Sequel: City of Dark Angels
Status: Constantly updating and editing so check :) Leave a comment and suggestions for me

In an Instant

Win The War

"Teach me how to fight

I'll show you how to win

You're my mortal flaw

And I'm your fatal sin

Let me feel the sting

The pain

The burn

Under my skin

Put me to the test

I'll prove that I'm strong

Won't let myself believe

That what we feel is wrong

I finally see what

You knew was inside me

All along

That behind this soft exterior

Lies a warrior" - Beth Crowley 'Warrior'

My mother is discussing the events that just unfolded with the doctor while my ghostly form watches from the sidelines, "what does she mean by 'help me'", she asks him.

"We aren't sure," he tries to explain, "but she looked very scared, like something was after her."

I nod in agreement at his statement, hoping that they will opt to try and do what it takes to be able to help me.

My mother is sobbing now, as she tries to understand every word that is being said to her the best that she can.

"That's only up to her to show up whenever she is ready to, it's all a waiting game until she decides to make her appearance once again." He tells her and she nods, not sure she is wanting to accept that.

I decide to leave the room just then, colliding with Travis as I exit the room.

"Hey!" I say as I back away from him awkwardly, he appears to have a lot plaguing his mind and sulks his head down. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine..." He tells me, but I am able to tell that something is bothering him. "What did death have to talk to you about?"

"It was about the accident, I'm not supposed to be telling you but you have every right to know." He says reaching out to grab my hands, which are now shaking at the possibility of gaining more knowledge regarding the accident.

"Travis what is it?" I ask urging him to come out about it.

He sighs and paces around for a moment before turning and making his way back over to me.

"I'm just going to show you."

**FLASHBACK**

Suddenly I find myself watching from the sidelines, and it's a snowy winter evening. The scene around me feels familiar, I'm lost in my thoughts then Travis appears next to me suddenly.

"What is this?" I ask him.

"Just watch."

I watch in amazement as the snow softly grazes from the sky, I smile as it leaves behind a blanket of beautiful sparkling snow. I shiver from the cold that blankets over me.

"The winter truly is beautiful." I say daydreaming to myself. Travis nods in agreement but keeps his eyes glued to the road. Waiting for the inevitable to happen.

Whatever that was.

Suddenly I see my car winding down the road and a sudden realization comes to my mind.

"This is the accident isn't it."
"Keep watching" he says.

Suddenly a hooded figure appears from the shadows, he eyes down my car with a sinister glare in his eyes. I can only watch the scene in horror from the sidelines as the car suddenly turns into a nearby pole and crashes.

"THAT'S ENOUGH!" I scream not wanting to watch anymore as I know exactly what happens next.

*Present time*

I step back in surprise as I am back in the hospital with Travis by my side, he is watching me with worry as I try and decipher what I just witnessed.

"Deaths brother..." I say as I come back to terms with reality.

Travis nods, with a sadness in his eyes and my heart hurts.

"How did death find out?" I ask having to know as many answers as I possibly could right then.

"He wouldn't tell me, but he wanted me not to tell you just yet but that was something that I just couldn't keep from you." He says and suddenly another question forms in my mind.

"How were you able to show me that, to flash us both back to the accident and witness deaths brother being the reason for such."

"I'm not sure, I just had the sudden urge to be able to transfer my thoughts to you." He tells me, looking just as confused as I was.

"Well that's really amazing, while you were off talking with death I was able to contact the other side." I tell him explaining everything that I had just accomplished, including making myself visible to them and letting them know that I needed help.

"So now they know that you're around, and you need help." He summarizes, fitting the pieces together.

"Yes, they just don't know what I need help with."

"Well I guess we'll have to fix that then." I spun around and seen the witch standing there with a smile on her face as she just heard everything I just told Travis.

"Well done my child, you make me so proud." She tells me, walking over to us and embracing me in a tight hug."I guess I should tell you more about me and my real name." She says pulling back from the hug.

"My real name is Cecilia, I was born in 1986 and I've been trapped inside the brink since 2010. Yes, I've been in a coma for nearly 6 years now my body is basically a vegetable in another area of the hospital. A session with a client went wrong one night and I found myself lost alone in a forest being attacked by wolves, they teared me to shreds. When I first arrived here, I was able to contact the other side right away just like you, but unlike your sweet soul I was still angry about my possible demise. I let things get out of hand, I let my anger and my pride get the best of me. I nearly killed people, I knocked things over and I screamed loudly throughout the night keeping everyone awake. Death locked me up in the cellar were I stayed for years, until you came along and I escaped. At first, yes I was angry not at you for being able to contact the other side but at myself for letting anger get the best of me, seeing how much joy and happiness you've brought everyone I felt jealousy that I wasn't able to do that, and I used my powers for evil and not good like they could have been used for. But now I realize, we can be a team and take down deaths brother and your father. Together, and win the war."