Sure as Hell Try

Sure As Hell Try (Daniel Atlas)

Image

“Imagine…”: Catching Danny with one of his one-night stands and the two of you finally admitting your feelings.

Warning: Includes mature content and language; smut

You smiled to yourself as you traveled down the side walk of Chicago, Illinois. You had just made a rather large amount of money performing one of your most favorite magic tricks for a large crowd.

“Danny will be in complete shock,” you thought to yourself as you shuffled a deck of cards. Your hands expertly maneuvered them just as your best friend Daniel Atlas had taught you years ago, back when you and he became a magical duo after his assistant left him.

You pulled the door of your apartment complex open, throwing your cards into your coat pocket. Pulling your backpack around, you unzipped the bag, digging through it for your key as you balanced your way up the stairs.

Sticking the metal into the lock, you heard it- the loud, obnoxious giggle of a woman who planned on getting anything she could from every girl’s favorite magician. You sighed, knowing that this was just another one of his one-night stands. Yet, you could feel the ever-so-common pain in your chest.

Again, your heart was breaking. Little by little, your heart had lost a shard ever since you took stage with the man that fascinated you more than you ever thought to be possible. The moment he took your shaky hand to calm your nerves during a street performance, you had fallen in love with a man you knew would never love you.

“Can you do 52 different tricks on me?” the female voice behind the door seductively spoke, bringing you out of your self-pity state.

“You have got to be kidding me,” you let yourself breathe, anger building inside you.

“I’ll see what I can do,” Danny said simply. You could see his face in your mind, a smirk plastered on his face and his eyebrows raising. Too cocky for his own good.

Without thought, you swung the door open. The girl did not once stop her attack on Danny’s neck to look at you. Danny, however, did. His eyes grew in size as you stood there, arms crossed against your chest, waiting for his apology.

You heard Danny mumble something, flinging the girl off his body when she looked your way. He sat up slowly, his eyes never leaving yours. “You need to leave,” he told the girl lying on the floor of your apartment.

You rolled your eyes, showing Danny that that was not enough of an apology to fix this, as the girl stood to gather her clothes, proclaiming the situation as embarrassing. She rattled on and on, but her words did not seem to faze Danny.

As the girl marched your way, she scowled at Danny through her annoyed comments. She met your gaze as her hand reached for the doorknob. You set your own on top of hers. “Don’t worry. His magic isn’t advanced enough to magically find your number.”

She stared at you for a moment before turning to Danny and stating the obvious. “You are such an asshole.” With that, she was gone with the slam of the door.

You turned toward Danny, his face in his hands. “Nice job,” you told him as you sat down next to him.

“I-I didn’t mean for you to walk in on that, (Y/N),” he said, turning to properly sit on the couch.

“I know,” you smiled lightly, hitting him on the shoulder. “I’m your roommate, though. It was bound to happen one of these times.”

Danny laughed nervously. “You’re not mad at me?”

You shrugged. “What’s the point? I mean, we live together. I can’t be mad at you for something stupid like this.” You stood, arms crossing over your chest involuntarily. “Hey, if I could get a hot guy to come home with me, I do the same thing.” You forced a smile, feeling your heart tear at your words.

“You-You would do that?” Danny asked, standing up himself. “You would just sleep with any guy you found?”

“Why not?” you spat, anger filling the phrase. “I mean, you do. Why can’t I?”

“Because just any guy isn’t going to treat you the way you deserve to be treated, (Y/N),” Danny said softly, taking a step toward you.

You snorted to cover up the shock you felt as he spoke. “How would you know how I deserve to be treated, Danny?”

“Because I’ve known you for years, (Y/N)!” he exclaimed, his arms shooting out for enthuses. “I know your likes, I know your dislikes. I’ve watched how many romantic comedies with you! You always mumble about how you wish a guy would do those stupid corny things for you. You snort when a movie ends in the couple getting engaged after knowing each other for a short amount of time. I know-“

You cut him off as your lips locked onto his, slamming his back against the wall behind him. You had no idea what was going on in your head but you were not about to question it until Danny said something.

Danny’s hands gripped onto your waist, pulling you tight against him as your fingers focused on pulling the strands of his hair, a moan releasing from his lips. Not wanting to give you full control of the situation, Danny threw your back to the wall, a huff escaping as you smiled at his behavior. You grabbed a handful of his shirt, pulling him back to you, but Danny stopped your actions, his hands slapping loudly against the wall on either side of your head.

“No guy could ever please you, (Y/N),” he whispered in your ear, placing a light kiss under your earlobe. “But I’ll sure as hell try.” His lips traveled down your neck, his facial hair tickling you.

