Sequel: City of Dark Angels
Status: Constantly updating and editing so check :) Leave a comment and suggestions for me

In an Instant

You Rescued Me

I awake a few moments later, with both Travis and the witch standing before me. I feel confused and groggy as I sit up, Travis gives me a look of heavy concern.

"Your father." He says, hanging his head down. "He tried to kill you."

"How?!" I ask getting to my feet but only feeling a wave of dizziness wash over me.

"Take it easy, your not strong enough yet." He tells me but I push him to the side and standing up, I am rather stubborn.

"How do we stop him?" I ask the witch, knowing that she probably has all the answers that we need.

"Well, the plan was for you to inform the other side of what happened before he kills either of you permanently but after he tried to kill you, I'm afraid that the ability you carried has weakened, and right now you aren't able to do much when it comes to contacting the other side." The witch informs me and I groan, just wanting all of this to be over and done with.

"How do I get stronger again?" I ask.

"You practice, and you don't stop practicing. Just like your father won't stop trying to kill either of you, he has entire corporation on the line right now. I feel he won't stop at anything until you're both dead."

"What if we just kill him?" Travis contemplates, and for a moment I consider that option as well; but the witch just frowns, as she thinks it over.

"That isn't possible, it's never been done from the brink before. I mean, I've never been able to do it."

"There has to be a way, just like there's been a way for all of this. You all thought it was impossible for anyone to be able to contact the other side. But, here I am doing just that. Even though I can't right now, before I was able to." I protest just wanting to come up with a solution to all that was going on.

A sudden buzzing sound is filling my eardrums and I wince at the pain that follows, then a flash of a vision clouds my thoughts.

"No, they know everything. I won't let them come back." It was my father, talking with a few other men in an office who stand around him. They appear to be in a basement of some sorts, surrounded by drugs and piles of money.

"This is the entire business on the line right now, you know that right?" One of the men mentions to my father and he throws his arms up in frustration.

"I'm aware of that! But after my last attempt they have banned me from going to see her, I feel my ex wife is going to file a restraining order. Which is why I need one of you guys to go in for me and finish the job, we can't let either of them come back.

"I can do it." Someone else replies taking a drag of the cigarette he holds in his dirty fingers. My father nods and hands him a vile of yellow powder, a gun, and a knife.

"You have until the sun sets tomorrow evening, or I'm going to go and do it myself. I can't risk being found out, and I can't let them come back." 

My sight then goes back to normal, The witch and Travis are both watching me with concern as I am sitting on the ground still. My hands over my ears trying to block out the noise that over whelms me.

"Am I supposed to be having visions?" I ask concerned at what I just saw.

"It can happen, but enlighten me of what you just saw." She asks curiously, wondering if my vision can provide any more information on how to stop my father and his evil followers from getting away with what they've done.

I tell both Travis and her about all I just saw, she develops a look of rage on her face. Travis just looks pissed.

"They aren't going to get away with this." He says placing a hand on my shoulder with ease.

***

*Flashback*

"I'm so excited to get to the party," I said to my best friend Sierra as we get ready at her house that evening.

"Me too, getting drunk will be the best part too!" We both giggled thinking about it all.

"Are we meeting Stephan and Gracie there or is Stephan just picking us up?" She asks looking for an outfit to rock that evening.

Gracie is Sierras girlfriend, she's bisexual and came out a few years prior. I accepted her either way and nothing regarding our friendship had changed in the slightest.

"I think they're meeting us there." I reply checking the texts from Stephan on my phone. "He's just walking so he doesn't have to worry about being the DD."

"Ah, makes sense. Good, we don't have to hold back at all!" She laughs running the straightener through her hair.

"I think we're ready to roll!" We take a selfie together before heading off into the night.

***

A few hours pass and the party is going great, we are all quite intoxicated but still having a great time. I was standing next to Stephan at the pool table watching him play beer bong with some of the guys.

I glanced over to the couch and smiled as I seen Sierra and her girlfriend making out with heated passion. I was really happy for them.

I felt the alcohol start to catch up to me and feel a bit dizzy. I decided to go outside for a quick walk to shake off the feeling.

"Okay babe, stay safe... Call me if you need me or anything." Stephan says to me as I give him a quick kiss and head out the door for some fresh air.

With my hands in my pockets I stroll down the road, the alcohol definitely taking hold of me.

"Hey little girl, where you off on such a late night?" I lift my head up in surprise as a strange van pulls up beside me. I don't recognize the driver nor the passenger inside.

I try to ignore them and keep walking but they start shouting obscene words at me.

"Didn't your momma tell you to be nice to your elders?"

"Actually she told me not to talk to strangers so how bout ya piss off!" I shouted and started running from the strange men. This seemed to piss them off and they got out of the van and began chasing me down the road. My feet felt slow beneath me and the alcohol also slowed me down.

About four men surrounded me at that moment, I was unable to run, unable to move.

Pain shot through my body as they began kicking me hard, they threw punches in each and every direction. One of the men flung his body on top of me and started shoving his hand up my top, I tried to push him away but I was weak and he was much stronger than I.

The other men laughed and egged him on and I felt myself beginning to give up. But just before he even tried to take my pants off I hear a hardened voice from above me.

"Hey! Get your hands off of her!" My vision is blurry as I glance up to see someone I don't recognize beating the shit out of all the men, they fled off in different directions as he runs up to me checking if I was okay.

"You're going to be alright." He said to me as I passed out, the pain unbearable.