Sequel: City of Dark Angels
Status: Constantly updating and editing so check :) Leave a comment and suggestions for me

In an Instant

Forever Grateful

It was like a tunnel, a tunnel of darkness; it didn't seem to have an end at first. But the more I was pushed through the tunnel, the closer to the ending I could see. In that tunnel, I saw glimpses of my life before the accident. And I saw possibilities of my life when I awaken and waking up I will.

I gasp a large deep breath of real air, before opening my eyes and seeing my family, and my best friend standing before me. The overwhelming feeling of being back alive strikes me as they all cry tears of happiness and hold me.

But I realize that something is missing; I don't see Travis, or feel his presence around me. I pull myself up from the bed and attempt to get up but my mother holds me back.

"Sweetie, sweetie...just rest." She says, but I don't have it in me to rest at that very moment; I had to find him.

"Travis!" I choked out, my voice scratchy from not being used while in my coma.

"Whose Travis?" Sierra asks, assisting my mother in trying to keep me from getting up out of the hospital bed.

"He's my friend and I need to see him!" I finally escape their grasp and run from the room, running towards the room I remember he being in. All awhile, the entire scene of the hospital grasping a sense of familiarity as I remember every moment being with Travis in the coma.

I rush into his room, and the bed is empty. I break down crying, hoping that the inevitable didn't happen. As I cry I remember every last word that Travis told me, about his life and his past and were he was headed in the future. I didn't want to lose him, I couldn't lose him. Just when I nearly begin to accept that he was truly gone, and just an angel watching over me now; I feel a tap on my shoulder.

"Did you miss me?" I hear his familiar voice joke as I pulled him into the biggest hug I could possibly give a person, pulling away from him and placing my hands on his face and letting the reality of it all sink in.

"You're ... real." I say out loud, placing my head onto his chest and feeling his heart beating.

"I'm not going to lie, I'm in almost disbelief that you're real too." He tells me, pulling away from me.

"So this is Travis?" Sierra says, eyeing him down.

"Yes, I met him in my coma, well as odd as that sounds its a long story." I say feeling weak and sitting down on the bed. "Travis I'm so happy you decided to hold on."

"I knew that I had too, and I realized that there is more to life then drugs and stealing and getting into trouble. And maybe that I have more potential then I give myself credit for, you made me realize that Delilah. I'm alive because of you, and I was wondering if we could continue the amazing friendship that we started in the brink?"

"I would be honored to be your friend Travis."

***

~TWO WEEKS LATER~

I hear the audience clap before me as they watch me unveil my art project to them at the museum; everyone stands around with there camera phones just wanting to take a peak of my creation.

Only being released from the hospital yesterday, I am still on crutches, recovering from the wounds of the accident. But nonetheless other than the throbbing headaches every now and again I feel great. I am enjoying the limelight of the art show, and answering questions when someone a man walks up to me and introduces himself.

"Delilah Ivy, I am most impressed by your work!" He says, handing me a business card. His name is Peter Realiter chef executive of one of my most favorite art magazines. "I was hoping to be able to publish your work in our next issue, if that's okay with you?"

I am beaming at this point, I look out into the cheering audience as they all heard the offer he gave me.

"Yes of course!" I say, excited for the opportunity that just introduced itself to me. Sierra and Stephan walk up to me and give their congrats, even though it's still a little awkward and hurtful I have come to accept their relationship as they seem very happy together. Stephan and I still agreed to be friends, which started off rocky at first.

I see Travis walk into the museum just then, dressed up in his best suit and holding his hand behind his back. Our friendship definitely hasn't died since waking up from our comas, Travis even agreed to go into rehab to get help for his drug problem and counseling to help with his past and deal with his parents death without the use of drugs.

My father on the other hand, he definitely got whats coming to him. He has the trial next week, and all of his men were caught and arrested. The entire corporation across the country busted for nearly 100,000$ worth of the drug. The murder is still being investigated as it went cold years ago, but with Travis being back they have plenty of incriminating evidence to go with.

"Sorry I'm late, the meeting with my drug counselor went longer than I had hoped it to go." He tells me.

"I'm just happy you're getting the help you deserve." I say to him giving him a high five.

"I couldn't have done it without you." He says pulling out a bunch of beautiful daises from behind his back. "I know they are your favorite."

"Oh they are beautiful!" I say taking a big sniff out of them. "Thank you so much Travis, for literally everything."

"You have nothing to thank me for, because of you I have the desire to turn my life around, and because of you I now know what a true friendship is."

I nearly feel myself tearing up at this, and I look around the room. Grateful for everyone that is here supporting me, thankful for this new friendship that is only going to get stronger. It's almost like, I was meant to nearly die; because if that accident would not have happened my life would not have changed in the way that it did.

And I am forever grateful.