Status: Complete ♥

Every Breath You Take

1/1

'Every breath you take
Every move you make
Every bond you break
Every step you take
I'll be watching you'


Throughout your life, you'll experience many things, but not everything will be good and sometimes you will feel as though you can't carry on. You'll go through the joy of building new relationships, you'll find happiness in the friendships that you kindle and you will suffer the pain as they crumble in front of your eyes... but just remember that I am always going to be there.

'Every single day
Every word you say
Every game you play
Every night you stay
I'll be watching you'


New days will dawn, you'll talk about love and share your dreams in the dead of night when you think that no one is listening. You'll fall asleep with the light on because the dark is still your biggest fear, but fall asleep with the knowledge that I am watching over you and infusing your heart with light to keep the monsters at bay.

'Oh can't you see
You belong to me
My poor heart aches
With every step you take'


You will always be my little girl, my blood runs through your veins and our memories will remain in your heart. I see the person you are becoming, the girl that any father would be proud of and it hurts to know that I am not there to tell you how truly blessed I feel to know that I had a hand in creating something so perfect.

'Every move you make
Every vow you break
Every smile you fake
Every claim you stake
I'll be watching you'


Every decision made, every promise broken, every smile that doesn't illuminate your eyes... I've seen them all and I know that that underlying sadness is there because of me.

'Since you've gone I've been lost without a trace
I dream at night I can only see your face
I look around but it's you I can't replace
I feel so cold and I long for your embrace
I keep crying baby, baby, please'


I miss you, daddy, sometimes when I close my eyes I can see your face and hear your voice in my head. Mummy has a new boyfriend and I guess he's nice enough, but he will never be able to fill the hole in my heart that has been left by your early departure.

His hugs aren't as warm as yours were and he doesn't know how to comfort me when I am crying. He doesn't understand me, but perhaps that's because he isn't you and no one could ever understand me the way you did.

'Oh can't you see
You belong to me
My poor heart aches
With every step you take'


There's nobody else who will ever wear the title of dad in my life, there's only one you and you were the best dad that any girl could wish for. There was so much left for you to do... you were supposed to take me out to teach me to drive and embarrass me in front of the boys I'd bring home by questioning them about their intentions.

Then, when the time came and the right guy came along... you were supposed to walk me down the aisle and hand me over with the heartfelt reminder that you would always be my first true love.

'Every move you make
Every vow you break
Every smile you fake
Every claim you stake
I'll be watching you'


You were supposed to make the big family decisions, break your promises like all fathers do occasionally and make it up to me by taking me for ice cream at our spot. You were supposed to be around for our monthly daddy-daughter dates and pretend to be happy about meeting my first proper boyfriend, but most of all, you were supposed to be at major events in my life saying 'that's my little girl... that right there is my world'.

None of that will happen now, but I will walk through life believing that you are watching me from above and I will try my hardest to make you proud daddy. You're forever and always in my heart... until we meet again, I love you.
♠ ♠ ♠
...