You moaned at his words, your hands trying desperately to pull him closer. He obliged, pushing his hips into yours as he placed open mouth kisses along the length of your collar bone. “You have no idea how long I’ve wanted you,” he growled as his lips met yours.

You sighed into the kiss, your brain suddenly turning back on at his words. “How long?” you breathed the question as you reluctantly pulled away from his plump lips.

The corner of Danny’s lip twitched into a smile as you stared at you. “Since you started performing with me when Henley left.”

You placed a hand on his cheek. “Since you held my hand on stage to help calm me down?” you asked as he kissed the inside of your wrist. Danny raised an eyebrow at you. “Because that’s how long it’s been for me.”

Danny chuckled, nodding. “Now, if you don’t mind, I have a lot of built up sexual frustration for you that I need to get out.”

You laughed, pulling Danny to your bedroom. Danny did not waste any time pushing you to the bed and removing his shirt, his hair sticking in all directions from the static. In a hurry yourself, you removed your own shirt and bra, throwing them on the pile Danny had started.

Danny stared at you, his blue eyes skimming over the newly exposed skin. He licked his lips as an animal does before pouncing on its prey.

“I’ve never wanted anything as much as I want you,” he stated before climbing onto the bed and attacking your lips.

You moaned into the kiss, the sound echoing throughout your room as Danny’s lips made their path down between your breasts, kissing each one before traveling down to the hem of your jeans. You nodded quickly when he looked your way through the hair that had fallen into his face, his cue to yank off the material.

A growl sounded from his throat as he lightly bit the insides of your thighs, leaving behind the marks of his beautiful teeth in your skin. He kissed the material shielding himself from your most sensitive region good-bye before ripping it away, the fabric lying on top of your other clothing.

“Not fair,” you giggled, reaching up to remove the belt of his jeans. He laughed as you struggled with the zipper for a moment before standing to remove the pants completely.

“May I continue now?” he asked, placing his head between your legs. His fingers danced lightly on your ribcage.

“Oh, please do,” you winked, making him smile.

“Great. I didn’t have dinner,” he said with a raise of his eyebrow before plunging his tongue into your awaiting core.

Your hips lifted involuntarily off the mattress, giving Danny an even better angle to work with. Pleasure exploded through your veins as the illusionist brought the thumb of one hand to circle the bundle of nerves you so desperately needed touched. The other hand wasted no time, two fingers expertly exploring your core.

“Danny,” you moaned as you brought your own hands to your breasts. You rolled each nipple between your thumb and forefinger, the feeling providing you with an even greater sensation.

You willed yourself to look at the man between your thighs. His icy blue eyes stared back at you, shining with lust and desire for you. You smiled to yourself, remembering how badly you have always wanted to see his eyes look that way for you.

Danny’s actions ceased, and you found yourself groaning at the sudden loss of pleasure. He smiled at you as he climbed back to your lips. “You’re so, so beautiful.”

You smiled, pushing him onto his back. Danny mockingly growled at your actions as you pulled the boxer briefs blocking you from sexual pleasure down his legs.

Danny let out a sigh of relief. You smirked, throwing the restricting fabric onto the pile of clothing. You straddled him, your slick core inches away from the tip of his length as you kissed him.

“Please,” Danny breathed as you kissed his neck. You eyed him, confused by his word choice. Not bothering to fill you in, Danny pulled a foil packet off the bedside table. “I’m begging you,” he said with a smirk, the packet fiddling between his fingers.

You swiped the packet from his fingers. “With pleasure,” you said, the pun fully intended. You ripped it open slowly, unraveling the latex onto his length.

“How bad do you want it?” you asked him as you wrapped your arms behind his neck, playing with his hair. You rolled your hips from side to side, knowingly avoiding Danny’s length twitching below you.

“So bad,” Danny growled, wrapping an arm around you and plunging his length into your core. You both released a long awaited moan. “You feel amazing,” he moaned as he flipped the two of you over, rolling his hips into yours as he thrusted hard and fast.

“Fuck, Danny,” you screamed as your fingers gripped the bed sheet.

Your high was building in the pit of your stomach much faster than you anticipated. Your head rolled to one side, giving Danny the perfect opportunity to leave open mouth kisses on your neck. His actions slowed but continued in sloppy movements. He was reaching his high already, too.

The bomb inside you burst, sending you into a fit of moans, Danny following you not long after. With your foreheads leaned against one another’s, you breathed in sync, the air in the room suddenly thick with sweat and sex.

“I can’t wait for next time,” he smiled as he rolled off you, placing a kiss to your shoulder.

You giggled. “Me either.”