Beautiful

Billie and Blane

Billie, once again, dragged himself back into the waiting room.
The doctor, seemed to have been waiting for him and gestured towards him the moment he entered. Billie followed.
"She's awake." he said bluntly, pointing to a room just behind him.

Billie swore he couldn't think of a time he'd been this nervous in his life. His shaky hands grasped the door and he quietly brushed it open. Her weak smile was enough to tell him that she was okay, but her state of being was completely the opposite. There were so many wires and tubes hooked up to her that she looked like an old 90s stereo system.
"Hey." was the only word he could form.
"Hi." was her weak answer. Tears began to well in her eyes, "Thank you."
Another weak smile stretched across her lips.
"Oh, God, Blane, don't cry. Please don't cry." he begged, "I'm so sorry, I swear I got the rooms mixed up or something, but I didn't mean it I promise."
She began to cry harder and his gut wrenched, what had he done?
She pulled her hand away from her face and he saw her expression and realized that she was... laughing!
She was laughing at him. Here he was showing utmost regret and being apologetic as he possibly could be, and she was laughing at him!
"Wow." she mustered through a series of giggles, "You actually think you have that much power over me?!"
She broke out laughing even harder.
"Uh... well...." he stumbled over himself.
She took in a few big breaths and steadied herself before she spoke again, "There's just been too much going on right now, and I don't know what I was thinking, but that's not actually a habit of mine or anything. I mean, it was, a LONG time ago, but iv'e grown up since then and I just wasn't thinking straight is all."
Billie nodded.
Blane exploded into nearvous explanations of the days events, as Billie took a seat by her bed and listened intently.

---o---
Blake woke up in a cold sweat and sat bolt upright in bed.
This nightmare had haunted his dreams the past couple of months he had known about Blane's cancer. The odd thing was that in this dream, he lost Blane; not to her cancer, but to someone else. In every dream, he lost her to a different guy, and none of these guys were people he knew. They were just guys that were smarter, or better looking, or more charming than himself.
And it was hell.
He hadn't gotten a full nights sleep in days.
He pulled on a shirt and his jacket and left the room.

---o---
"What the hell is your problem!"
Tre slammed Mike against the wall of his hotel room.
"Get your hands off me!"
Mike yelled back, shoving off Tre's grasp.
"You're not my fucking mother!"
"Since when do you pop pills, Mike?!"
"What I do is none of your buisness."
Tre stopped dead, took in a deep breath, and slammed his fist into the side of Mike's face.
"Don't you DARE talk to me like that. Mike, we're supposed to be friends. Hell, you're closer to me then my own family! I treated you like family; and look at you, telling me to fuck off. Fine. I will."
Tre left the room with a sharp door slam that knocked a glass off a nearby table.

---o---
It was cool down on the street, and it had started to rain. He walked slowly, taking in every drop that hit his shoulders. All he could think about was the basketball court. All he could hear was her laugh. All he wanted was her.
He wanted to hold her in his arms again.
He wanted take her eyes in his.
He wanted just to take her in.
But she wasn't there.
And it killed him.

He wasn't even watching where he was going anymore.
He didn't even see the person he ran into.
He just mumbled a healf-hearted apology and kept walking.
"Blake!"
He turned to the familiar face.
"Oh, hey." he said softly.
"You ok?"
Blake simply nodded.
"Come on," he gestured for Blake to follow, "lets get a cup of coffee."

---o---
Blane rolled over in her bed.
She smiled to herself, despite the pain she was in.
She had spent the whole night talking to Billie, and she welcomed the sleep.
There were a million things on her mind.
Most of them involving Blake.
But for the moment,

she slept.