Beautiful

The Talk

Blake fiddled with the coffee mug on the table before him.
They were in an old diner somewhere downtown.
Billie broke the silence by bringing up an even more awkward subject,
"So whats the story between you and Blane?"
Blake simply shrugged his shoulders, he didn't really feel like talking about it.
"Come on, Blake, what's eating at you?"
Blake took in a deep breath. Maybe it would be a good idea to let it out.
"It's driving me crazy." he said quietly.
Billie furrowed an eyebrow, "What is?"
"This!" he said a little more loudly, "Her not here with me. Me feeling like shit and not having her to talk to about it. Her being with HIM, and there's nothing i can do about it! I just have to sit back and watch some other guy be all over the girl that should have been MINE to begin with; and it even happens in my dreams. I can't get any sleep at night because every time I do, I see her running away from me. Slowly but surely... she's killing me."
He took in a deep, shaky breath and took a big slug of his coffee.
Billie looked at him with wide eyes, shell shocked at the outburst of a seventeen year old boy. He opened his mouth to speak, but when no words came to mind, he closed it again. He repeated this action two or three times before he actually regained his ability to speak.
"Wow." he said simply, "I didn't know you felt so strongly..."
"Yeah I do. I always have, and she can't seem to figure that out. She thinks that I'm just going to use her till something better comes along; but the truth is, there is nothing better. She's it. She's everything and he doesn't even know it. He knows nothing about her, he doesn't even know that she..."
He stopped, realizing what he was about to say, and quickly shut his mouth.
"What?" Billie asked, "She what? Whats going on with Blane?"
"I promised her I wouldn't tell anyone. She said she wants to tell everyone when the time is right."
"Is it about her cancer?" Billie asked cautiously, but in sudden realization that Blake probably knew as well.
Blake looked up at him, terror in his eyes. Billie's heart dropped out ho his chest. Blake didn't know. "Shit. Just great, Billie, ruin one teenagers life at a time huh?" he thought to himself.
Then the look in Blake's eyes shifted to inquisitive, and worried, "How do you know about that?" he asked defensively.
Billie's lungs suddenly started working again as he let out a huge sigh of relief.
"So you knew already?"
"Of course I knew. I'm her best friend; but that still doesn't answer my question. How do YOU know?"
Billie could tell that he needed to answer the boy's question before a fight got started, so he took in a good breath and went into explanation.
"Well, see, I came back to the hotel to ge something from my room and go back up to the hospital. She was passed out in front of my door, and I couldn't wake her up so I brought her up to the emergency room. The doctors told me."
Blake nodded in understanding, and then his head popped up to stare directly into Billie's eyes.
"How is she?" he asked in a panicked tone, "Is she ok? What was wrong with her? Where is she? My god, shes ok isn't she?"
The look on his face was so pain stricken and worried that he almost looked older than he was.
Billie stood up from the table and dropped a few bills next to his mug, "Come on."
"Where are we going now?" the look on his face and the tone in his voice still the same.
"The hospital."

---o---
Mike sat at the end of his hotel bed, tears forming in his eyes. Nothing was going his way anymore.Dumped and alone, his ex-wife had denied him rights to see his own child, he started drinking, then drugs, and things went downhill from there.
To top all that, he had just lost Tre.
It seemed like everything in his life was leaving him;
and there was nothing he could do.

---o---
Blake slid silently into the hospital room.
She looked so... miserable.
He took the seat next to her hospital bed and slid his hand into hers. He was going to stay here with her, no matter how long. He wasn't going to leave. Whether anyone else believed it or not, this is where he belonged, with her, and it's where he was going to stay.