Beautiful

Lost

She stood there letting the rain engulf her and take her away. She let herself imagine it washing her of all the pain, removing the shards of broken words still stuck to her. It took her away to somewhere that she couldn’t recognize, but felt away from the world, away from every thing she wanted to be away from.
Small sounds and movement were coming from her pocket, jerking her back to reality, everything came rushing back, it hit her with such a force that she almost choked on it, the rain was pelting her, she was lost.
It took her a few moments to realize her phone was ringing. She didn't want to answer it, she didn't even want to look at it, but reluctantly, she lifted it out of her pocket. She felt a sigh of relief shiver through her body to see the name Kacie flash across the screen.

"Hello?" she managed to say shakily into the phone.

"I talked to your brother and sister. You can't go home. Not after something like that." She wanted to say more, but she didn’t. She didn’t even say how much she didn’t believe them.

"I told them that you were going to come and live with me."

She fell to her knees, letting her muscles go. She began to sob, slow, painful, sobs that only TRUE hurt could bring. Her body shook violently with every heaving breath she took, and she couldn’t move, she couldn’t think anymore.

She didn’t deserve this. She didn’t deserve to be treated this way. She was worthless. Her existence meant nothing and she wasn’t sure if she had enough life left in her to go on.

---o---
Kacie was Blane's cousin: and she was one of the only two in the world who truly knew her.

"Shit!" Kacie yelled as she heard the phone clatter to the ground on the other line.
But she knew where Blane was.

She was where she always went when she had nowhere else to go.