Status: Continuous

New York City One Shots

Sebastian Stan One Shot: Chapter 5

The time was 11:30 p.m.
I bobbed to the beat of the music as blue slivers of light bounced off the pool. We were on a patio belonging to one of those houses high up.
Everyone was starting to slur their words, and laugh at things before they had a chance to say them. I stuck to soda and any slice of pizza I could get, so the night was still pretty much young for me.
“So, the whole time I was telling him to shoot the scene differently, but he didn’t listen until one of his assistants mentioned it.”
Scarlet cooed, “oooh, I really hate it when directors do that.”
“Babe, you’re on top of the world.” Mark causally put his arm around her. “We can make things happen.”
Everyone around “woo’d” like dorks, Sebastian included.
For the entire night, we both were locked into social circles. We were mingling around each other, but could never speak directly.
I bit my lip a little. Everyone was too tipsy to tell, right? No one here could know whether I was part of the cast or crew. I dismissed myself from the group of flirty girls and headed over towards Sebastian. Everyone in his group waved me over when they saw me.
“Heeeey, it’s that girl.” Robert spoke, welcoming me into the circle.
“I’m sorry,” Sebastian said. “I don’t think we’ve met.”
I looked up at him, widening my eyes. As he offered me his hand, he smiled charmingly.
I smiled up at him with nothing but excitement rushing through my veins. “Hey, my name is Sarah.”
“Sarah?” Sebastian asked.
I nodded demandingly, “yes. That’s my name.”
“Thanks for doing my makeup, girl!” Scarlet remarked.
“I really like the coffee you made for me every morning,” Robert spoke.
“You always made me look great. Cheers to you babe.” Mark raised his glass.
Wow, there were either a whole lot of “Sarahs” or they are way too buzzed to remember just one.
I raised my cup of soda, “cheers you guys.”
They all took a sip and laughed, joining into small conversations. Leaving me and Sebastian the odd ones out, I bit my lip to the tension rising between us. I smiled at him, and as soon as he smiled back I ran my eyes over his lips, then across his shoulders. Half way down his torso, I looked back up into his eyes, hoping that he had caught me shamelessly checking him out.
He hid a smirk behind his cup as he took another sip.
I laughed again, moving closer to him. As the rest of the group got distracted, I put my right hand on his shoulder. He leaned down as I whispered into his ear, “You’re insanely attractive in person, Mister Stan.”
He chuckled, seemingly unimpressed. “You’re easy on the eyes too.”
“Too bad we’re not alone,” I shrugged, holding my tone of voice a notch below a hum, “I could show you how easy on the eyes I could really be.”
He averted his eyes away from me and tugged on his tie. First pulling at the knot then pushing it back into place.
“I cannot wait for the convention panels for this movie! It’s going to be great,” Scarlet laughed, “can’t wait for all the guys to get the ‘what’s your work out like? What did you eat? How did you get yourself into better shape?”
Wow, Scarlet was the life of the party.
All the guys groaned and threw their heads back.
I excused myself back to the bar for a refill. I sat down and handed the bar tender my cup, he nodded and filled the cup of with more cola.
“How long have you been a makeup artist, an assistant, and wardrobe?”
I smiled up from my cup, letting the bubbles tickle my nose. “I’m trying different things out. To be honest, I’m definitely not the person to commit to one thing all the time.”
He laughed and tilted the cup in his hand, watching the ice move around. “I heard something crazy about you—People said you’re from Egypt.”
I raised my eyebrow, caught in somewhat of a surprise. “Did they?”
“Yeah, yeah—they said you knew how to speak Arabic and everything.”
I swallowed hard, as the people around us started to eavesdrop into the middle of our conversation. “Well don’t you speak Romanian?” I questioned him. “How about we play a game. We’ll pick words to say in different languages and see if they have a similarity.”
“Okay,” he nodded, leaning against the bar. He let his fingers dip into the cup, swirling the ice around.
“Uhm how about the word ‘love?’”
Sebastian smiled funny, “that’s easy. ‘Dragoste’”
I smirked a little and sipped on my cola, “Hubun.” I said as Sebastian curiously looked up at me.
“Okay,” he said, inching even closer to try and intimidate me. I let myself lean in, as well. Challenging him with my eyes. He realized the situation and laughed again, telling himself to keep his cool. “Do you know the word for ‘sexy?’”
My heart started to beat faster. I smiled devilishly, “Anta muthir” (you are sexy).
He tilted his head, “what does that mean?”
I lift myself out of the chair and lean against the bar, facing him. He didn’t move, looking down at me as if to say ‘what do you want, kid?’
“How do you say, in Romanian, ‘Sleep with me, right here, right now?’”
He puffed up his shoulders as he slipped a finger into his cup, grabbing a piece of ice, “Dormi cu mine.” (Sleep with me), he raised the piece of ice up in between his lips. “Chiar aici chiar acum.” (Right here, right now).
I watched as his tongue danced around the ice cube, leaving a little bit of a shine on his bottom lip.
I swallowed hard and started laughing. Reaching for my cup, “I need a new pair of panties,” I spoke as the crowd around us started to laugh.
Sebastian giggled, letting his cool disappear. He let his hand rest on his chest as he caught his breath.
“Let’s get out of here,” I said, putting down my drink. I grabbed a piece of ice from Sebastian’s cup and slipped it onto my lips. “This ice tastes great by the way,” I said, faking a slight moan, “it’s so… savuros” (savory).
His mouth opened a little, as his eyes followed the way my lips were moving around the ice cube.
He sighed, and put down his cup. He pretended to straighten his blazer, composing a businesslike look on his face. As he reached for my hand, he whispered into my ear, “Sa mergem” (let’s go).

