Sequel: City of Dark Angels
Status: Constantly updating and editing so check :) Leave a comment and suggestions for me

In an Instant

Justice

I ease around the corner, with Travis and Cecilia standing close behind me. We have closed in on my father and his men, they are standing outside in the courtyard of the hospital smoking and chatting. I can tell they are also looking around for us, so we put in more effort to stay hidden as much as possible.

"Keep an eye out on them Travis." I say, wandering back around the corner to my room with Cecilia. The plan is, that Cecilia is going to assist me in getting myself to the other side once more with all the energy that I have and to hopefully provide my mother with enough information for a police investigation.

We just have to keep them from finding everything we have planned out, so they don't even consider trying to stop us.

We walk cautiously into the room, I realize that all my family is in the room with me. My grandparents, my uncle, my cousin. They all seem so very upset, and the doctor is letting them in on some very bad news.

"She most likely only has less than 24 hours at this point, I think that it's best you all start saying your goodbyes." He tells my mother, and Riley listens in at this point and begins to sob at this news.

My mother grabs my hand and sobs, "I'm not ready to say goodbye; please fight with all you have and hang on a little bit longer baby girl."

I realize that I don't have much time left, and if I am going to let them in on everything even if I stay or if I go that at least I will be able to get Travis justice.

"Focus..." Cecilia says to me, as I try to gather the same energy; and the same anger that I held within me the last time I manifested myself onto the other side.

Anger was my strength in this situation, I thought about all the things that made me angry the last little while. Even the smallest things, because I know that it will develop into something bigger and important for this very mission.

Stephan and Sierra's betrayal was the one thing that angered me the most right now, I channel that rage within me. I close my eyes and let it out, in little spurts at first.

The lights rattle, the window's shake, the doors close repeatedly, the room instantly fills with chaos and I can tell by the look on my mothers pained face that she knows exactly what is happening.

"DELILAH!" She calls out into the void, exactly in my direction. I can feel myself beginning to fade in and out of reality. I use my voice, which comes out in a whisper at first. Then finally, forms into a pained bellow.

"I don't have much time!" I call out, hoping that I finally have gathered everyone's attention; and it appears that I have because all eyes are on me.

Mostly everyone looks fearful at my presence, but it also gains a lot of curiosity and questions throughout the room.

"What is it Delilah?" My mother calls out rushing to my side, attempting to grab my hand but only being able to fall through it with hers.

"It's dad, he's here with me!" I call out, and she looks confused at first but then seems to catch on after about a moment, "not only is he here, but the men that work for him. They want me and my new friend Travis dead!"

I am fading rapidly in and out, and I find myself unable to keep myself on the other side. I glance over at Cecilia who is muttering words to herself and also keeping focus on everything that I am doing as well.

"Why does he want you dead?" The doctor asked, wanting to know the answers to all the questions as well. I can tell he is in a state of not believing what is before him, but he doesn't have long to accept the answers.

"He killed Travis's parents, and he runs a large drug corporation, he wanted Travis and I dead so we wouldn't spill the secret. But it's out now, and I have to go. I'll try and be back to give you more information... but I don't have the strength to --"

And with that I fell to the floor again, I feel dizzy and weak. At least I have gotten the justice that Travis deserves, what they do with it is beyond me now. I also know that even if I don't make it, at least they know...at least they know.

***

"Delilah...?" I hear Cecilia's sweet voice calling out from beside me. I had passed out again, it appears manifesting that much energy takes a lot out of you.

"What happened? After I passed out?" I asked her getting to my feet, and wondering where Travis is.

"They weren't sure what to think at first, once you dissapeared they all kind of stood there dumbfounded about everything you told them, but the police have been informed and all your claims are being investigated as we speak." She informed me and I sigh in relief knowing that hopefully the word is out and my efforts have paid off. "Good work my dear, I know that must have taken a lot out of you."

"It sure did..." I reply leaning down against the wall trying to catch my breath as much as I could, I didn't know where to go next but at least it was nearly all over.

Death appears with Travis at that point, I tell Travis everything that just happened and he runs over to me and pulls me into a big hug.

"I knew that you had it in you, you just had to have faith in yourself." He tells me, a smile planted on his face. Everything in that moment seems calm, and almost fearless.

Until a gunshot rings out from behind us all, Travis and I turn around and see that Cecilia has fallen to the floor. Blood rushing out of the wound faster than a lava explosion. My father and his men are standing there, looking pleased with themselves.

"Oops, guess I missed!"