Sequel: City of Dark Angels
Status: Constantly updating and editing so check :) Leave a comment and suggestions for me

In an Instant

The Secret Brother

The blurriness in my vision gets stronger, the air around me is feeling more tense as I try to comprehend the situation unfolding around me.

I'm still lying on the floor, the chaos in the room erupts. The man removes his hood to reveal his identity, he looks exactly like death but with a more sinister look to him.

"Brother, it's been so long." The man says reaching out to shake hands with death, who looks absolutely terrified. Death backs away from him, still shaking in fear.

Why was death so afraid of his own brother?

"Why, did you help these men create a portal from the other side to the brink?" He asks, trying to answer the many questions he had. "Have you been helping them?"

Death's brother just laughs, and glances over at Travis and I. I'm still lying on the floor, feeling a heaviness from the drug still holding me down.

"I have been helping Delilah's father and his men for some time now, I'm surprised you didn't figure it out sooner. You've always been so much smarter than that."

Death shakes his head in disbelief, "you were always the evil one, brother but I never thought you would go as far as to help a nationwide drug corporation."

"You underestimate my power brother, there is so much more up my sleeve than what you realize."

Suddenly, the drug takes a huge toll on me and I begin coughing up blood and I am unable to breathe. Travis starts patting me on the back gently to try and help, his soothing touch calms me as I feel a weakness come over me.

"What's happening to me?" I attempt to yell out but what comes out is barely a whisper.

"Shh, shh... just breathe Delilah." Travis says trying to calm me down, but I am still feeling my rapid heart beat in my chest like a thousand times faster than it should be.

"Stop this!" Travis shouts getting to his feet, and accidentally putting weight on the leg that had gotten shot only minutes before. Everything was happening so fast. He winces with the pain that overcomes him but still continues his mission to stop deaths brother from whatever he had planned next.

Deaths brother shoots out a gloved hand from underneath his robe, and with that Travis is flung towards the wall in a heavy blow. He groans in pain, but gets up once again. With a rage filling him much more heavy than before.

"He just won't give up." My father snickers.

Travis looks at him angrily, with a rage in his eyes I've never seen before. He lunges at him but misses and crashes to the ground.

"She's innocent! If you're going to cause harm to anyone, then hurt me! All I do is hurt people, I'd take a blow to the chest any day if it meant Delilah was safe!"

"Travis no!" I shout out, still unable to get to my feet to stop it all from happening.

"I'm afraid it doesn't work that way my boy, the secret will still get out. Therefore, you both must be eliminated, and it's only a matter of time before the drug is in full effect and we only have you to worry about." Deaths brother says, a twinkle of threat filling up the black holes he had for eyes.

The witch enters the room at that moment, I hadn't even noticed she was gone. She hides in the shadows away from the chaos, so she remains unseen. I hear a voice in my head at that moment, 'Travis, there is a door behind were you stand it leads outside...I'm going to distract everyone and once the attention has lifted from the two of you, grab Delilah and run out that very door. I'll meet you by Delilah's room once everything is said and done.'

Suddenly there is a bright flash of light, the witch walks in front of it and holds a hand out towards Death's brother and my father.

"Hey assholes!" She calls out and they are suddenly gone along with the witch. Travis runs towards me and scoops me up into his arms and runs towards the door, he kicks the door hard with his foot and we are lead outside in a courtyard of the hospital.

***

**FLASHBACK** (A week before the accident)

"So, have you heard the news." Seirra tells me as we sit in the cafeteria enjoying our lunches, she had chicken fingers and fries and I was happily eating leftover pasta and meatballs from the night before.

"What news?" I ask curiously as I chew a little bit of pasta and feel the sauce dribble down my chin.

"There's going to be a talent show at the college next month, I'm thinking about entering and playing that song I wrote! I was wondering if you could ask Stephan to play guitar for me, since you know he was in a band and all." She tells me, her eyes filling up with joy as she loved singing and preforming.

"I could talk to him about it, he always talks about how he misses playing with the guys."

"Perfect! I can't wait, you can help us with the art and stuff for when we advertise it to the school!"

I liked that idea, the drama classes were always asking me to do their advertisements for when they put on there shows so this would be no different. I made a mental note in my mind to ask Stephan about it the next time I see him.

"It's kind of a love song I wrote about the guy I'm seeing, I just want to give you a heads up so you don't think anything from it, it's not about him I swear!" She laughs and I twirl my pasta around in my fork as I think that over.

"Yeah, that's okay. I know you wouldn't do anything to harm our relationship." I tell her and she smiles at me and holds out her hand for a high-five. I give her the same in return.

"I trust you." I tell her.

***

***PRESENT DAY**

That memory overcomes my mind as I think back to it, with everything going on right now I had completely forgot what Travis had told me. How stupid could I have been to allow that, I unknowingly opened a door to a future heartbreak, a disaster that I should have seen coming. I always sensed them getting closer, and my accident and being in a coma didn't help the situation at all either, it was only a reason for them to spend more time together.

But how was I to know the future?