Vengeance to Gain

A Brother's Grief

"Ryan... are you ready to do this?" The pathologist asked as she waited for the young teen's answer. A week ago, his older sister disappeared after a night out. Ryan nodded as the police officer with him gently gripped his shoulder. She sighed and pulled back the sheet over the corpse on the table. Ryan looked away.

"That's Lizzy," He replied, tears stinging his eyes. His sister, the only person he had left in the world, was dead. The pathologist sighed and recovered the remains of his sister.

"I'm sorry," She mumbled. Ryan nodded numbly.

"C-Can I go please?"

"Of course," The officer replied, leading him out of the morgue. Ryan held back his tears as he walked with him. "Ryan, I promise we'll get the monster who did this,"

"T-thank you," He sniffed, wiping his eyes. The officer nodded.

"Do you have anyone to stay with?"

"Mick... he's our next door neighbour..." He replied, nodding to the man who was seated. The officer nodded and walked over with him as Mick looked up. His face instantly became one of sympathy as he saw the tears in Ryan's eyes.

"I'm sorry," He whispered to him.

Two Months Later

"No! You said you'd get that bastard!" Ryan yelled as tears rolled down his eyes. "He killed my sister! He killed Lizzy!"

"I'm sorry, Ryan but all we can do is try and recover the evidence that was lost," The detective sighed. They had caught the murderer. It was Corey Campbell, Heir to the Campbell fortune. His mother, Louise Campbell, had founded a chain of hotels and was one of the most powerful women in the world. Mysteriously, the evidence that proved that her son had murdered Lizzy had damaged in an unexpected fire at the evidence lock up. Not completely destroyed but enough to have it thrown out of court. "Look we'll get him and his mother. If we can prove she was behind the fire, they'll both be going down,"

Ryan nodded but his heart was burning with a rage he never known.

"I'm g-going home..." He sighed, turning on his heel and walking out of the courthouse. He began to walk back to Mick's flat but a black limo pulled up and the door opened.

"Ryan Smith?" A posh woman's voice asked. He looked at it in surprise then went to leave but two bulky bouncers blocked his path. He frowned but got in the car. One of them closed the door then the car started. He looked directly at the woman in the back with him. She was at least 40 years old but had dyed blonde hair that was pulled back in a bun, cheap red lipstick and an expensive black suit with a white shirt. Her heels were red and so were her talons. She slipped from a glass of red wine. Louise Campbell. In the flesh. "I am so sorry to hear about the terrible loss of your sister,"

"Your son killed her,"

"Well, that's what I want to talk to you about, Ryan. I want you to drop the case. I will make sure you're well compensated for your loss but I can't afford to let the media have this one. They will brand my son a murderer,"

"He is a murderer,"

"Yes but the media will turn it into a manhunt,"

"You admit that he killed my sister?!"

"Well, why else would I get rid of the evidence? Of course, that detective of yours will hunt down every last bit he can but this could be settled here and now. I'll make sure you get a nice, big, fat check and in return, you tell your detective that your sister committed suicide and provide this note as evidence. Don't worry about the jury and the court. I'll sort them out,"

"You want me to claim my sister took her own life?"

"Everyone wins that way,"

"My sister doesn't. She's dead and now you want to discredit her life!" Ryan gasped, shocked. "Your son is a murderer. Don't you think he should be punished for his crimes?!"

"Of course but this murder stuff is bad for business... so do we have a deal?" She smiled falsely.

"No!" Ryan gasped. She frowned.

"Ryan, I suggest you say yes. I can quickly easily kill you right now," She replied, taking out a small gun that she had stashed away. Ryan gulped.

"A-Alright!" He gasped. "Let me out and I'll go straight to the detective and tell him what you want,"

"Wise choice," The car suddenly stopped and she shoved a letter into his hand. "I'll sent the check as soon as I heard that the case has been dropped by my lawyers. Oh and don't change your mind, Ryan, or you'll be seeing Lizzy quicker then you imagine. Now, get out of my car,"

Ryan quickly got out and let out a breathe as soon as it drove off. He shakily looked at the letter in his hand. If he gets killed then Lizzy won't get justice but if he agrees to this, then her killer walks free. Either way, her death would be in vein. Ryan just sank onto the floor unsure what to do.

"Have you heard about the Wicked End?!" A school girl gasped to her friend as they came out of a shop near by.

"No. What is it?"

"It's an occult shop by Club Project on Hollywood Boulevard but it's said to only appear after midnight and can only be seen and entered by those who want revenge!!"

"Oooh sounds spooky!"

"Gets spookier. Apparently, the owners drag people to hell on their client's behalf! Body and soul!"

Ryan's eyes went wide as he listened. Dragged to Hell? Body and soul? That could solve his problem. He needed to check this place out.

