Vengeance to Gain

Death in a Tarot Deck

Jason studied the card that Suzy Haner had given him. It was hand painted and showed a man hung upside by his leg. Next to it was a skeleton that were holding him up. Handwritten at the bottom was the words 'The Hangman'. Jason sighed and tucked it into his pocket before existing his car and going into the retirement home that Suzy lived in. He wanted to ask her some questions without Jeremy around. He walked over to the desk and walked up to the man working there.

"Excuse me, I'm here to see Suzy Haner," He stated but the guy just ignored him and typed. He frowned. "Hey,"

"One minute, dude," The man replied, finishing typing and turning to him. His eyes were bright blue and he had blonde hair. In fact, Jason didn't recall seeing him before. "Can I help you?"

"Yeah, I need to see Suzy Haner," He repeated. The man nodded and typed.

"Well, visitors hours are actually over," He replied.

"It regards a case,"

"Do you have the card?" The man asked suddenly. Jason frowned.

"Card?"

"The Hangman card,"

"How did-"

"Use it like a swipe card on her door," He ordered, typing away. "Just be warned,"

"Warned?"

"You might not like the answers you seek," He replied. "Have a good day now,"

He went back to typing and completely ignored Jason. He took out the card and headed to Suzy's room, using it like a swipe card. It unlocked the door and he walked inside, only to find himself not in Suzy's room. Instead, he was in a dimly lit shop that had creepy looking things such as a dead man's hand, a blood stained axe, his father's cop badge.

"What the hell?!"

"Hell isn't quite here," A voice suddenly said. He spun around and found himself face to face with a man with blazing green eyes. "You're not the usual type that come here and it isn't midnight,"

"My name is-"

"Jason Spencer. I know," He replied. "You're a cop,"

"Yeah. Who are you?"

"My name is Vengeance," He replied. Jason suddenly grabbed him and slammed him against the table, placing his wrists in cuffs behind his back.

"Mr Vengeance, I'm arresting- what?" He gasped as he was suddenly just holding the handcuffs.

"Do that again, Detective and I'll drag you to Hell right here,"

"Threatening-"

"Shut up and sit your ass down!" Vengeance growled, making Jason gulp and sit down on the chair that suddenly manifested. "You're testing my patience, Detective,"

"Easy there, Vee," Another voice added as the receptionist came over and handed Vengeance a cup of coffee. Jason stared at him. "He has the Hangman Card,"

Vengeance looked at him.

"Synyster!" He yelled. A man literally walked through the wall and came over.

"Yes?"

"Your card has returned," He stated, taking a drink. Synyster walked over and held out his hand. Jason looked at him.

"My card," He growled. Jason carefully took it out and Synyster snatched it off him before a table suddenly manifested in front of him, along with a chair. Synyster sat down as he shuffled them before laying out three. Vengeance moved closer to him.

"I take it you're Brian,"

"That was my human name," He replied, turning over the first card. "Dad was killed by a criminal gang hm? and Mom ended an addict,"

"How-" Jason stopped when Synyster turned out the next card.

"Currently, he's looking into our cases," He replied before chuckling. "A serial killer really?"

Jason remained silent as Synyster turned over the last card. He smirked and showed Vengeance who laughed.

"Show him," Synyster nodded and flipped the card. Jason jumped as he stared at the Death card and laughers echoed through the place.

"Relax, Detective," Synyster smirked. "Death in the Tarot deck just means a new beginning,"

Jason glared at them as he slowly sat down.

"Though we would advise you to give up these cases," The blonde man stated.

"Brooks is right, Detective," Vengeance confirmed. "You're lucky to have been given that card. It gave you a once in a lifetime chance to come here,"

"And where exactly is here?"

"The Wicked End,"
♠ ♠ ♠
Quick update. Hope you guys enjoy.