Break the Rules

Baby, I'd Kill For You

For the sake of some sort of half assed normalcy, Lux begrudgingly stayed with the Winchesters. She knew until she could get everything sorted out it was probably the most ideal situation. They kept her away from anything about Lucifer, which was also probably for the best considering her bond to him and cracked mental stability. She joined them on a few small hunts, surprising them with how well she could actually handle herself. At one point, she was one on one with a vampire and let her rage just go. It was a vampire, so he was going to end up dead one way or another. It was another silent ride headed back towards Sioux Falls, when Dean decided make a stop at a motel.

“We could all use some rest after everything that’s been happening,” he told them as they stared at the old looking motel. “We’ll get you a room for yourself, Lux. I’m sure you could use some you time or whatever,” he gave her a small smile.

She returned the gesture and nodded, getting out of the Impala. “Thank you, guys.”

Exhausted beyond belief mentally and physically, Lux was completely oblivious to her entire surroundings. She ignored the extravagance and stares from all who were already there. The moment she walked in behind the brothers, running a hand through her messy raven hair, all eyes landed on her. She might have missed it, but Sam and Dean didn’t. They let it play out, making sure Lux’s room was next to theirs, and staying on guard so she could rest. Something was definitely off about the place.

Lux locked the door behind her and threw her bag on the bed, taking a moment to enjoy the pure silence all to herself. Finally completely by herself, she stripped down as she made her way to the bathroom to shower. The hot water bounced off her pale skin, taking the dirt and fresh vampire blood down the drain. She closed her eyes, relaxing into the water, only to see Lucifer’s blue ones haunting her mind.

Her eyes snapped open, one twitching slightly. She gave the archangel a little credit though, he did give her space to figure everything out. Not a single out of place dream or haunting thought like he was poking around in her head. Unlike the Winchesters. It was constant questions. Her patience was wearing thin. She knew she was running out of time and would have to make a decision soon.

After a long enough time to relax and get clean, Lux finally removed herself from the shower and wrapped up in a towel. She rummaged through her bag until deciding on blue jeans, a black tank top, and her leather jacket. As she dressed, she could hear some kind of fighting going on around her. She sighed and laid down on the bed; the boys would be just fine without her. She attempted to sleep, but the fighting outside deterred her. She sat up, sighing, when the lights flickered.

Lux’s pupils dilated just about to the max, only a small ring of violet visible. The room grew cold and she darted to the door. Outside, the walls were splattered with blood. Her heartbeat picked up briefly, the scent of blood and death filling her nostrils. A darkness crept up her spine, eyes landing on an emergency hatchet on the wall. Without hesitation, she busted the glass and took the weapon, stalking the halls.

Footsteps came running towards her and she readied her hatchet in her hands. A strange, large man already covered in blood ran for her around the corner. Letting herself succumb to the cold, she charged back at him, swinging the blade right at his throat. “Off with your head,” she muttered, stepping on the fallen skull. She looked at the body and the blood on her hands, flashbacks haunting her memory. A chill crept up her spine, causing her to shudder. It was decision time.

Lux looked down the hall, expression going entirely cold and uncaring. She walked through the hall, boots thudding on the hardwood floor, decapitating anyone that came near her. Maliciously, one after another, she struck down every single person or creature with the hatchet. Sensing someone creeping up behind her, she turned to swing her blade, but he was much quicker in restraining her. She struggled, kicking and screaming, to no avail.

Sam and Dean looked at each other when they heard Lux’s wails. The girl’s screams caused Kali to back down with her flames, but a look of such anger on Lucifer’s face it nearly froze the entire room. “Where. Is. The girl.” He demanded of Kali.

“Thought this little thing might of been important,” another Pagan God said as he dragged Lux into the room. “She radiated the same exact arrogance and Power.”

Lux, covered in blood, continued to thrash against the God. “Oh go fuck yourselves. Next time you want a vacation, Dean Winchester,” she glared over at the older brother, “leave me the fuck home.”

“What’s the matter, kid? Don’t like going on killing binges?” She snarled, still thrashing, his comment earning everyone’s attention. “Well you see, while Lucifer was tearing us apart out here, his little girlfriend was decapitating the rest that tried to run without mercy.”

“Lux…?” Sam spoke quietly in disbelief.

Her indigo eyes met Lucifer’s icy cobalt ones, silent words being shared. She nodded, steadying her feet. Carefully, with the so-called God’s grasp on her upper half, she curled her legs up and rammed her feet into his knees. He dropped, letting her go in the process, and something silver went flying across the room into Lux’s hands. She stared down at him, twirling the archangel blade engraved with the same mark on her hip.

“Lux, don’t do it!” the brothers called out to her.

“Don’t you dare, girl,” Kali snarled.

The God rose to his feet, poised to attack Lux. “I’m done taking orders from people,” she said quietly, pupils dilating once more. “When people see good, they expect it. And I never should have given you those false hopes about me.” Lux danced around him, slashing variously with the blade until she had him up against a wall, blade at his throat. “I don’t do being manhandled, dick,” she spat in his face before ramming the blade through his throat and letting him drop. She turned, looking at the brother’s hiding behind a table, before looking to Kali. The Goddess looked absolutely horrified. “You seem to confuse me for someone with remorse.” She threw the blade back to Lucifer.

