Sequel: City of Dark Angels
Status: Constantly updating and editing so check :) Leave a comment and suggestions for me

In an Instant

Formidatyl

I was hoping to not hear that strange almost forbidden name ever again, the first witch. Whatever she (or it, I don't know what that thing was) has against me didn't make any sense whatsoever. Yet, here I am following death towards the cellar of which he keeps the strange thing.

"She wants to see you alone." He tells me, as Travis attempts to follow me into the room where she is kept. I turn around and glance at him in fear, he reaches out and grabs my hand ever so slightly.

"I'll be right here, and you'll be fine." He attempts to reassure me, but all I felt inside me was an intense fear that I just can't shake away. I turn away from him and walk into the room to discover why she wants to see me.

"Miss Delilah Ivy." The woman says as I approach the cage. She seems to be much calmer now, but nonetheless I still feel fear being near her. "I just wanted to apologize for my behavior earlier today..."

"Yeah, what was up with that?" I question, appreciating the apology but still wondering the reason behind the entire thing.

"When I was alive, I was an only child...I guess part of me is still used to being the center of attention you know?" She explains to me.

"Can't relate, I have a younger brother. But, I guess I get it so... go on."

"Thanks for that," She frowns slightly at my remark. "Anyways, when I found out that there was another who had entered the brink that was able to contact the other side RIGHT AWAY well I guess my jealously took over."

"I'd say." I smirk.

"You're quite the sassy one aren't you dear, ANYWAYS I had a little chat with sir Death and well I've come to the conclusion that I could use your help...you'll find this task to be important on your behalf as well. See it as, justice perhaps?"

"Where are you going with this?" I lean against the wall, listening to her tell her tale with curiosity boiling up inside of me.

"I know why you're father is truly here." She confesses, watching my expression change from curious to almost furious. That catches my attention real fast.

"I knew his intentions weren't true..."

"He wants both you and Travis dead, he won't stop until you're both gone and out of the picture that's why he's here. To stop you from coming back from the brink." She explains, I feel anger shoot up inside me upon hearing this.

"He wants me dead? His own DAUGHTER?! And why Travis, what does he have to do with anything?" I question just wanting answers, yeah Travis made a lot of mistakes in his life but he doesn't deserve to die. Not by the crooked hands of my father especially.

"As he told you, the police never caught the man who killed Travis's parents. They marked the case as cold, but with you and him knowing the truth well, it will ruin everything for your father." She explains watching my expression change as she recites her speech to me.

"Ruin what? What could my alcoholic, drug addicted father have going for him?" I scoff at the thought of that.

"He has quite a big business running for him."

"Oh really now?" I remark almost impressed.

"A secret drug cooperation of a new drug he invented, Formidatyl... Causing a great exciting high followed by states of delusions and extreme ecstasy."

I did say almost.

"Oh of course it has to do with drugs!" I shout my hands flying up in the air in a fit of anger.

"He has hundreds of people working for him, dispensing the drug across the country. If he gets caught by you and Travis not only does he go down for the murder charge, but drug trafficking as well. Which would destroy him, and the men who work for him. Which is why he is here to stop the two of you, to kill and silence you both from letting the secret out."

"So how do we stop him? How does he know about Travis and I being in the brink?" I ask, questions forming in my mind faster than they could get answered.

"Inside sources from the men who work for him, who've overdosed and came back. They saw you here and reported it to him."

"Well, shit."

Travis enters the room at that moment, he is up to speed with the whole explanation as he was listening to the entire conversation from behind the wall.

"How do we stop him? How do we get the truth about my parents out in the open? Lay it on me, I'm willing to do anything." He says with the look of war insulating his brown eyes, he is truly ready for anything sent our way.

"Travis, there's not much that you can do in this situation... It's all up to Delilah and her ability to contact the other side." She tells him wincing at the look of disappointment painted upon his face.

Just then as the blueprint for the plan is beginning to fall into place, I hear what sounds like a balloon bursting in my ear drum and fall to the ground in a thud as I feel a sudden pain overwhelming me.

The witch looks around the room, a look of intensity filling her face; like she know what was transpiring.

"He's alone with her." She murmurs looking up towards the ceiling to where my room is.

Travis runs to me, scooping me up in his arms as he carry's me back up the stairs and lays me on the floor in the hallway.

"I won't let you die." He promises, getting up ready to fight the war that ensued.