There were tingles that ran over my skin as he teased it with his fingertips. As the taxi cab driver considered the rear-view mirror, he let out a warning sound.
I looked over and realized it was the same cab driver. “Heeey, it’s you. How has your day been?”
He shrugged, seemingly welcome to the question. “It’s been alright.”
“Say, you don’t remember finding the purse I left behind today?”
He nodded his head and reached over to the passenger seat. He passed it over his shoulder to us.
Sebastian reached for it, “thank you.”
I opened it up to see if there was anything gone. I was happy enough to have found it.
“I didn’t know you lost your purse, Sarah” Sebastian said to me while holding in a chuckle.
I stopped shuffling through my bag and raised my gaze to him. We were almost nose to nose, and it would only take one speed bump, or fast turn to knock us into each other. I let my mind trail off on the idea of biting on his jawline, sliding my fingertips onto his shoulders, feeling his back muscles move as he tried to work my body.
“You know,” I said, “Este un costum foarte bun pentru a face o femeie să decoleze” (That’s a nice suit to have a woman take off).
He swallowed hard, letting his eyebrows move around. "How do you know so many languages?"
I shook my head, feeling flattered that I had convinced him. "I studied Linguistics in college-- most of the time I've just been guessing. Did I do good?"
"With what?" He questioned.
"Faking it."
He chuckled, "thank you for playing along. This night would have probably felt longer without you."
I tilted my head to the side "You're strangely okay with all of this. Me just surprising you-- showing up to New York, pretty much just looking for" I paused to read his facial expression, "you."
He cleared his throat and pushed his hair back, making sure to tuck it around his ears so that it was still presentable. "What if I told you that on our way back during the road trip, we stopped by at the same gas station and you weren't there?"
"Honestly?" I asked, sitting in a little bit of shock.
"Well, I don't have to tell you how much I've been thinking about you, if you don't want to hear it."
I licked my lips while staring at him. "So, you've been thinking about me?"
"Only because it took so long for you text me back."
"I'm not usually one to apologize but," I leaned in and kissed his cheek. "I'm sorry."
The cab driver interrupted, "Listen to me. There's no PDA in my cab!"
Sebastian grew uncomfortable, glancing at the cab door next to him.
I put my purse onto my lap and sat back. "Sebastian? I'm going to need you to fake it for me."
Casually letting my purse hide anything the taxi driver didn’t want to see, I slipped his hand onto my thigh.
Sebastian’s body tensed, and he moved his legs to ease the tension.
I giggled to myself and took his hand off my thigh and into mine. “You good?”
“Yep,” he peeped, not being able to keep eye contact with me.