inspiration for the Arthurian legend aspects in this story comes from the Arthurian Legends from the UK.
  1. Prologue
  2. Chapter 1: Ill Feelings
    Merlin and Marion have some misgivings about their Queen.
  3. Chapter 2: Past Thoughts