Status: Complete ♥

Friendship & Jelly Beans

1/1

Approaching the newly renovated Hale house, Olivia listened carefully and smiled as she heard the sound of voices coming from the backyard. Making her way around the side, Olivia's smile transformed into a grin as she spotted Isaac running towards her and automatically hugged him as he threw his arms around her.

"Hey pup," Olivia whispered in his ear as he buried his nose in her neck, taking in her scent and relaxing.

Looking up, Olivia noticed that the rest of the pack had frozen and were now staring at the two of them with confusion written all over their faces.

"Liv?" Came a familiar voice, causing her head to snap up and Isaac to let her go.

"Hey Der," Olivia replied with a smile, walking forward and chuckling as Derek pulled her into a tight hug, "Am I interrupting?"

"Of course not," Derek stated, keeping his arm around her shoulders and leading her over to the rest of the pack, "Guys, this is Olivia... Liv, I'd like to introduce my second in command Boyd, Erica, Scott, Jackson, Lydia, Danny, Allison, and Stiles."

"It's nice to meet you all."

"Do you want to join us for some food and fun?" Stiles asked, moving forward and grinning as Olivia nodded in answer, "Awesome."

Joining the pack where they were gathered, Olivia took a seat beside Isaac and listened as the boys had a conversation about lacrosse.

"So, Olivia, how exactly do you know Derek?" Erica inquired, causing everyone to fall silent and turn their eyes on her.

"It's a long story involving a six-year-old Derek and a bag of jellybeans," Olivia told them.

"Now, that's a story I would pay to hear," Stiles added.

"Why pay when I can tell you it for free?" Olivia argued, shooting Derek a wink and continuing, "As a young wolf, stepping out into the big bad world was a terrifying experience and going to school was even worse. Things were bleak for a few weeks, until one rainy day... when Derek sat down next to me and silently shoved a pack of jelly beans under my nose."

"We are talking about the same Derek, right?" Scott asked, earning a nod from Olivia and listening as she continued.

"The fact that he offered me jelly beans, which have always been my ultimate favorite candy, by the way, had already won my heart, but he took it a step further... tell them what you did?"

"I... I sorted out all the red and blue ones because I knew that they were her favorites," Derek mumbled, rolling his eyes as the girls awww'd and the boys burst out laughing.

"That is how Hale won best friend status," Olivia announced, "Of course, eventually it just got to the point where he knew too much about me and I realized with horror that I was stuck with him."

"You are such a drama queen," Derek replied, throwing a bread roll at her head and chuckling as she caught it without issue.

"That hurt my feelings, bad boy," Olivia added, glaring at him playfully and crossing her arms over her chest, "I'm not talking to you."

"You just did," Derek argued, watching her with affection clear in his eyes and offering her a plate of, "Foods ready."
♠ ♠ ♠
I have absolutely no idea okay... Derek must have been sweet and dorky at some point in his young life!