Status: Love is what you make it.

Love Is

Dedication

Love is kisses in the middle of a sentence. It is conceding just to see the other person smile that you care to do what they want to do. It is sharing a blanket that is too small, just to be close to them while watching tv.

Love is heartbreak. It is hurting when your baby hurts. It is dropping everything to come lay next to them and hold then when they are sick. It is making sacrifices without being asked, to make things easier; or sometimes, just to see them happy.

Love is wisdom. It is a choice to choose the best times over hanging on to the worst of times. It is letting go and daring to hang on, even when the outlook is bleak, all at the same time.

Love is pure joy. It is snuggling closer at 3am just to hear them breathing. It is waking up in the morning and being totally in awe you are so blessed to have a love like this. It is relishing in the feeling of knowing this is it, they are the one, and there is nowhere you would rather be than right by their side.

Love is crying your eyes out when things get tough. It's resolving to remember the good times and set aside the bad. It's choosing to continually say "I still do" instead of "I just can't."

Love is not perfect. It is not a fairytale in and of itself. Love is a journey. It's stupid fights. It's broken promises. It is hurting the other when you didn't mean to. It's kissing and making up. It's lover's spats and silent nights. It's letting go and saying you're sorry, even when you were right. It's forgiveness on a daily basis.

Love is a choice. Everyday, I choose to love you more. Each morning I choose to let the awe take me over that you really are mine. It's a choice to be a little bit selfish and relish in the fact that no other has seen in you the incredible awesomeness that is every part of you. Every night I choose to lay beside you and snuggle close, regardless of the day's events. When I make the wrong choice and let pride get in the way to the point I don't lay near you, it tears me up inside. It is a choice to say, Baby, I love you unconditionally- and truly mean it.

Love is everything and nothing at all. It is the sunshine breaking through the clouds. It is the birds proclaiming their joy at the start of a new day. It is the waters calming themselves after a storm. It is you.

Love is you.

When I said yes, and followed up with I do, I meant every syllable. It is super easy to make these proclamations when everything is beautiful and your head is still in the clouds. That is all wonderful, but it is not what builds a life.

It is each time you apologize. It is every time you choose to forgive rather than hold a grudge. It is in every compromise. It is standing helplessly by, watching the doctors tell you that there is nothing wrong with your Love, when you know there is, and they just keep missing it. It is a true knowledge that your worst day with them is so much better than your best day without them.

Love is so much more than physical attraction. It is more than the perfect, toe-curling kiss. And yes, it is even more than incredibly satisfying love making.

Love is trust. It is hope. It is a knowledge that you are one hundred percent better with them than without. It is a concrete, unshakable belief that you will persevere, no matter what life throws your way. It is a feeling that no one can describe unless they have had it.

Love is the feeling that when the stars in your eyes fade, life becomes routine and predictable, you still connect eyes and just know.

Love, true love, is something you cannot fall out of even if you try. So many hearts are broken, so many marriages fail, all because life happens. As for me, I say, take my hand Baby. Come what may.
♠ ♠ ♠
Inspired by and dedicated to the love of my life.