Vengeance to Gain

Just Before You Go

Vengeance sighed as he looked outside of the windows in the Wicked End. He was stood with his hands behind his back, watching the humans outside running round trying to get out of the rain that was pouring down. His blazing green eyes flickered from mortal to mortal as they walked under umbrellas or covered their heads with their jackets.

"Do you know what the date is?" Synyster's voice suddenly interrupted him from his thoughts.

"The 12th of December," He replied, not tearing his eyes away from the street. "Why?"

"That means yesterday was the 11th," Syn points out. "Your birthday,"

"Birthdays are pointless when I can't even remember my own age," He replied but looked at the small cupcake with a single candle in it that was sat in Synyster's hand.

"Happy late birthday, Vengeance," He smiled softly as a flame suddenly burst in flames. Vengeance looked at me and a small smile came on his lips. "Rev wanted to make a big cake but I know you won't like that,"

"Thank you," Vengeance smiled, taking the cupcake and blowing out the candle before taking a small bite out of it. "Ah, Jack Daniels flavoured. Syn, you know me too well,"

Synyster simply smiled and looked out the shop as Vengeance happily ate the cupcake. Vengeance looked at him and noticed a sadness in his eyes. Two armchairs manifested before he sat down with Synyster taking the seat.

"You ok, Syn?"

"It's complicated,"

"When isn't it with us supernaturals," Vengeance chuckled, causing Syn to smile. "It's this case isn't it?"

"Reminds me of my mortal life," He replied. Vengeance simply rose his eyebrow. Synyster rarely talked off his mortal life, similar to himself.

"She wants revenge for her tormentors condemning her as a witch and making her life misery correct?"

"Yes," Synyster replied but he seemed distant.

"Talk to me," Vengeance said softly. Synyster looked at him.

"I lived through the Salem Witch Trials. Well, I say lived," He laughed bitterly. Vengeance just listened. "As you know, I was wrongly murdered,"

"Weren't we all?" Vengeance replied. "You were accused of witchcraft?"

"Yeah. Hung without trial or question," He replied, looking out the window. "All because I was different,"

He sighed for a minute as Vengeance remained silent.

"I know how it feels to be murdered for been different," He mumbled, making Syn look at him. "I was burnt to death by the Romans for believing in the old ways,"

"Death by fire huh? Funny,"

"Why's it funny?"

"I just can't imagine you been burnt alive. You're too calm for that,"

"You think?"

"Yeah," Syn replied before looking over at Zacky. "Were you calm when they took your life?"

"Were you?"

"Touché, Vengeance," He grinned as somewhere in the shop, a clock struck midnight then the doorbell rang open as their next customer came in.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have been listening to Roman Sky a lot so I felt I should reference it plus yesterday was Zacky's birthday so late birthday chapter. hope you guys like