Vengeance to Gain

Just a Vengeful Ghost

"The Wicked End? Can't be," Jason gasped but Vengeance nodded and took a drink of his coffee. Synyster literally made his card deck disappear as Vengeance put down the cup.

"Follow me," He ordered, walking behind the counter and pulling back a purple curtain. Jason looked at Synyster who gestured toward it. He got up and followed Vengeance through it. He found himself in a hallway with lots of paintings of the shop throughout time.

"The Japanese called it Jigoku No Ie," Vengeance stated, stopping by a painting of a Japanese style temple. Jason looked at him. "Means house of hell,"

He moved to the next one.

"The French called carnaval des âmes perdues... carnival of lost souls..." He moved to the next. "The Romans called it templum dolorem... temple of sorrows. Over the centuries, it's been called kind of names and we have seen many souls come and go. Do you know why they come to my house?"

Jason remained quiet.

"I offer a service. Me and my friends will take revenge on your behalf. We require a price but money is no good to us. The price is the client is marked for hell but the victim is taken there straight away. Your partner was one of our recently clients,"

"Jeremy?"

"Ivan," Another voice added. Jason turned round and almost fainted. Ivan had told him about Matthew Sanders, how he was a great cop and how he was murdered yet here he stood. He jumped as Vengeance grabbed his shoulder.

"Detective, we are no longer human. Shadows included," He spoke.

"But you all were once?"

'Yes,"

"Then what are you now?"

"Tormented souls doomed to roam the earth," Synyster replied, leaning against the wall. "You know my story. I'm sure Suzy told you,"

"She did but how did you come here?"

"Vengeance brought me here," He replied. "He brought all of us here,"

"But how?" Jason asked as Vengeance moved in front of him before he suddenly touched his temple. Jason's eyes turned black as visions flowed through him.

Shadows' story

"Come on babe," A voice growled as a girl ran off. Matt looked over and saw two guys chasing her. He slid into the shadows and followed them. "Come here!"

They cornered her and one of them went to hit her but Matt stopped them. The girl thanked him and ran off.

"The fuck man? She's our bitch!"

"Shut up!" Matt growled. They shut up. "It was men like you that killed me,"

"What the hell man?" They gasped but Matt manifested a shadow scythe and raise it. "No! Wait!"

He smirked and cut them down. Blood splattered everywhere and all over him. He made the weapon disappear then sighed. He's killed lots of criminals now but he never feels better and he still can't move on. He went on guard as the street lamp flickered off then back on. A young looking man was stood under it. Shadows frowned.

"Who the fuck are you?" He growled, summoning a gun from the shadows as the man walked over.

"You're covered in blood," He stayed. "Come to the wicked end at midnight if you want to be more then just a vengeful ghost,"

The light flickered again and suddenly he was gone. Matt frowned.

00.00am

Matt looked up at the bright neon sign and tried the handle. It opened and he walked inside. The place was an old looking shop with an eerie glow. He walked around and looked at the stuff on display.

"It's all display only," The voice of the guy from earlier stated. He turned round and faced him. "I'm glad you turned up, Mr. Sanders,"

"Matt's fine," He replied. "And you are?"

"Vengeance," He replied, making a cup of tea. "Would you like one?"

"I didn't think I could still drink,"

"You can," He replied, making Matt a coffee. Sugar and milk randomly appeared. "How long have you been dead?"

"Roughly six months. I'm right in assuming you're not alive either?"

"Correct. I've been dead for centuries,"

"Why contact me?"

"You're lost and vengeful," He replied. "You can't move on because your killer wasn't caught. I still want to offer you a place where you can belong til you can move on,"

"Why?"

"Because I'm a nice guy,"

"Who drags people to hell,"

"Only if I'm contracted to,"

"Would I have to?"

"Drag people to hell? You don't have to but it is fun," He replied. "He others enjoy it,"

"You're not the only one here?"

"No," He replied. "They were lost too so I gave them a home. I can give you one too if you want to stay,"

"... sure why not..."
♠ ♠ ♠
JC's story is next