Status: Continuous

New York City One Shots

Sebastian Stan One Shot: Chapter 4

I checked into my hotel room easier than expected. My ticket came with a package deal and that meant that my room and my belongings were both already paid off by me. I just needed to give my name at the front desk.
“I don’t know what to think,” Steph spoke, “That is insane—out of all the places to meet him.”
I held the phone in between my shoulder and my face, sifting through the pile of clothes I loved to pack but were now somehow worthless. “Yeah, I know what you mean. It seems so easy, that he just happened to remember me—and happened to have gotten into a fight with paparazzo the second I left my bag in the back of a taxi.”
I could hear Steph smile, “to be honest, I think this might be meant to be.”
“What?”
“All of those things can’t just happen coincidentally without the universe trying to tie some strings together.”
I shook my head after pushing myself out of the temptation that what she said might be true. “All I know is that I’ve been invited to a movie party, and I have nothing to wear.”
~~~
I stood outside of the theater and tried to pace unnoticeably. As groups of people walked by, I scattered off to the side to be out of the way.
“Oh, I’m sorry.” Chris put his hand on my shoulder after he bumped into me.
I shook my head, “no, no—totally my fault.”
He smiled courteously, “you look great. See you in there.”
“I hope you’re ready.” Sebastian said as he finally approached the theater. He was already playing at the scarf on his neck, loosening it with more of a tug. I watched as his fingers curled around the scarf, smiling at the way his hand was moving.
“Ready for what?”
“Doll,” he said as he studied my face. He smiled genuinely after realizing my sincerity. “This is a viewing. Which means that only invited people like the cast, and crew can watch.”
“So?” I raised my eyebrow questioningly.
“So, that means you have to fake it tonight.”
“What?” I leaned in, whispering, “you mean you don’t get a plus one to these things?”
He laughed, putting his hand on my lower back and pushing me towards the theater. “I definitely don’t get a plus one, to anything.”
My eyes grew wider as we approached the entrance. The usher was already letting the group of good looking actors and actresses in. Telling them that the theater reserved for us was at the back of the building.
I straightened my back and nodded along, thanking the usher for being so nice.
“You’re going to have to do a lot better than that tonight, Alex.” Sebastian said in a lowered tone of voice as he walked behind me.
I noted the chills that it sent to my lower back. I sighed and smiled more, thanking the next person for holding the door.
Our group had made it into the theater and were picking out seats. Sebastian’s hand guided me to a seat next to his. He sat back and leaned over to the side to pull on his blazer from getting stuck.
“Smooth.” I said, holding in a laugh.
He closed his eyes and laughed, letting his nervousness show. “Damn it, Alex. I’m trying here. I can’t be cool all the time.”
I giggled, “fine.”
He waved at some people who recognized him, who took their seats right after.
“So, we just watch this and leave, right?”
He chuckled a little as the theater lights started to dim, “I might need you to fake it a little longer than that.”