Club Project, 11.55pm

Ryan sighed as he walked down by Club Project, looking around for where this shop would be. So far, he hadn't found sign of it. He frowned and kept looking round but still nothing. He sighed and turned down an alleyway next to Club Project. It was the quickest way to get home. He shoved his hands in his pockets and kept his head low as he walked by a few gang members who just merely glared at it. He kept walking and walking but frowned when he went past the same gang members. He frowned. That's the third time now. He felt freaked out so he took out his phone as the time changed to 00.00 then there was a bright neon glow ahead of him. He frowned even more and headed towards it, thinking it was a nightclub that just opened a bit later then the others. He quickly realised it wasn't a nightclub as he walked over to it.

The Wicked End

"I-it's r-real," He gasped, walking up to the door. The windows were boarded up and it looked abandoned. He frowned and decided to try the ancient looking door, which to his surprise opened. A bell echoed somewhere in the store. He looked behind him before walking inside. The shop was dimly light and there was creepy stuff all over the place. Like severed hands and spell books. He shivered as he walked over to the counter. "Hello?"

No one replied. He sighed and turned to walk away, only to jump as a young man was literally behind him.

"Fuck! Dude! You scared me," He gasped, resting his hand on his heart. The young man smiled slightly. The dimly lighting made it seem like his green eyes were glowing or maybe they were. Ryan wasn't sure. "Are you... the owner?"

"My name is Vengeance.... Are you looking for something in particular?" He asked, moving round to the counter.

"This is the Wicked End right?"

"Did you not read the sign?"

"Yeah... I just want to make sure I go the right place... the occult shop that only appears after midnight and only to those who want revenge right?"

"Did you hear that? He's not sure if he's in the right place?" Vengeance smiled, looking to the corner of the shop. A deep chuckle came from it.

"Funny because you're in the shop that only appears to those with revenge in mind.." A voice replied.

"How very amusing," Another voice echoed.

"And they say I'm the crazy one!" An extra voice cackled. Ryan visibly shivered and looked back Vengeance.

"You're in the right place, Ryan," He smiled, his eyes glowing. Ryan swallowed.

"How did you know my name?" He asked, getting an chorus of laughter. It made him feel nervous but then the owner simply smiled and took out a remote, turning on a television.

"We have cable," He stated. "Your sister's court case is high profile but looks like her killer isn't going down for his crime..."

"His mother's covering for him..." Ryan growled. "Is it true that you will take revenge on people's behalf?"

"Yes,"

"Is there a limited number?"

"We unusually just deal with one at a time but no, there isn't a limit,"

"Then I'd like to hire you to take both Corey and his mother to hell," Ryan growled, slamming the fake suicide letter down on the table.

"Tell us why?" Someone directly whispered in his ear. He jumped and turned round, seeing 5 other guys sat around a table that wasn't there before and one leaning on the counter. He swallowed.

"Corey... because he murdered my sister... but I want to banish his mother too because she wants to make out that my sister killed herself and said she'd kill me if I didn't change the detective's mind,"

"Interesting," The nearest one smirked, as Vengeance picked up the fake suicide note. Ryan watched him as he examized it. As he moved it, it suddenly burst into flames and from the ashes, Vengeance created two red envelopes.

"Give these to Corey and his mother and when they open them, we'll punish them and take them to hell," Vengeance stated as Ryan took the envelopes. He nodded and put them in his bag turn to leave but Vengeance's collages had surrounded him. He suddenly felt Vengeance place his arm round his shoulders. "But we require a price,"

"How much?" He asked but Vengeance shook his head.

"We do not seek material goods," The shortest one explained.

"If you chose to curse Cory and Louise then your soul will also be marked," Vengeance stated.

"I don't understand,"

"He who seeks Vengeance must dig two graves," The guy in the fedora hat stated.

"One for his enemies," The blonde man continued.

"And One for himself!" The tallest sang.

"Your soul will be marked for hell. You will never feel the light of heaven and will be damned to walk a path of sorrow and pain for all of eternity but only after you die that is," Vengeance concluded. Suddenly, Ryan was in a pit of boiling blood. He screamed for help but was simply pushed down by demons but it was over suddenly. He gasped in shock as the lights in the Wicked End slowly went out one by one, causing the shop assistants to disappear with each light til only vengeance was left. "Now you know the price, the choice is yours,"

The last light went out and Vengeance's eyes faded into the darkness as he disappeared, leaving Ryan alone.

A Day Later

"A letter for you, Corey," The officer grumbled, handing a red envelope to the spoilt rich kid. He got his own cell and he'd be out as soon as they can post bail for him. He snatched and ripped it open. He unfolded the note that simply read.

