Status: Continuous

New York City One Shots

Sebastian Stan One Shot: Chapter 3

“There’s not really much we can do for you here, miss.” The officer said to me, looking up from his scratch pad. “There are way too many Yellow taxi cab services around, with weird grumpy old men as drivers.” Sebastian muffled a laugh as the officer spoke. “We’ll try to see if we can get a license plate from one of the cameras around where you got dropped off. What was the address?”
“146 5th Ave,” I spoke with the only amount of hope I had left.
The officer nodded to me and started to head to work. I put the knitted hat back on my head and started to head out.
“So?” He said, picking out a cigarette from his pack. “What did he say?”
I raised a brow, “he said not to smoke out here or the wind blows it all in.”
Sebastian looked up from his cigarette to see if I was being serious.
I laughed and reached for his cigarette. When I held it in my hand, he lifted his lips off it. “This is probably the worst thing you could ever do to cope with stress.”
He dropped his head down, “don’t tell me you’re one of those people—you worked at a gas station, you sold these suckers to people.”
I scoffed, “Excuse me. That’s because jobs are hard to come by. I don’t usually get paid millions of dollars just to wake up.”
“Ha, ha,” he mocked, “can I have my cigarette back?”
I held it behind my back, “if you can get it before I throw it into the nearest trash can, maybe.”
His blue eyes grew wide, “come on, I’ve only got one left.”
I started walking backwards, leaving more distance between us. He started to chase after me. I didn’t get very far as his hands found my hips quickly, holding me in place. I squirmed around, not letting his roaming hands catch the cigarette. He was only 3 inches taller, but it still made me feel small enough to laugh. I enjoyed the feeling.
“Alex—” he pleaded, caught in a half laugh as he noticed how silly we were being.
“How do you know my name, anyway?” I asked, stopping my movements. I could feel his breath on my cheeks.
He stood still for a second, then looked down. He was breathing heavy, “your name tag. I read it. Haven’t forgotten it since.”
My eyes moved to his lips, and I questioned whether or not it would be okay to kiss him.
“Aw,” I mocked, “too bad you’re quitting today.” I laughed and ran out from underneath him. He rolled his eyes after he saw me crumble up the cigarette, letting the small pieces of tobacco fall from my fingertips into the trash can underneath.
“Fine,” he said, taking out the almost empty box of cigarette he had in his pocket. He tossed it into the trash, “I’m done. I’m quitting.”
I smiled at him, sending out some thoughts of hope. “Good.”
He stared at me again, and within that 10 seconds of silence, I wanted to toss that trash can over and land my mouth onto his.
“Look, I’m going to a little mingling thing tonight for one of my movies. Would you be my date?”