Kali moved forward to attack Lux, only to be stopped by one angry Lucifer. “Stay away from her,” he snarled. “She’s mine.” He flung the Goddess to the floor with ease, staring down at her, ready to stop her heart right out. Next thing he knew, he was being flung off and out the door and Lux was screaming again. He jumped back up, storming in, surprised to see Gabriel with an angel blade at Lux’s throat. “Let her go, brother.”

Lux struggled against Gabriel even with a blade to her throat. “I can’t do that, Lucifer,” Gabriel replied. “You marked an innocent human girl? Have you lost whatever might have been left of your mind?”

“Why?” The older brother argued. “Because I’m a vicious, heartless, monster?”

“Yes! Whatever you’ve done, you’re only going to hurt her in the end!”

“Don’t speak like you could even understand!” Lux chimed in, still fighting. “It doesn’t matter how I end up. You twits could find a way to send icicle over there back down under and guess what? I die and that’s exactly where I’ve got a one way ticket to. You idiots can’t possibly kill the devil, are you stupid? Best hope you’ve got is sending him back and you’re still going to be giving him me in the end.”

“You have a chance at life, Lux. At Heaven. You’re not--”

“I made my bed a long time ago and I’m damn well going to lie in it.” She looked to everyone in the room, a sardonic smirk on her face. “I have nothing to repent for. Nothing I’m sorry for. Because I’m not sorry for a damn thing I’ve done in my life.”

Gabriel shook his head. “Guys,” he called to the brothers who came running over, “get Kali and Lux out of here.”

Lux laughed. “Like hell I’m going anywhere.”

“You’ve got spunk, sweetheart,” Lucifer smirked at her.

“Lux, come on,” Dean urged, trying to grab her arm. When she fought back, he sighed and grabbed her, lifting her off the ground. “You are so not getting caught up in this right now. We’ll figure it out.”

“I suggest you let her go, Dean,” Lucifer told him warningly.

She kicked and flailed against the older Winchester just as she did with the last two manhandling her. When she realized she wasn’t getting anywhere, she let her head drop, hair covering her face. “I’ve had enough,” she murmured, finally making her decision. Slowly she lifted her head, making direct eye contact with the older archangel.

“Lux, no!” Sam called, trying to run back. He recognized that look. She made up her mind.

“Yes,” she said quickly. “You wanted my permission, you’ve got it. I’m all yours.”

He smirked victoriously, angel blade coming out from his sleeve. It was like a new burst of Power had been shot through him. Yanking Lux to his side with a flick of his wrist, he flung the Winchester brothers to opposite ends of the room and turned for Kali who had already fled. Slowly, he turned to his brother. “Would you care to try again, Gabriel?”

The younger archangel stood his ground, holding his own archangel blade in defense. “Lux, do you even know what it means to be soul marked by an angel? Let alone Lucifer?”

She stood by Lucifer’s side, expression devoid of any emotion. “No,” she drawled nonchalantly. “And I can’t say I care too much either. Whatever happens, happens.”

“Lux, you’re putting your life and faith in the hands of the devil!” Sam tried to reason.

“I do what it takes to survive, Sam. God will never look in my direction if he ever decides to show his face. Lucifer already saved me once. I’m going with the team I’ve got a higher chance of surviving with. And frankly, you guys are prone to die. A lot.”

“Which would cause me to come back every time and keep bringing her back so long as I walk this disgusting Earth,” Lucifer continued, putting his hand on her lower back. “Lux was always meant to be mine, boys. But she was kept off my radar for so long so I needed you to bring her to me. I mean, didn’t you get the hint by her name? Lux Maristela? For my Father’s poor sake Lux is the root of my name. Maristela is the star of the sea.”

Gabriel looked at his brother with disgust. “That didn’t mean a damn thing and you know it, Lucifer. You could have left her out of this.”

He stepped forward with rage, archangel blade poised at his younger brother’s chest. “And I would have been leaving her to die.”

Even Lux was a bit surprised by the archangel’s reaction; he had genuinely heard someone call for him and spared their life? “You...you did that selflessly to begin with?” Gabriel questioned.

“I heard a girl crying, begging to live so badly that she even called for me to hear,” Lucifer spoke quietly. “And you know what I saw when I decided to check? A girl not meant to die but about to in a matter of minutes. All alone, ran off the road for no damn reason. And not one single other angel. She was heard, and left to die before her time.”

The room fell silent, Lux’s eyes returning to normal. “Then why did you have to mark her?” Gabriel pressed.

“I didn’t,” Lucifer finally admitted. “She already bore my mark when I found her. My presence must have broken whatever seal kept it hidden.”

Lux’s violet eyes widened, lips parting slightly. She stared at the archangel brothers, noticing Lucifer’s hesitation with killing his baby brother. Slowly, she walked up behind him and wrapped her hand around his holding the blade. “Don’t,” she spoke quietly and shakily. Looking him in the eye she mouthed, ‘Please?’ She felt him relax and step back, the blade disappearing beneath his sleeve. Still gently holding onto his hand, she released a breath she had held.

“Lux, you don’t have to do this,” Gabriel tried to plead.

She felt Lucifer grasp her hand a little tighter so she smiled and shook her head. “I’m alright, guys, really. This is what I want. Thank you.”

“I will be okay, boys. This is what I want. Take care of each other.”

“Alexandria…” Gabriel breathed, falling back against the table.

“Oh you have got to be fucking kidding me,” Dean muttered.