See you soon

Confused, he frowned but an odd gust of wind knocked the envelope out of his hand as the guard walked away. Sighing to himself, he torn up the weird note and laid down, closing his eyes. A guard whistled in the background, getting louder as he got closer.

"Open it up," The guard ordered. He was extremely tall with electric blue eyes. Corey sat up and frowned as a short officer unlocked his cell. He had never come across either of them.

"Who the fuck are you two? What the fu- urg!" He gasped as the tall one winded him with his baton. "T-That's f-fucking police brutality! I'll have your jobs for this!"

The two of them smirked.

"Oooo, are you afraid, JC?"

"I'm shaking in my boots, Jim," The shorter one replied before they both laughed and dragged Corey out of his cell.

"Our good friend, Shadows, wants a word with you," Jim grinned manically before shoving Corey into the gym and locking the door. "You two have fun now,"

"What?! Let me out! I'll have your jobs for this!" He screamed as someone cleared their throat. He turned round and gulped as he faced who he guessed was Shadows. He wasn't as tall as Jim but his muscle were huge and he had a shaved head. His arms were covered in tattoos.

"A little bird told me you liked to rape and murder young girls..."

"No! There's no evidence of that!" He screamed, trying to get the door opened but Jim and JC on the other side merely laughed and waved at him. Shadows grabbed him by the collar and smirked evilly.

"I've been after a new partner for my workout and I find filth like you works the best!" He replied before throwing him down and beat him repeated. Corey tried to fight back at first but Shadows was a strong bastard and he was sure he had several broken ribs and a raptured spleen when Shadows stopped to get water. "Admit that you killed Elizabeth Smith after you attempted to rape her and I might let you live..."

The pictures he took of her on her phone appeared on the wall as Shadows continues hit him.,

"She was drunk and you took advantage and then when she tried to fight back, you hit her over the head repeatedly and left her bled to death!" Shadows shouted.

"Fine! I did it! I killed her but she shouldn't have been such a tease! I'm the fucking Heir to the Campbell fortune so to hell with her and to hell with you!" Corey spat but Shadows smirked.

"Hell is exactly where you're going!" He stated as skeletal woman crawled up from the grounds and grabbed hold of Corey as flames engulfed them all.

Meanwhile

"Now, Ryan, you should handed that note to the detective already," Louise sighed as Ryan sat in front of her.

"I needed time to think about how I was going to convinced him," He replied. "While I was thinking, I realised how nice you were been so... here.."

He handed her the first red envelop. She rose an eyebrow.

"It's got the memory card from Lizzy's phone. I haven't copied it at all," He replied, looking at the time. She smiled. "I'm sorry. I have to go to school. I'll talk to the detective after my classes,"

"Good choice, Ryan," She replied, picking it up as he walked off. She went to put it in her bag but decided to open it. She took a memory card and smirked but a sudden gust of wind blew the envelop out of her hand. She tutted but pocketed the memory card as she got up. A young man suddenly knocked into her and muttered an apology but she shoved him away and began to walk off as he walked off. She went to paid for her drink but stopped as she tried to find her wallet. She growled as she realised he had stolen it. She turned round and saw him walking off. "Stop! Thief! Someone stop that thief!"

Not one person bothered to help.

"Why aren't you trying to stop him?!" She gasped as everyone just looked at her with blank faces. "Don't you know who I am?!"

"Wait... aren't you the mother of that murderer?!" A young man with green eyes stated.

"T-that girl killed herself!"

"Yeah right. Your son's a murderer. Isn't he getting the death penalty?" The green eyed man's friend asked. "You must be so proud to be the mother of a murderer! When's your court case?!"

"What?"

"For perverting the course of justice? Everyone knows you arranged that little fire,"

"I don't know what the hell is wrong with you two but me and my son are innocent and even if we're not, our money can get us out of anything so to hell with both of you,"

"Hell is exactly where you're going,"

"What's that suppose to mean?" She gasped as the whole cafe suddenly ganged up on her, screaming murderer and liar before everyone was engulfed in flames.

Time skip

Ryan sighed as he looked for the Wicked End again. He wanted to say thank to them but he just couldn't find it anymore. He had looked down the exact alleyway he had found it in but it was gone. Had they moved?

"You won't see it because you don't seek revenge anymore," The familiar voice of Vengeance suddenly said, causing Ryan to turn round. He was leaning against the lamp post just by Club Project.

"Well... I just wanted to say thank you... my sister finally has justice so-" Vengeance shook his head.

"What we do isn't justice. It is revenge," He replied, the lamp above him flickering. Ryan frowned. "Enjoy what time you have on this earth, Ryan,"

With that, the lamp blacked out completely and Vengeance vanished. Ryan sighed before turning to walk home. Time to start again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoy. It will be up on DA soon as well :D